Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Moderator Manager

fox24, have fun catching-up.

Carrie, I agree. Elizabeth has that old Hollywood look back when she was younger. Thanks for that link. I haven't seen that docu yet and her voice is lovely.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
fox24, have fun catching-up.

Carrie, I agree. Elizabeth has that old Hollywood look back when she was younger. Thanks for that link. I haven't seen that docu yet and her voice is lovely.
You're welcome Lindsay, I wish the whole documentary was on Youtube, I could only find that clip, it's definitely worth a watch though, I love the glamour of old Hollywood, I'm always collecting books and dvd's relating to it.

Another pretty one of Elizabeth and agree her voice is lovely to listen too as well.

http://cdn29.us2.fansshare.com/image...1285546193.jpg
Old 05-28-2015, 01:03 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
You're welcome Lindsay, I wish the whole documentary was on Youtube, I could only find that clip, it's definitely worth a watch though, I love the glamour of old Hollywood, I'm always collecting books and dvd's relating to it.

Another pretty one of Elizabeth and agree her voice is lovely to listen too as well.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:

Wow, she looks gorgeous here!

Old 05-30-2015, 03:58 AM
New Fan

Trust and Providence - Chapter 31

Title: Trust and Providence
Author: Rachel Smith Cobleigh
Fandom: Downton Abbey
Rating: M
Pairing: Mary/Matthew, Sybil/Tom (STEAMM)
Genre: Romance, Hurt/Comfort, Drama
Length: 328,300+ words
Chapters: 31/42

Summary: What if Mary had trusted Matthew with her secret and immediately accepted his first proposal? An alternate universe starting from Series 1 Episode 6. Also Sybil/Tom, and some Edith/Anthony, Anna/Bates, and Cora/Robert. Includes graphic depictions of intimacy, frank discussions of faith and philosophy, strong language, disturbing wartime imagery, racial slurs, and character death (but Mary/Matthew and Sybil/Tom end happily!)

Start at the beginning

Read the latest chapter
Old 05-30-2015, 08:40 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reveilles (View Post)
Title: Trust and Providence
Author: Rachel Smith Cobleigh
Fandom: Downton Abbey
Rating: M
Pairing: Mary/Matthew, Sybil/Tom (STEAMM)
Genre: Romance, Hurt/Comfort, Drama
Length: 328,300+ words
Chapters: 31/42

Summary: What if Mary had trusted Matthew with her secret and immediately accepted his first proposal? An alternate universe starting from Series 1 Episode 6. Also Sybil/Tom, and some Edith/Anthony, Anna/Bates, and Cora/Robert. Includes graphic depictions of intimacy, frank discussions of faith and philosophy, strong language, disturbing wartime imagery, racial slurs, and character death (but Mary/Matthew and Sybil/Tom end happily!)

Start at the beginning

Read the latest chapter
Thanks.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the fic update, reveilles.

Some IG pics from Laura & Joanne:

Old 06-01-2015, 10:42 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the fic update, reveilles.

Some IG pics from Laura & Joanne:
Thanks.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Lindsay, nice pics .
Old 06-01-2015, 10:27 PM
Moderator Manager

And this article with a very interesting pic of Hugh.

Good lord, what a catch! Downton star Hugh Bonneville poses for fish campaign - Celebrity news - News - London Evening Standard

Old 06-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Lindsay, some good tips there.

Downton's won an award.....Downton Abbey and Strictly win at consumer awards - BBC News

I didn't even know about these awards, but good that Downton was the only ITV show to win anything, they must be heavily biased towards the BBC.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:28 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks Lindsay, some good tips there.

Downton's won an award.....Downton Abbey and Strictly win at consumer awards - BBC News

I didn't even know about these awards, but good that Downton was the only ITV show to win anything, they must be heavily biased towards the BBC.
Thanks.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:

Same, I haven't heard of that award but I'm glad the show won something over all those BBC shows.

Quote:
Downton Abbey fans mourning the end of the hit period drama can seek solace in the knowledge that they can meet their favourite characters at an upcoming gala dinner, hosted in partnership with Special Olympics GB.

The exclusive event on 24 June will see cast members including Hugh Bonneville, Jim Carter and Elizabeth McGovern sitting down for a three-course dinner at London's Landmark Hotel prior to a charity auction where prizes include cocktails with Carson, afternoon tea with Lily James and signed scripts. Guests will also be treated to a special cabaret performance by the actors.

The evening is being held to raise money for Special Olympics GB, which aims to transofrm the lives of adults and children with intellectual disabilities through sport therapy.
What To Book: Downton Abbey Gala Dinner | Harper's Bazaar

Old 06-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Same, I haven't heard of that award but I'm glad the show won something over all those BBC shows.

What To Book: Downton Abbey Gala Dinner | Harper's Bazaar
Thanks Lindsay, looking forward to seeing some pics at the event, and maybe some vids of the cabaret, I wonder who'll be performing.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Romance has always been the force that drives the PBS period drama “Downton Abbey.” This season’s most sizzling storyline wasn’t about widowed Mary Crawley’s (Michelle Dockery) secret getaway with a potential new spouse, but the surprisingly lively love lives of her grandmother, Violet (Maggie Smith), and mother-in-law, Isobel (Penelope Wilton).

“I think people have emotional lives until they, on the whole, die or at least get too old to care,” says “Downton” creator and writer Julian Fellowes. “I don’t see why a woman like Isobel Crawley, who has been widowed quite young and is still certainly in late middle age — the idea that it would be not be appropriate to have any love interest is something I just don’t understand. We all know these (older, single) women in our own lives … they’re still capable of a romantic story, they’re still capable of a relationship. To say they’re not is to say everything’s hopeless once you hit 40.”

Perhaps in part because of the influx in quality television and the opportunities that arise from it, recent years have seen a surge of seasoned veteran actors hitting the smallscreen in much meatier roles than usual. “Downton” may be the prime example with Smith’s (en)titled aristocrat famously uttering scene-stealers like “What is a weekend?” (and scoring her two Emmys in the process), but it’s certainly not alone.
‘Downton Abbey,’ ‘The Americans,’ Among Emmy Contenders Upping Age Factor | Variety

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top