Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2015, 07:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Spencer and HC would be like a 5 hour train ride apart. They better have monthly shopping trips. (all of them. SH fashion and SC tech.)
Old 08-21-2015, 05:26 AM
New Fan

Actually, I go to school in DC and New York City is only 4 hours by bus ride so the train is like 2 hours maybe. Haleb and Spencer are pretty close to each other to not be visiting regularly.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yesssss to that. We need to hear they they were meeting up regularly.

Spoiler:

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-21-2015, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

they would alot
Old 08-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It wouldn't be realistic for them not to meet up if they could, imo. The girls are close, and based on where things left off before they went to college, they don't want that to change. Spencer and Caleb would realistically continue their friendship. They should be meeting up.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-22-2015, 05:28 PM
New Fan

They definitely should if the writers actually do their jobs. As far as the other thing, I'm diehard Haleb so I am not reacting well to it. They can't break up all the popular couples and think things will be fine with viewers. Especially since a lot of the fans are upset about the A reveal as far as the plot holes.

I mean it's sad when even the more inconsistent fan theories are better both plot & motivation wise than what the writers who are paid for it come up with. I mean I was cool with CeCe being A - it's just everything else that disappointed me especially Sara being RC and BW & the steoreotypical tropes about transgender people that Charlotte had to take on to make the A reveal make sense i.e deceitful, manipulative not to mention Jason etc.

At this point, in my opinion most people probably watch for the core 4, Alison and their respective ships. I don't know what the writers are thinking.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

i think it was ok
Old 08-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It could have been worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley96 (View Post)
They definitely should if the writers actually do their jobs. As far as the other thing, I'm diehard Haleb so I am not reacting well to it. They can't break up all the popular couples and think things will be fine with viewers. Especially since a lot of the fans are upset about the A reveal as far as the plot holes.

I mean it's sad when even the more inconsistent fan theories are better both plot & motivation wise than what the writers who are paid for it come up with. I mean I was cool with CeCe being A - it's just everything else that disappointed me especially Sara being RC and BW & the steoreotypical tropes about transgender people that Charlotte had to take on to make the A reveal make sense i.e deceitful, manipulative not to mention Jason etc.

At this point, in my opinion most people probably watch for the core 4, Alison and their respective ships. I don't know what the writers are thinking.
I'm not sure they even care at this point. They already have a guaranteed seventh season, and I think they know they're not likely to get an eighth, so there's not as much to consider when it comes to quality. Maintaining the audience isn't as important any more

There were better fan theories The transgender angle wasn't necessary and pretty offensive, no matter how much they try and play it down by saying she's not evil because she's transgender. Sara being BW/RC was a cop out, imo. I really doubt that was ever the plan.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

i think it wasnt
Old 08-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley96 (View Post)
Actually, I go to school in DC and New York City is only 4 hours by bus ride so the train is like 2 hours maybe. Haleb and Spencer are pretty close to each other to not be visiting regularly.
EVEN BETTER! They all must have hung out well enough together!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:48 PM
New Fan

Admittedly, I'm still upset about the reveal. PLL has been pretty good about LGBT representation although I side-eyed Maya and Shana's death so LGBT people of color might be a different issue. Then they do this transgender storyline that has the main villain be transgender. I could be wrong but I don't think we are at the type of place where representation of transgendered people is balanced enough that a transgender person being A wouldn't upset a lot of people. Then recent spoilers about Charlotte are unsettling as well.

I hope that Caleb is going to help Spencer's mom. I could see him setting up a website or even doing flyers. I mean it's small time but I know he would do it for Spencer.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not annoyed by the reveal itself, more by how it was handled. It was kind of offensive and had quite a few plot holes.

That would be perfect. I have to admit that I'm still a little worried that they will put Spencer and Caleb together, and as much as I ship it AU, I would hate it as canon because of the impact it would have on Spencer/Hanna (no, just no). I really hope it is something as simple as them working together. Even if it's not with Veronica's campaign, I'd love if they'd started a business together or something

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

caleb should be with hanna
Old 08-24-2015, 09:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Oh! Would love for Caleb to help run the online portion of Veronica's campaign. That's an awesome thought.

Romance between these two? I love this beautiful friendship. I can't see either of them doing anything more. Especially because of Hanna and Toby.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be awesome if he had a part in the campaign It's something he'd be good at, and it would give him more of a connection to the wider story.

I really wish I could trust them not to go there

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread