Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
but i'm really enjoying roxy and pam's friendship... like a lot... they are my favorite
OMG, i KNOW!! I really like Roxy and Pam's Friendship, and Roxy and Trevors relationship!!
Also I kind of like how Denise and Cluadia Joy are like best friends, and then Pam and Roxy have each other... yet they still ALL get together *like for Roxy's Bday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlaigle
I couldn't stand Jeremy when he hit his mom....but I must admit I actually feel sorry that he got kicked out and all. You can tell he's really sorry...and I actually like the romance blooming between him and Amanda
Yeah, at first I didnt like Jeremey, but then when he started stepping up and trying to be a man, I think he proved himself more and more, from going to Denise's husband and telling him man to man, that was a very brave thing to do.. and like you said, I think he truly is sorry for what he did, as Jermey said he has a problem, and at least he can admit it!....
And I am with ya, I do like this relationship between Jeremy and Amanda... (I think it gives more depth to the characters, AND gives you the other view(from the kids POV) of a situation the Wives are going through)... I just see something real between them!..... Although i feel there relationship came out of NO where.. so it would have been better, i think if they had played or built it up more...

I Really Like the diversity we have in this thread! Like people like different Characters and Different relationships... its great to have so many different views!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlaigle (View Post)
I don't think they're going to focus on Jeremy too much. The core of the show is the wives and how they take care of each other while their husbands are gone. But with putting some focus on Jeremy they bring in a younger audience too. And I do like where it might go with Jeremy...in the last episode
Spoiler:
With all the other wives we see more of a finished product.
Yeah, I acutally dont think they ARE focusing on Jermey to much... but I think with him gone it will get back to the wives...
But I totally agree Jlaigle! I think Jeremey (&the relationship with Amanda) bring in a younger audience, and like you said, I think it DOES bring in the beginning first steps of becoming an Army Wife... So in a way Amanada IS a 'armywife'... and I think it also shows how not ALL men in the army are MARRIED, yet they do have significant others out there waiting for them, so its nice to see that relationship as well!

hunee - aww I LOVE the music, its REALLY great! It inhances the show soo much!

Jennifer - I know!! It seems like it takes forever for Sunday to come around!!

Jlaigle- Yeah I have a feeling it may be a little while before we get our board.. we need to spread the word, and hopefully more people will start watching it! altough it kind of stinks because i dont think other countries get Lifetime, so we ONLY have US viewers which defiantly puts us behind...

I acutally really liked this week, and I have a feeling we wont have too much 'teens' stuff for a while (with Jeremy gone and everything)
Yeah, next week looks crazy with infidelity... which I dont like either... not from the 4 main women (& Roland) im sure ONE of them will go through with it...
I guess they are trying to get the real aspect of what armywives go through with temtation... I just wouldnt want to see our characters go through that.. especially Pam, Denise, Claudia Joy, and Roxy, I just think they are too good to do that....
I dunno, we'll see..

OK I wrote this RIGHT AFTER I watched the last 4 episode.....

I just saw the 5th episode, wow, I definatly was not disappointed! This reminded me of the 1st 2!
So Great, I really LOVE this show! and Chase leaving, then claudia Joy's speach at the end I was bawling when this episode finally faded to black... It has been a while since a show has touched me this much!... this show definatly does that, makes me think about life, and makes me feel certain things... just really touches me...

I just finished watching epp7 , and it had truley been a while since a tv show has made me feel the way that this one does... It truely is a touching, moving show... and the relationship between Trevor and Roxy and Amanda and Jeremey, just makes me realize again, what i DONT HAVE, and what I want more then anything in my life... true love.... its what they have, and what I want.... A show hasnt touched me this way in a LONG time... but seeing them it just brings back all these feelings... and thought.. and something I just cant explain....

I dont know if its a blessing or a curse that I have found this show... that it reminds me of what i DONT have, or that it reminds me of what im waiting for...
Have been waiting for all my life... I dont know.. all I know is this show gets to me the way few others have, and I cant stop crying after I watch it.....
Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

hey Karen, any baby news yet?

I just watched last weeks episode. I felt SO bad for Roxy. Storylines were great! And I admit, I didnt mind Jeremy and Amanda.

I loved the "Im pissed" game. I am glad they are finally giving Denise a backbone and letting her become who she wants to be. Its hard seeing Catherine as a weaker character after all those seasons on JAG.

I do love in an interview when she said her character on JAG outranked her husband on armywives.

I missed the Pam/Roxy stuff. I hope we get more soon!

And I miss Chase! he was a cutie!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Ker- No baby knews YET!!.....
I know POOR ROXY, she ALWAYS has it sooo bad!!
yeah i LOVED Jermey and Amanda in the last epp, they were sooo cute together!

heheh... yeah im TOTALLY going to play the I'm pissed game!! hahaha...
yeah, DEFINATLY nice that denise got some depth to her now....

yeah, Chase is a cutie, i really hope Pam doesnt do anything to betray Chase!!!

I am sooo mad i missed last weeks epp!!... I cant wait to watch it though!!
Old 07-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

i just hope Chase doesnt die.....
Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

army wives got picked up for a second season!

