Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry I was talking about issue #24 of the Green Arrow 52 Title. It's really good. I'll try to find scans of Diggle's cameo.

Here's a link for Diggle in the GA comic.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=48244

Last edited by DarkStar; 10-03-2013 at 02:17 PM
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
ah yes Aw Laurel.. we all hope you'll wear them again soon
I so want to see that
Old 10-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Officially naming this the Comic thread

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome thanks!

I saw the complete graphic novel at B&N. Sadly I didn't get it but it's so going on my list
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-27-2013, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Which Graphic Novel? The Kill Machine?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still have the imagination there are at least 5 different comics or stuff you all are talking about.. I don't look through....

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Since I have to post this here, I will! Were getting our BOP team assembled and they need to bring back the Huntress to complete it. Do you think Moira is going to become Oracle? We have a faint theory now that Black Canary is Sara Lance. If so; could her mother also be BC? Will Laurel eventually also becoming a BC? If Thea becomes the Speedy she's destined to be; then she'll also be part of this group cause I think some comics have her in the group.

Other members we have yet to see include Lady Blackhawk, Big Barda, Black Alice, Blue Beetle, Cassandra Cain, Creote, Dove, Hawk, Gypsy, Hawkgirl; and many others.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Pretty sure that if they do BoP in S2, they'll use Felicity as an Oracle stand-in. I doubt they'd go beyond those 3 characters (Canary, Huntress, Felicity/Oracle), it would be too much to introduce a brand new character. Maybe they'd incorporate Sin but not sure how. I doubt DC would let them use Barbara Gordon or any version of Batgirl.

As far as Thea goes, the show is currently developing Roy into Speedy/Red Arrow/Aresenal, there's been no indication that Thea will become Speedy any time soon (if at all).

There's no way (IMO) Moira could become Oracle she's shown no technological prowess. There's also (IMO) no way that Dinah (mom) could be a version of Black Canary. I flove Alex Kingston but the character on screen wasn't very strong. Pity if they wrote Dinah like River Song I could totally buy her as a retired Black Canary.

As far as Laurel goes, I really hope not. This Black Canary is awesome and has ties to Sin and Ra's Al Ghul...how does Laurel replace someone who has been trained by The League of Assassins?

BTW - Having read up on the importance of The Clock Tower to BoP I think it's really cool that they (accidentally) made BC's hideout a Clock Tower...talk about a happy accident.

BTW2 -Stryx in the 52 BoP is a really awesome/interesting character, I'd love to see her on screen but I have no idea how they'd bring a Talon into a show primarily set in a realistic universe.

Last edited by DarkStar; 10-28-2013 at 03:05 PM
Old 10-29-2013, 06:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
As far as Laurel goes, I really hope not. This Black Canary is awesome and has ties to Sin and Ra's Al Ghul...how does Laurel replace someone who has been trained by The League of Assassins?
The Black canary as she is most popularly known in comics and to fans does not kill people, thats kind of a huntresss thing. This Black Canary is also a lot too Oliver/Hood/Arrow in her origins and methods of action, I dont see many BC fans being too happy about that long term, having the only BC in the show be a copy of Green Arrow instead of having her own unique origin and journey. And they have that chance of a unique journey with Laurel, who also has the same morality as the comic Black Canary.

And after all it would be a waste if Laurel never became Black Canary after all that season 1 foreshadowing. imo.

I dont really want a BOP in this show except for the occasional episode or so, this is a Green Arrow show not Birds of Prey or Batman, what I really want to see is is the development and evolution of Team Arrow/Arrow family.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Are you a comicbook reader? If so would you quit the show if Black Canary had a great story and character arc simply because she's different from the comics? Oliver is written much darker and more willing to kill than comic Oliver and yet people are still invested in his journey. And yes, I know Oliver has killed in the comics but that wasn't his norm, and it took it's toll.

Quote:
And after all it would be a waste if Laurel never became Black Canary after all that season 1 foreshadowing. imo.
They actually foreshadowed someone else being BC as well in S1. And if we're looking for symbols (although I have no idea how much importance this show actually places on symbols)...Laurel's biggest connection (CNRI) was destroyed at the end of S1 , it was highlighted in the season 2 premiere.

I have no idea what the show is going to do, but I would rather they stick with this Canary then waste an awesome character set up. I especially hate the idea that they brought this character on, and gave her this important place in the show's universe and character interaction only to kill her off.

Last edited by DarkStar; 10-30-2013 at 07:41 AM
Old 11-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

After seeing last night's episode and what the first told Sara after the battle! I have a theory. What if Dinah is the original Black Canary and she had a relationship with Ra's al Ghul during her time with the assassins; before she met Quintin, and she was pregnant and she told him the baby was his? Or worst; she had an affair with him and left the group and told Quintin the baby was his? Either way, this would really be grueling if its true. Also; I think this would also make the way for Black Canaries in the family
Old 11-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

But that would make Laurel Ra's al Ghul's daughter...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

^Your right! Then what about my affair theory after Laurel was born? I never thought Laurel; just Sara; thanks for reminding me
Old 11-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The producers have now said they foreshadowed Sara being alive and being the Black Canary.

Sara had the pet Canary, not Laurel. They even mentioned it again in the last episode. So Sara would think to take that name. So all Laurel would be is the copy cat of her sister.

The Black Canarys origin story has just changed like every other hero when a new writer takes over. I happen to really like the change it makes her a much more formidable hero and have a better enemy to fight against.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread