Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

{Hackers} Spencer & Caleb #8: "I need to talk about bottling you. ‘Essence of best boyfriend’, we’re gonna make a fortune."

Spencer & Caleb Rivers
8th appreciation thread

[x]

'shippers;
01. Kiss of Death
02. NOLA504
03. acoustichearts
04. Something Special
05. simply be mine
06. chairdelenaradrian
07. LucyGu
08. Comfortably Numb
09. murphyboy11
10. BlondieLeigh
11. - Nina -
12. *Stephie*
13. xlennie
14. five items
15. MaybeLove.
16. K'Vruck
17. Stenz
18. B.Chambers
19. Briiiii
20. {Melody}
21. Ashley96

reasons;

[x]

[x]

p a s t threads;
1 | 2 | 3 |4 | 5 | 6 | 7

f u t u r e titles;

scene of the moment;

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

tftnt
Old 08-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

TFTNT! FANTASTIC title.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's a title that Caleb more than lived up to in tonights episode Still no scenes for these two, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley96 (View Post)
I actually like Mona. I tend to like the characters that hide behind a disguise or are good at manipulation. I don't know why but I do. For example, many think Stefan is boring in TVD but he actually reads people very well and is really good at manipulation. He's my fav character on there then Caroline. Definitely think we should use the "essence of best boyfriend" for the next thread. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode and the reveal of A in another week.

I think the two couples are endgame as well. I can definitely understand your conflict about the time jump. Lol! I want Ezria to be together during the time jump for the reasons you just stated.

I got the car thing. I'm just surprised he didn't tell her/ didn't fully apologize. However, he didn't argue about her needing space which is the great thing about Caleb. He picks his battles and gives her what she needs when she communicates with him like a healthy couple does.

Caleb is a great judge of character and he does not trust/like Alison. I think Sasha is a great actress and I definitely have my moments where I'm like what really goes on in Alison's head. Lol! I completely understand Paige and Toby not liking Alison and I also get why the 4 are so tied to her. For better or worse, she brought them together, was their best friend and worst enemy as Hanna said.

Spencer is pretty on point with pointing things out/helping so that's why I want her and Caleb to still be close in 6B. Hopefully, she can lean on him. I also hate that they couldn't do a Taleb tag team in 4B in regards to Spencer's drug problem. Caleb leaving messed up his characterzation and created storyline holes. Most heartbreaking moments of his leaving - Hanna's confession at the cabin about the break up and the voicemail she left him. A clear cut sign of true love if you feel that way when he has broken up with you.

I love that Spencer automatically accepted him being there in 5x05 and nonchalantly told Hanna that Caleb was with Toby at the hospital. She really does support Haleb and vice versa with Spoby.

Check in tomorrow. Maybe we can talk about episode especially if there is a Spaleb scene. Won't hold my breath tbh though.
Mona's one of my favourites. She's a conflicting character and I love that. Kind of a contrast to Alison in the sense that Mona didn't become who she is until she had been well and truly broken, whereas Alison seems to have always been generally nasty.

This episode kind of flipped the whole couples endgame thing completely. Spencer/Toby and Hanna/Caleb both being solid, Aria and Ezra opting to be at different sides of the planet (). Interesting if this really is the last we see of the LIs for the season.

I think he should have asked her if he could, and explained to her why he wanted to do that. I'm sure Hanna would have understood his need to know where she is, even if she had argued. I kind of wish he had gone to see Spencer when she had asked him for space, tbh.

Sasha's fantastic, and that's one of the things that makes Alison such a great character. It's ridiculous to hate on character for not liking her though, tbh. Most of the town have extremely good reasons for disliking her, Toby and Paige especially.

Caleb leaving literally made no sense, especially as it came so soon after his telling Tom that he could never walk away from Hanna because he loves her. If he had been around, he could have been really useful during 4B. Hanna isn't the only liar that needs him.

Spencer didn't even seem surprised that he had come back, iirc, and I love that I love the way the two couples work together

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-04-2015, 07:48 PM
New Fan

I do wonder what Alison had to deal with from Jessica DiLaurentis though especially from the drunk mom convo.

