Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Total Fan

I agree with all that you said!

Old 12-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki (View Post)
I think it was sad yet very realistic. TV often romanticizes a girls first time. If one is lucky its awkward at best. She was feeling low about herself and decided to be spontaneous. In the end, she regretted it. But, I also think it was an experience she needed to have.

I get your point, Genki, it IS an awkward moment in a girl's life, and that's EXACTLY why I think it's way better and safer to share it with a person you know, trust and if possible, love... That's why I thought Felicity should have had her first time with Noel instead of Eli. Even if she wanted to take things slow, Noel was in love with her and was willing to wait as long as she needed. It was supposed to be that way. Perhaps the writers wanted to twist things a bit to surprise the audience and begin to show Felicity's bold side.

- Choni -
Old 12-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
didn't you cheer felicity on though? I mean talk about a way to get back at him
I was just sad for the entire situation.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniagranelli (View Post)
I get your point, Genki, it IS an awkward moment in a girl's life, and that's EXACTLY why I think it's way better and safer to share it with a person you know, trust and if possible, love... That's why I thought Felicity should have had her first time with Noel instead of Eli. Even if she wanted to take things slow, Noel was in love with her and was willing to wait as long as she needed. It was supposed to be that way. Perhaps the writers wanted to twist things a bit to surprise the audience and begin to show Felicity's bold side.
One thing that strikes me about the show is despite its fantasy set up the emotions and experiencews were always authentic. By going the way of having her have her first time with someone she didn't know all that well, they added a twist and also made Felicity more sympathetic too many young girls. Your first time isn't always with a guy you love or know all that well. Unfortunately its just the experience that some people have. TV and movies tend to romanticize this experience. I found it refreshing yet very painful that it didn't go that way. she also wasn't turned into some girl who just slept around. It was a major mistake and one that she can't take back and not just for Noel, but for herself. That plot point was about so much more than destroying the FAN relationship. It was about who Felicity was at that point in time. It also foreshadowed her actions in the first episode of season 4. Its part of Felicity's impetuous and disaster character.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

I always liked her with Noel but Eli was hot. I wish she had dated him later on in season 2. But he was on Jack and Jill.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Eli was hot. Definitely. He was just a plot point though...but still hot.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniagranelli (View Post)
I agree with this. I was so disappointed in Felicity's first time being meaningless. At least Eli was sweet and hot. But I would've wanted it to be Noel or Ben. Considering it was pretty early in the series, I would've loved for Noel to have been the one.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I made a Fab video if anyone is interested

YouTube - unbreak my heart

(if you all have any video requests let me know. I seriousy need to diversify)
Old 12-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Love love love the video Genki. Thank you

How about a Sean and Meghan video or Elena and Tracy video.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the video Genki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
I agree with this. I was so disappointed in Felicity's first time being meaningless. At least Eli was sweet and hot. But I would've wanted it to be Noel or Ben. Considering it was pretty early in the series, I would've loved for Noel to have been the one.
I think Felicity was too loopy at that point for Ben to be her first anything. Noel would have been perfect
Old 12-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Total Fan

I think it was interesting she chose an anonymous guy, really! After all that about dancing around the se thing, waiting to be ready and all that... I liked that decision. But I hated she did that to Noel. And I hated what Noel did too...

Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

It was definitely dramatic!

Remember when Felicity had that dream and all the guys were fighting over her?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanXG (View Post)
It was definitely dramatic!

Remember when Felicity had that dream and all the guys were fighting over her?
Yeah, that was funny, Ben would say: "I'm her soulmate"... And Lucky was in her dream too!!
I never liked the boys Fel used to date, I mean David and Greg, of course! Why she dated such an ugly guys??

Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Who's David? I haven't seen past season 1 since it aired on WE.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

A really sweet guy she dated in the second season.

He was her profs son. I liked him...but they were zzzzzzzzz together in my opinion.