Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Awww, thanks carrie. I can say the same for you.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Awww, thanks carrie. I can say the same for you.

[tweet]598758041044033537[/tweet]
and bouquets to you too Lindsay, I'm liking the idea of Robert and Cora leaving all the problems behind at Downton for a trip to the Riviera, thanks for the link.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Glad some of you liked the Coyle interview. He's a good actor.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Moderator Manager

Can you imagine if Robert & Cora left Downton at the series finale and Mary (plus whoever she marries) runs it? I don't see them doing that because Robert will stay at Downton until he dies but that could be pretty out-of-whack for JF to write isn't it?

Old 05-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Extreme Fan

That would be out- of-whack as you say Lindsay, I can't see Robert leaving Downton for good, but obviously Hugh has other ideas for him and Cora.

Nice to see Brendan's been busy, and like his screen wife's bag too. good way to travel.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Moderator Manager

Haha, I like that you refer to Joanne as Brendan's screen wife. Their characters really need a baby for S6.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Haha, I like that you refer to Joanne as Brendan's screen wife. Their characters really need a baby for S6.
That's got to be on the list of must have plot lines for the last series.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes and everyone should get their happy endings even though that may sound cheesy.

I miss them.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes and everyone should get their happy endings even though that may sound cheesy.

I miss them.

[tweet]598793113298153472[/tweet]
Thanks Lindsay, I couldn't help laughing at one of the comments on there.....'and then he felt a tingle,' and we know what that led too.

I'm all for cheesy endings too.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:36 PM
Moderator Manager

Haha. But damn, S2 seem light years away. I remember some people were not happy with that season. And then S3 happened and all of a sudden, S2 didn't seem so bad.

Happy Birthday to Allen Leech!

And Joanne at an event last Sunday.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Extreme Fan

lol, yeah, I know it was supposed to be a dramatic SL when Matthew felt something down there, and proceeded to walk again soon after, but I did find it a little bit funny little did we know there was worse to come for him though.

Joanne looks lovely in that outfit, thanks for the pic Lindsay, and Happy Birthday to Allen, I'm hoping he'll be back for the last series.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
lol, yeah, I know it was supposed to be a dramatic SL when Matthew felt something down there, and proceeded to walk again soon after, but I did find it a little bit funny little did we know there was worse to come for him though.
Now that I look back at it, I may slightly prefer him dying in that accident rather than at war because we won't get M/M reuniting, the marriage & George.

Quiz time (this is easy): Downton Abbey season 6: Can you name these Downton Abbey characters?

Old 05-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Now that I look back at it, I may slightly prefer him dying in that accident rather than at war because we won't get M/M reuniting, the marriage & George.

Quiz time (this is easy): Downton Abbey season 6: Can you name these Downton Abbey characters?
Oops, I didn't get some of those characters names straight away Lindsay, my score was 70%, I need to pay more attention. what was your score, probably better than mine.

That's true about Matthew, at least we got to see them married, and have little George too, although Matthew didn't see much of his son, aww.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:36 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
I hope you'll feel like posting more reveilles, we're a friendly lot, and we won't bite nice to see you enjoying reading the posts and learning more about the show and the cast, it's thanks to Lindsay most of the time, she's a star when it comes to giving us all the info.
Thanks carrie.suze! Yeah, Lindsay is awesome. If I understand the situation correctly, this forum exists mainly because of her efforts! I know you're all a great lot of people. Aside from occasional DA fanfic announcements, I just don't have much news to share or comments to make. Of course I have strong opinions about all sorts of DA-related things, but most of it has been said before and who wants a rehash? Plus, as a busy mom, I prefer to use the limited free time I have to keep up my momentum on finishing Trust and Providence.

I'd be open to occasionally reviewing / debating the merits of various pieces of DA fanfic (the Downton Abbey fanfiction community has the highest level of prose and storytelling quality that I've seen in any fandom I've been a part of during these past 20 years, so if you all haven't explored it, you're missing out on some great writing!)

Thanks so much for the kind invitation! I wish you all the best.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. When you have the time, I hope you can come and post especially once S6 starts. Don't be shy.
Oh, I've never watched DA as it aired. I'm always late to the party: I've only ever binge-watched it on DVD. I won't have anything interesting to say while series 6 is airing, sorry.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top