There are not enough words to express my love for Caleb. No scenes with them tonight but if what we saw about the endgames hold true for the time jump then it'll be interesting. Ezria going to opposite ends of the world, Haleb moving to NY and Spoby together. It's a definite reversal from what I was expecting tonight. I'm curious because now I'm wondering what keeps Spaleb, Taleb and Spanna close. Trips from Spoby to see Haleb in NY would make me really happy.

I wish that Caleb would have gone to Spencer as well. She needed someone to talk to and Caleb is smart enough to know she could give him good advice about Hanna. It could have been great to have a Spaleb scene about why Hanna is pushing him away and then Caleb & Mama Marin talk. Plus I think Spencer could have told Caleb that Hanna is in pain and he's got to find a compromise between his helplessness and Hanna's need for normalcy. Because Hanna is 100% done with A's bs and being tortured.

The whole extreme feelings on complex characters is real. People tend to put blinders on with their favorites especially if the narrative isn't they are a hero.

Really over Ravenswood and kinda glad it didn't do well. Only kinda though because people lost their job when it got cancelled.

Spencer wasn't surprised at all. If you remember, Emily was asking how long Caleb was gonna stay in 5x06 but Spencer didn't even have to wonder because she knows Haleb is meant to be. She also would be the first to be upset if Hanna and Caleb broke up/we're having problems and try to help them work it out (other than Mama Marin) i.e 5x09 and 6x06. I wonder how she felt about Travis.

Caleb & Hanna coming from NY back to Rosewood is going to be fun to watch and I can't wait to see how the relationships mature in the time jump. I also think Spoby will stay in Rosewood.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not convinced that was all that much, tbh

I really don't know what to think, tbh. I was so convinced that Spencer and Toby would be apart after the time jump. Still am expecting it, but now I'm a little more confused.

Maybe if Caleb had gone to see Spencer, he would have managed to work out she was thinking about taking drugs again and helped her through it before she relapsed. She wasn't ready to let Toby in, but there's less pressure with Caleb. She definitely could have helped him with Hanna, too.

I really hate it when they do that, because it's really limiting to their view of the whole show and kind of disrespectful to the character.

I didn't even watch it, tbh Except the stuff Hanna was in.

Spencer has the advantage, imo, of knowing Caleb better than Emily does. Her opinion on Travis would have been great to get. I didn't hate him, he was sweet, I just thought he was pretty pointless.

I'm kind of nervous and excited about this jump.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-04-2015, 08:28 PM
New Fan

I'm nervous and excited as well because it's almost like a do-over. Reminds me of a Greys Anatomy quote about the guy who has to keep pushing the boulder up the hill over and over. It went like "there's nothing easy about starting over." The writers having a clean slate as far as the past five years scares me tbh.

But I'm happy now because Caleb and Hanna presumably together during the entire jump has healthy/realistic connotations written all over it. Five years of living together and making a relationship work where one partner has to be the main support for a while is awesome. Because that takes communication, understanding of boundaries and support of each other's successes. They would truly be high school sweethearts that perhaps go through a rough patch after college but will make it.

I'm not sure about Spoby either. I guess we will see in the finale.

Ravenswood was okay. It would have probably survived if they hadn't brought on Caleb and it not have been an official spin off of PLL. Although the writing was iffy sometimes imo.

It's funny that Caleb took the bullet for Emily but they aren't one of the closest friendships outside the core 4. I always thought it showed how amazing Caleb is that he would a take a bullet for his SO friend - puts taking bullet for actual SO to shame in some ways. Spencer definitely knows Caleb well and the thread title proves how much she respects and admires him. It wouldn't even be a stretch imo if Spencer thinks Haleb is a couple to aspire to. Even in season 2 she was pulling for Caleb like Lucas because of how happy he made Hanna. I even think she was the most surprised about Caleb leaving Hanna in 4x15 for "someone else."

I liked Travis too although the crying scene after he dropped Hanna home had Haleb parallels all over it. In general though, Hanna has gotten the best LI's and Travis would be really great in real life. I just wish they could have been friends because 5x07 dissed Travis but the diss made sense. The timeline said she hadn't even gone a couple weeks with the breakup before she got with Travis so why would she not want Caleb back especially when she found out Miranda was pretty much always dead so no romance/cheating there.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The writers having a clean slate isn't a good thing That's what's so horrible about this waiting. This could either be great are a complete disaster.