Quote:
'Army Wives,' Highest-Rated Series in Lifetime Television's 23-Year History, Re-Enlists for Second Season

Smash Hit From the Mark Gordon Company and ABC Studios to Return With All New Episodes in Spring 2008

-- Year's #1 New Cable Drama Among W18-49 & W25-54 --

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 12 -- Saluting the highest-rated series in the network's 23-year history, Lifetime has ordered a second season of the smash hit "Army Wives," it was announced today at the TCA Press Tour by Susanne Daniels, President, Entertainment, Lifetime Networks.

Eighteen episodes have been ordered for the new season, which will premiere in the Spring of 2008. "Army Wives" airs Sundays at 10PM (ET/PT).

"Army Wives" currently averages 3.6 million total viewers and a 3.0 primetime household rating, while ranking first among all key women demographics, including 1.4 million W18-49 viewers and 1.4 million W25-54 viewers.

"Even before we shattered records with the premiere on June 3, we saw the battalions of critical acclaim and knew we had a hit," said Daniels. "Everyone up and down the chain of command deserves a medal for making the show such a success, from our amazing partners at ABC Studios and the production teams both in LA and on the ground in South Carolina to my talented colleagues here at Lifetime and, of course, those nearly four million viewers who tune in every week. All of us want to collectively thank Mark, Deb, Katherine, Jeff and the entire gifted cast for their hard work and dedication."

"We're thrilled that 'Army Wives' will continue on Lifetime, where it's broken ratings records and set new standards for quality in cable drama," said Mark Pedowitz, President, ABC Studios. "We're grateful for the support of Lifetime and the State of South Carolina, where the series is produced, and look forward to working with both partners on season two."

The critically acclaimed series, about the struggles, dreams and friendships of a diverse group of women -- and one man -- living with their spouses and families on an active army post and the pressures and traditions of the military on those who are left behind is filmed on location in Charleston, South Carolina and stars Kim Delaney, Sally Pressman, Brigid Brannagh, Brian McNamara, Sterling K. Brown, Wendy Davis, Drew Fuller and Catherine Bell. Mark Gordon and The Mark Gordon Company's President of Production, Deborah Spera serve as executive producers. Jeff Melvoin and series creator Katherine Fugate also serve as executive producer. The series is based on the book Under the Sabers: The Unwritten Code of Army Wives by Tanya Biank, who serves as a consultant. "Army Wives" is produced by ABC Studios.

ABC Studios has emerged as a leader in programming development and production by creating critically acclaimed, quality entertainment to the television industry. The studio's brand identity as a haven for filmmakers for broadcast and cable networks has resulted in an impressive slate of 23 series for the 2007/08 season. ABC Studios is part of Disney-ABC Television Group, a division of The Walt Disney Company.

Lifetime is the leader in women's television and one of the top-rated basic cable television networks. A diverse, multi-media company, Lifetime is committed to offering the highest quality entertainment and information programming, and advocating a wide range of issues affecting women and their families. Lifetime Television, LMN, Lifetime Real Women, Lifetime Home Entertainment and Lifetime Online (Lifetimetv.com) are part of Lifetime Entertainment Services, a 50/50 joint venture of The Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
anyway, last nights ep was good... i didnt care for roland cheating but roxy and pam were great... when she says you have me they are def the best ship on the show lol
Old 07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

WOO HOOOOO

and I agree about Pam and Roxy!
Old 07-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Total Fan

BabyBuncher....you're having a baby? Guess that's where the name can from huh?

Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
New Fan

i love army wives . roxy and pam are my faves, but i love most of the characters
Old 07-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayden-fan868 (View Post)
BabyBuncher....you're having a baby? Guess that's where the name can from huh?
no she isnt having a baby, Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break is....she is due any day
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah! I love this show dearly!
What a shame: What a shame: To judge a life that you can't change: The choir sings: Church bells ring: So won't you give this man his wings: What a shame: To have to beg you to see: We're not all the same: What a shame
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009
Old 07-26-2007, 10:49 PM
SR2
New Fan

i love this show; though i have missed the last couple of eppies. I glad to see a thread.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Jennifer - yeah, like Kerry said... No, im not having a baby... ( I LOVE babys, thats where the sceen name comes from) but SWC is having a baby... lol....

Welcome!! jae404 & SR2 so nice to see new fans!! whats you'lls names?....
Old 07-29-2007, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So there is an "Army Wives" thread. I had wondered if there was one.

I have been a fan of this show since the very beginning. I watch it every Sunday after "The 4400".

I really like this military show because it gives the "war at home" perspective. Something that most people don't get a glace of.

As for my favorite character- that one is hard to choose because they really have a great female cast.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

we got to see chase again. I was surprised, but not that the flowers were from him...just that he was able to come back for two days.

I worried about Julia's life there for a bit. I thought maybe her son got his mean streak from his father.....and then once again i was surprised.

Last edited by Dommie; 08-06-2007 at 08:27 PM Reason: wrong name of one of the wives
Old 07-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Passionate Fan

I like this show also. Love the friendships and as for Jeremy and Amanda look forward to seeing more of them. I agree about Amanda being a "army wife" in the making. Her father is in the army so it makes sense that she would get involved with someone in the army.

Lenore is evil but I guess they need a character for the viewer to hate.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top