Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Kate Moennig - You're looking very Jake today.

Continue posting!

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 01-28-2009 at 06:29 AM
Old 01-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Anja

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Loyal Fan

!!!

I've contributed to the OP. I'm so honoured
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I was saying in the other thread that if Kate gets a role as an antagonist terminator on Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles, she would look smashing in a tight leather suit, shooting guns indiscriminately.

Someone please put Kate's Shane head on the Matrix's Trinity please. She'd really look b-tchin' like an animé heroine.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Teri asked in the previous thread how I would like Shenny to happen. So here goes. I would've liked it if, after finding Nicki and Shane together, Jenny came to the conclusion that this was karma coming back to just screw her over good one last time. That, after all the hurtful things she's done to the others in the group, that she was getting what she deserved. I wanted her to figure out that, yes, even though she was dealt some strange hands that she had no right to poop all over everyone when she finally got into a position of power. I think she was her own downfall and I wanted her to slowly redeem herself. I wanted Nice Quirky Jenny back. And for her to, in her own strange Jenny way makes amends with the others slowly. Except for Shane, who she's still upset with.

Even though I think Jenny deserved to be kicked off her mantle, she totally has every right to be angry with Shane. So maybe after Jenny has sort of bridged the gaps with all the other women, Shane comes around to ask 'Why haven't you tried talking to me, fixing things with me?' And Jenny goes all dramatic and says something like ''Because you're the only friend I have that I'm in love with. That's why I can't face you''.

I think it'd be easier for Jenny to work things out with the others, but dealing with her feelings for Shane, realizing that she's ''just another stupid girl''...something else entirely. She'd do her best to avoid Shane for awhile.

I don't like how she's basically treating Shane like a dog in the actual series though. Especially after they get together and she forced Shane to go through her clothes and toss out items that remind Shane of her ex's.

I just think Jenny should've been handled differently. The show started with her arrival, and I get that it's fitting that it end with her death, but on the other hand I think....having her die, it's basically like saying ''Look, see, Jenny was a innocent and pure until she got mixed up with them there Crazy Lesbians who drove her to her own death''. That seems pretty negative, and what does that say? I think the show would be more memorable, more powerful if by the end of this thing Jenny got both of her feet back on the ground and was wiser for the journey.

But I get that the show is trying to go for tragic, I guess I just feel like everything is heavy-handed now.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoilers ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
Especially after they get together and she forced Shane to go through her clothes and toss out items that remind Shane of her ex's.
Actually, Jenny starts the project for her own wardrobe and enlists Shane to help her. She throws away a pair of shoes that remind her of Tim (TIM!) but when Shane picks out a scarf to get rid of, Jenny refuses to because it reminds her of Marina. In Shane's closet, they get rid of stuff from the Cherie Era and the Paige Days with minimal fuss, but Shane wants to keep some T-shirts from when Carmen was around (which I sort of understand, cause depite being tainted by Carmen, they're nice shirts ) So I don't know if Jenny is actually being too clingy or if there's just a genuine communication breakdown between them.

I understand your frustration with the way Jenny has developped (or regressed, rather) Unfortunately, it seems as though IC is doing the opposite of what you want. Instead of rebuilding bridges with her friends, Jenny actually manages to piss off every character in one way or another, making everyone a suspect for her murder. She steals Alice's treatment, confronts Bette because she thinks she's cheating on Tina with Jessie Spano, inadvertantly insults Max by throwing him a baby shower, and so on and so forth.

My main problem with S6 Shenny is actually with Shane, not Jenny. Because for one thing, can you really blame Jenny for being slightly paranoid when it comes to Shane's commitment? She's lived with her for like 4 years. She knows Shane's not exactly arelationship pro. She's never been judgmental of Shane's past treatment of women but it has to be different when you're the one Shane's with. People were making a big deal because Jenny asks Shane not to hang out with Nikki. Really? I find that pretty damn reasonable. Even if Shane & Jenny stayed just friends, I would understand why the thought of Shane & Nikki spending time together would wig Jenny out.

So Jenny already has all of this emotional baggage to deal with (falling in love with her best friend, knowing her girlfriend has a spotty past when it comes to fidelity, slowly starting to realize that maybe Shane doesn't love her the same and/or as much as she does, etc.) and Shane just doesn't do a thing to make it easier on her. She kind of just treats her like a ticking time bomb. Shane just appeases Jenny when she vocalizes her worries and then rolls her eyes the second she leaves. Either man up and break it off before it gets more serious or maybe listen to what Jenny is saying and realize that this is how normal relationships work. And apparently Shane is going to cheat with Nikki. So that just kind of validates Jenny insanity right there.

It's sort of fascinating, in an irritating way. Jenny goes through a transformation every single season, getting written differently and progressively more antagonistic, while it feels as though Shane hasn't really grown an iota since Season 1. And I'm saying this as a big fan of both characters.

[/rant]
Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I dunno, for some reason I side with Shane on the fight at the club.

I doubt anyone will be satisfied with the last episode.

Btw, what did you think of Jessie Spano in ep2? Girlfriend needs to calm down with the tanning.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
Yeah, I dunno, for some reason I side with Shane on the fight at the club.
So the lines have been drawn, eh? Team Jenny wishes you good luck.

BTW, I still love love love Shane. I swear.

And yeah, Spano looked pretty weird. Bette didn't look too good either.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon_collie (View Post)
!!!

I've contributed to the OP. I'm so honoured
Hee, it just fit the thread title too well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovea (View Post)
Someone please put Kate's Shane head on the Matrix's Trinity please. She'd really look b-tchin' like an animé heroine.

(from Nicky's The YA Revolutions, which is worth a read!!)
Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

sorry to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know where I can watch the most recent eppy?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just as I suspected, Kate M. looks great clad in tight leather. She'd make a good anime character.

Thanks for the pic.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
sorry to sound like a broken record, but does anyone know where I can watch the most recent eppy?
I PMed you
Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I've just realized that IMDB is streaming the first episode of TLW S6. I'm wondering if they might add new episodes as well, a few days after they air. Hmm.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

that would be helpful!

Thank you Teri!

I saw the episode finally! Loved it. I didnt feel like Jenny/Shane were rushed, but I think they should have had a bit more screentime.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Loyal Fan

A pic of Kate by Cassie Pappas from the last day on set:

And the rest are here.