Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Dead Like Me #2: Because George Has Been Clean For a Month

The Dead Like Me Thread

Welcome to the Dead Like Me thread! Here we discuss all things related to the show Dead Like Me, on Showtime. Please, if you watch the show and/or would like to talk about it, come here! The more the merrier. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Characters

Georgia "George" Lass - Played by Ellen Muth.

Rube - Played by Mandy Patinkin.

Mason - Played by Callum Blue.

Betty - Played by Rebecca Gayheart. (Note: Rebecca Gayheart has left the show, but played a significant part in the first few episodes. Some of us are holding out for her to come back in the future. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

Roxy - Played by Jasmine Guy.

Daisy - Played by Laura Harris.

The Lass Family (Joy, Clancy and Reggie) - Played by Cynthia Stevenson (Joy), Greg Kean (Clancy), and Britt McKillip (Reggie).

Premise of the Show from SHO.com

"Georgia 'George' Lass (ELLEN MUTH) is a young college drop-out who has no job skills and seems unable to take an interest in anything, including her own life. She cultivates an air of cynicism that infuriates her mother, baffles her father, and isolates her younger sister. George is about to get a wake-up call.

With her mother Joy (CYNTHIA STEVENSON) insisting that she get a job, George applies to a temp agency that sends her out as a file clerk. Her lunch break - and her life - are cut short when a toilet seat from the MIR space station drives her into the pavement. George does not realize that she is dead until Rube (MANDY PATINKIN), the kindly leader of a team of grim reapers, points out her remains. Rube takes George under his wing and introduces her to the other members of his undead group: Mason (CALLUM BLUE), Roxy (JASMINE GUY) and Betty (REBECCA GAYHEART).

The members of Rube's team of reapers are all, like George, people who died with unresolved issues. They still have lessons to learn that - for one reason or another - they failed to learn in life. They move about the Pacific Northwest in the full light of day. They walk the city streets and eat at all-night diners, just like anyone else. They have to find somewhere to live, cook, eat and do their laundry. They look just like everyone else but as grim reapers they appear physically different to the living than they did when they were alive.

What George experiences beyond death is the focus of this darkly comedic series. It takes a slightly twisted look at life and at one possible version of life after life. What if death is not the end? What if it is not even an escape from the issues that plagued us? What if it is not a way to avoid accountability, but an opportunity to accept responsibility? What if it is a wake-up call?"

The Dead Like Me Fan List

1.) Superabo
2.) Kawaii_Jay
3.) Loony 4 Lupin
4.) Floegirl
5.) southside
6.) TheIrish
7.) Nab
8.) natalie4237
9.) behrfehr
10.) DeNnls
11.) A_Stormy_Night
12.) mysti
13.) Deee
14.) Josh'sTexasGal
15.) all-other-names-taken
16.) LiL_Starzz
17.) YellowRose
18.) TinySnapdragon
19.) SassySarah

If you would like to be added, tell me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Possible Thread Titles

Dead Like Me #?: "As in, 'Her big brown eyes?'"
Dead Like Me #?: Because It's Not Six Feet Under.

Used Thread Titles

Showtime's Dead Like Me
Dead Like Me #2: Because George Has Been Clean For a Month

Last edited by Superabo; 06-17-2004 at 03:58 PM
Old 08-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread Infernal Doll [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-05-2003, 09:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Ooo new thread. Yay for us.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, made a basic first post. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Tell me if you wanna be added to the fan list!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Infernal Doll for starting the new thread. Add me to the list of fans.

icon by poordeadturtle
Old 08-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

In just 6 episodes this show has turned me into a fanatic. I love it. It could be another obsession like the Buffyverse for me if they let it run its course and renew it.

I loved Daisy, and am probably the only one who did, because I am in love with the actress Laura Harris(24) and I despise Rebecca Gayheart. But that just stems from a Firefly thing.

Can't wait for next week.

Always fun to see what trouble Mason gets into. With Daisy around that makes the potential for him to get smacked greater.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I've stumbled on to this show a couple of times and have greatly enjoyed it. I've seen an episode with Rebecca Gayheart and with the new reeper, Daisy. I think its a unique way in how they still show Georges family life. I think this show is one of the quirkiest ones I've ever seen and one that i truly enjoy.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Could you add me to the list? Thanks!
Old 08-06-2003, 10:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Add me too the fan list too please!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gleebo:
<STRONG>I loved Daisy, and am probably the only one who did, because I am in love with the actress Laura Harris(24) and I despise Rebecca Gayheart. But that just stems from a Firefly thing.

</STRONG>
What do you mean from a "Firefly thing"?
Also, how can one despise someone whom you hardly know? Just curious [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~Ash
Old 08-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Added both of you to the list. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Infernal Doll: Great job starting the new thread. Also, can you add me to the list? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And yes, I am still hoping that Betty comes back. I know that's very unlikely, but I'm still crossing my fingers for at least an answer to her whereabouts. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Please add me to the list.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Please add me to the list. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Who, besides me, can't wait for Friday? I can't wait to see that guy and George,. Plus, what the other reapers think of it.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Great Start! Infernal Doll
could you please add me to the list [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

thanks

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top