Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That song has been videoed to death
Old 12-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

There's never a dull moment reading through these pages.

I love the "Castaway" comparisons because it was my first thought in the island scenes where all he did was stare at Laurel's picture. IMO it wasn't necessarily the "undying love" for Laurel that got him through the island, it was the desire to make things right for his father's sake and because of the guilt over Sara's death. Laurel represented all the pain he carried about Sara. Honestly, I wanted to like O/L, but I just couldn't. Laurel fell for him when he was a shallow and selfish boy. He cheated on her in the most embarrassing and despicable way. How can you root for a couple that has that kind of history?

Oliver went through his crucible and came out the other end a drastically changed man. Even though he has a lot of psychological issues he has grown into a caring son and a protective and loving brother. I bring all of this up because if he hadn't evolved into this man I wouldn't want him to have anything to do with Felicity.
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa
Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

If he was still pre-island Oliver, I wouldn't want him with Felicity either.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

New! Arrow: Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Olicity) vid: The Legendary Looks Between Oliver & Felicity by Smoaking Arrow
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-30,NJH D-130 OSW D-156, J-Hope D-157, Jinyoung-D-178 JK-D-395

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-8 LDH D-366
Old 12-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Good video
Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

New! Arrow: Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Olicity) vid: Then There’s You by Gtgrandom
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-30,NJH D-130 OSW D-156, J-Hope D-157, Jinyoung-D-178 JK-D-395

Old 12-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Thanks for the vid
Old 12-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome Kate! .

New! Arrow: Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Olicity) vid by Angela B.

This is Angela’s first fanvid for Olicity, so be sure to check it out and leave it some love!

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 12-23-2013 at 11:41 PM
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueegyBeckinheim (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread!

There's never a dull moment reading through these pages.

I love the "Castaway" comparisons because it was my first thought in the island scenes where all he did was stare at Laurel's picture. IMO it wasn't necessarily the "undying love" for Laurel that got him through the island, it was the desire to make things right for his father's sake and because of the guilt over Sara's death. Laurel represented all the pain he carried about Sara. Honestly, I wanted to like O/L, but I just couldn't. Laurel fell for him when he was a shallow and selfish boy. He cheated on her in the most embarrassing and despicable way. How can you root for a couple that has that kind of history?

Oliver went through his crucible and came out the other end a drastically changed man. Even though he has a lot of psychological issues he has grown into a caring son and a protective and loving brother. I bring all of this up because if he hadn't evolved into this man I wouldn't want him to have anything to do with Felicity.
Amen sister. This is the thing...he is wholly different from what he once was. He was never in love with Laurel. A man in love doesn't cheat with your sister even if he says he's afraid of commitment. Then to add insult to injury go away with her. Come on now. Sara is just as bad.

This is why I cannot see Sara and Oliver together. There is just no way. They started off unhealthy, the progressed in an unhealthy way and stayed connected through an unhealthy situation. Those guys are just a death knell to one another and those around them. Ugh. And anything that comes within their vicinity doesn't seem to make it out unscathed.

Then we have Laurel again. He has too many unresolved issues there. I have to say that despite the fact that Oliver has evolved over all as a man and grown up. I find him still emotionally stunted. He wanted to be Prince Charming for Huntress. With Laurel he never knew what he was. I know she was in love with him but he wasn't with her and then go ends up on an island but then is longing for her as she's in a relationship with his best friend. Ugh...Then we have Laurel kissing Oliver as she says "I love you." to Tommy. Come on man. Cheaters hooking up. It's just all unhealthy.

I need to see that he is growing up emotionally and I have to say with Felicity I see an inkling of that. She is making him less oblivious to things. I only see him more adult emotionally with her. He's been brought to tears with her on the line. She's heard him crying and seen him close to tears. No one else has...except Dig--he's seen it once.

I just think she's the one to help him heal and is his perfect fit. She's not changing him but making him see his worth as he is. That's why she said to him that she thinks he deserves better. She sees a hero and she's working to making him see that. I hope she can help him recognize that this is love and whatever Laurel is...is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
If he was still pre-island Oliver, I wouldn't want him with Felicity either.
Question is...would he even have seen her?! I sincerely doubt that pre-Island Oliver would have given a be-speckled red head/brunette a glance. Just sayin' ....he did after all have Laurel...gorgeous Laurel.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

New! Arrow video: The Journey of Felicity Smoak by TheMse09

Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
jRRDQHBZ9Ng

New! Arrow: Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Olicity) vid: The Legendary Looks Between Oliver & Felicity by Smoaking Arrow
And it is this video that is the perfect example of why I make the many comparisons between EBR/SA and DD/GA ---Felicity/Oliver and Mulder/Scully. Go figure...Mulder is Jewish too, and a bonafide genius like Felicity is.

See that!!!! They are just meant to be.

Basically I just notice the energy between the two on screen and it just reminds me of when I used to watch X-Files and the feelings that would arise just watching Mulder and Scully's interaction. There was definitely a nurturing bond, a strong friendship bond, but you were there with them as the those two bonds merged and became the romance that was their relationship.

I see that reflected here and I hope the writers see that as well because I hope they truly grab what they have and run with it. Christ Carter was notorious for throwing one smidgeon there for the shippers and keep us going; but never too much. That kind of chemistry is not common and it deserves to be protected.

Thanks for the vid BSBF.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome vaberella! .

New! Multi-Ship Video including Arrow’s Oliver Queen & Felicity Smoak (Olicity) - All I Want For Christmas by So974

EDIT:

I am going to bed now, Talk to you all later! .

Goodnight everyone! .

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 12-23-2013 at 11:41 PM
Old 12-24-2013, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaberella (View Post)
And it is this video that is the perfect example of why I make the many comparisons between EBR/SA and DD/GA ---Felicity/Oliver and Mulder/Scully. Go figure...Mulder is Jewish too, and a bonafide genius like Felicity is.

See that!!!! They are just meant to be.

Basically I just notice the energy between the two on screen and it just reminds me of when I used to watch X-Files and the feelings that would arise just watching Mulder and Scully's interaction. There was definitely a nurturing bond, a strong friendship bond, but you were there with them as the those two bonds merged and became the romance that was their relationship.

I see that reflected here and I hope the writers see that as well because I hope they truly grab what they have and run with it. Christ Carter was notorious for throwing one smidgeon there for the shippers and keep us going; but never too much. That kind of chemistry is not common and it deserves to be protected.

Thanks for the vid BSBF.
^^This^^ I loved X-Files and M/S I can really see this—mic video. Someone should send it to the show with a nudge

I agree SqueegyBeckinheim, I would not want unchanged "Ollie" anywhere near Felicity
Old 12-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 12-24-2013, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

OLICITY Pics - Everything Has Changed (season 1 and 2)

Closed Thread   Post New Thread