Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

For the scene when Hamilton tells Jake he's a Swiss vault, I think of "Diary" by Alicia Keys. It not only represents that Hamilton will keep her secrets, I think it also expresses his commitment to protecting her.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:07 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

How about...the shower scene?

I remember one scene from NB-Playing Games, when they were talking about 'the power'...and the music shifts from the different lines of 'I've Got the Power' as j&h 'talk'. (would've loved to see that one.. )
Old 01-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki
I remember one scene from NB-Playing Games, when they were talking about 'the power'...and the music shifts from the different lines of 'I've Got the Power' as j&h 'talk'. (would've loved to see that one.. )
Oh, that was fun!
Old 01-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
Oh, that was fun!
Hmm... I was thinking in the J/H goodbye scene and "If you leave" by Nada Surf would work quite well there. It was used in The O.C. at Seth/Anna farewell and it fited perfectly there too.

I touch you once
I touch you twice
I won't let go at any price
I need you now
like a needed you then...

Old 04-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talliann
I agree with you.

Chacha please please please, you think you could share those J/H videos with us?
Of course I can, I'll try to send you some of the ones I've made till now. I just make them with the songs that inspired me and then burn them on CD.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

thank you!

By the way, I've read your YA fics in ff and are awesome! I left you reviews there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahammer33
Of course I can, I'll try to send you some of the ones I've made till now. I just make them with the songs that inspired me and then burn them on CD.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talliann

By the way, I've read your YA fics in ff and are awesome! I left you reviews there
Thank you!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh, what a good thread title. I think the Blur song for the threesome date is hilarious. I truly love that song.

I'm sooo tired now, and I'm trying to think of a suitable song for the shower scene as was requested.

Blank.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh I was listening to music and posting and the idea for this thread popped into my head, insane that it hasnt been posted in for 5 years

Anybody have any songs that make them feel about YA, any particular quotes they wanna share?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

I had completely forgotten about this thread

Hmmm, songs that remind me of YA..... the first one that comes to mind is You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol Nicole put it on a YA-ish fanmix a while ago and it's sort of the one that stuck

oh, and as we discussed on another thread, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls.

I'll try to think of more. How about everyone else?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Love divine, all loves excelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Anybody have any songs that make them feel about YA, any particular quotes they wanna share?
Well, having been raised Christian, the "Frog Prince" Jake-Hamilton kiss scene in episode 4, plainly the dramatic climax of Young Americans, never fails to remind me of this hymn, the lyrics to which were written by Charles Wesley in 1747:
Love Divine, all loves excelling
Love divine, all loves excelling,
Joy of heaven to earth come down;
Fix in us thy humble dwelling;
All thy faithful mercies crown!
Jesus, Thou art all compassion,
Pure unbounded love Thou art;
Visit us with Thy salvation;
Enter every trembling heart.
I'm not so much into the Jesus-specific stuff -- never was. But Orpheus has, since antiquity, been recognized as a precursor or archetype of Jesus, and the Princess Who Kisses the Frog is more or less the same thing -- we're the frog. We're Eurydice.

And we're Jake Pratt.

But fair warning: If I ever make a YA music video, the audio of which is not alluded to by YA, it will almost surely be set to religious music.