I'm not sure they'll be together throughout the jump. It was definitely implied that they will be, and that is definitely what they're planning, but there's no real way of knowing that it will play out that way It kind of worries me that they've kind of ended things pretty solidly for Spencer/Toby and Hanna/Caleb (if that really was the last we see of the LIs in 6A).

Ravenswood just seemed like it had little connection to PLL, so calling it a spin-off was kind of lame.

Caleb would do anything for any of those girls because he knows what losing one of them would do to Hanna. I think with Spencer it goes so much further than that, though, she's his best friend.

It's a shame that Travis was brought in for Hanna, really, and not Alison, because Hanna was never going to be over Caleb, but he was a really decent guy, and they're rare in Rosewood.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-05-2015, 03:43 PM
New Fan

I agree with you. I was going to be so sad if Haleb broke up in 6A but now I'm thinking of ways they can be broken up when 6B comes on. Mainly, it's stuff like living together is hard, one partner bringing in the money can be difficult or even just the normal college is a place where you find you want different things trope/ kinda truth.

So we don't know that Spoby or Haleb will be together at the start of 6B. Although I do think Haleb will be solid - I have this theory that they typically are the safest because relatively healthy is boring in the writer's eyes. Lol Ravenswood disrupts that but that was about money. Plus they had Travis who was a lot like Caleb tbh to smooth some Haleb fans feathers.

Also I've read today - IMK has kinda made the best boyfriend in a OTP way for a lot of viewers. Enough that their real SO's hate Caleb and/or now some are like unrealistic expectations since 2012. I know I would love a Caleb to pay for my tuition.

Spoby is a little more uncertain for me and I read something that makes me wonder. So I just don't know.

Caleb would definitely do anything for Hanna/her loved ones as long as it didn't hurt her. I agree that Spencer is different because he views her as his own loved one in addition to one of Hanna's best friend unlike Aria and Emily. I mean he calls her Spence, confides in her about murder charges, needs her to lean on while Hanna is in jail and the sass he gave her when they first met (rich girls steal... Dumb girls try to be all of the above) compared to now (the thesaurus dialogue) is twinged with understanding and genuine affection. Plus, their super sleuthing is literally vital to the plot and gives me so many feels. In fact, I saw a post that said Caleb added nothing to the plot/mystery solving and it made me laugh just like some implying Travis would have found the girls sooner. It's like have you not seen Spaleb, Haleb and Sphaleb super sleuthing like bosses.

Travis and Alison would have been interesting but I just don't think Travis could have handled her craziness or even A craziness in general. Not enough free time and very much about his future/studies. I do think he's loyal but he seems the type who wouldn't be able to handle the girl's ambiguity. He seemed pretty upset sometimes that Hanna had a lot going on so Idk how it would have worked in the long run if Caleb didn't come back.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

travis is ok
Old 08-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new one

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 08-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briiiii (View Post)
travis is ok
Travis was inoffensive

Quote:
I agree with you. I was going to be so sad if Haleb broke up in 6A but now I'm thinking of ways they can be broken up when 6B comes on. Mainly, it's stuff like living together is hard, one partner bringing in the money can be difficult or even just the normal college is a place where you find you want different things trope/ kinda truth.

So we don't know that Spoby or Haleb will be together at the start of 6B. Although I do think Haleb will be solid - I have this theory that they typically are the safest because relatively healthy is boring in the writer's eyes. Lol Ravenswood disrupts that but that was about money. Plus they had Travis who was a lot like Caleb tbh to smooth some Haleb fans feathers.

Also I've read today - IMK has kinda made the best boyfriend in a OTP way for a lot of viewers. Enough that their real SO's hate Caleb and/or now some are like unrealistic expectations since 2012. I know I would love a Caleb to pay for my tuition.

Spoby is a little more uncertain for me and I read something that makes me wonder. So I just don't know.

Caleb would definitely do anything for Hanna/her loved ones as long as it didn't hurt her. I agree that Spencer is different because he views her as his own loved one in addition to one of Hanna's best friend unlike Aria and Emily. I mean he calls her Spence, confides in her about murder charges, needs her to lean on while Hanna is in jail and the sass he gave her when they first met (rich girls steal... Dumb girls try to be all of the above) compared to now (the thesaurus dialogue) is twinged with understanding and genuine affection. Plus, their super sleuthing is literally vital to the plot and gives me so many feels. In fact, I saw a post that said Caleb added nothing to the plot/mystery solving and it made me laugh just like some implying Travis would have found the girls sooner. It's like have you not seen Spaleb, Haleb and Sphaleb super sleuthing like bosses.

Travis and Alison would have been interesting but I just don't think Travis could have handled her craziness or even A craziness in general. Not enough free time and very much about his future/studies. I do think he's loyal but he seems the type who wouldn't be able to handle the girl's ambiguity. He seemed pretty upset sometimes that Hanna had a lot going on so Idk how it would have worked in the long run if Caleb didn't come back.
Based on today, there's a good chance that one of the two (Spencer & Toby or Hanna & Caleb) at least is still together -

Spoiler:

I think Hanna and Caleb are more likely to still be together. Hanna's more of the type to marry young, imo, and Caleb made a huge commitment already in the last episode. I just hope that if they are together (or if Spencer and Toby are) then they won't be torn apart.

Tbh, I don't think Caleb is an unrealistic expectation. He's not perfect, he's flawed, but when he loves he really loves

I love the way Spencer and Caleb's friendship has developed, and I will really hate it if something destroys that at any point. It works so well and they both need each other so much without even realising it. The friendship being relevant to the main plot is a bonus, because it's done wonders for their character development.

I'm not sure anyone can handle her craziness I guess they would have made it work had Caleb not returned

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-06-2015, 02:29 PM
New Fan

What makes you think Hanna is the type to marry young? I don't disagree but I've enjoyed our conversations and would like to know your opinion. I know Caleb is definitely a commitment type of guy in spite of and because of his growing up. Plus Hanna is his family and has given him a family.

Travis was very much a realistic high school guy which was cool. I'm glad Ezria will be seeing other people. I just don't ship them. Caleb is unrealistic in a lot of ways if you think about their ages imo but he is realistic for a lot of people in the world. I wonder if they are going to Leyton Spoby - only mentioning them since I already kinda spoiled it for you. So like they will have broken up during the time jump. There might be a really good arc if that's the case.

The friendship between Spaleb will be intact in 6B - a reliable source has closely enough proven that to be true.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

that is good
Old 08-06-2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll take whatever of this friendship I can get.

Quote:
What makes you think Hanna is the type to marry young? I don't disagree but I've enjoyed our conversations and would like to know your opinion. I know Caleb is definitely a commitment type of guy in spite of and because of his growing up. Plus Hanna is his family and has given him a family.

Travis was very much a realistic high school guy which was cool. I'm glad Ezria will be seeing other people. I just don't ship them. Caleb is unrealistic in a lot of ways if you think about their ages imo but he is realistic for a lot of people in the world. I wonder if they are going to Leyton Spoby - only mentioning them since I already kinda spoiled it for you. So like they will have broken up during the time jump. There might be a really good arc if that's the case.

The friendship between Spaleb will be intact in 6B - a reliable source has closely enough proven that to be true.
I'm enjoying our conversations too

With Hanna, she just seems more of a romantic than the others, especially when it comes to Caleb. She's more open to relying on Caleb than Spencer is, and she hasn't been given any reason so far to think that she and Caleb need to be apart. Plus Caleb gives her back the security that Tom robbed her of when he walked out and chose Kate over her. He's the opposite of her dad and I'm sure that appeals to her - she'd see him as trustworthy as opposed to her dad's untrustworthy.

Travis was important for Hanna in terms of solidifying that it was always going to be Caleb, imo He was a failed attempt to move on. I don't like Ezria either. Tbh, I'd much prefer they didn't get back together at all. Caleb at his age is unrealistic, but as a person, I don't think he is. I think the chances are Spencer and Toby have broken up. I'm hoping that will give them a great arc, but tbh, I don't trust these writers at all.

That's good news You have a source?

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread