Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I wonder if she had any YA flashbacks when they filmed this?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

She probably thought "omg, not again! can't we just use the footage from YA? and where's Ian, anyway?"
Old 11-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasadie (View Post)
And I always thought the little boy who played Shay totally looked like he could be a Jahammer baby. I mean he looks like Jake but with blue eyes like Ham..perfect. That is just where my mind goes I guess...
Since you mentionned it Ava, here's a pic of Aidan Jarrar, aka Shay, aka The Jahammer Baby

Old 11-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
While we're on the topic of mysterios pictures of Kate/Ian, shall we remember how they were "rehearsing" in this one?:
hee ... looks like they're both really enjoying that "rehearsal".
Old 11-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melon_collie (View Post)
Since you mentionned it Ava, here's a pic of Aidan Jarrar, aka Shay, aka The Jahammer Baby

OMG Teri you are the best! But I mean come on, you guys see it too right? Even just a little? He is totally the Jahammer baby!! Or maybe I have just flown over the edge of JaHammer obsession.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I see it, don't worry It's so sad that Shay didn't last the whole season. I really liked his storyline with Shane.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I see it, don't worry It's so sad that Shay didn't last the whole season. I really liked his storyline with Shane.
Me too. It was my favorite storyline for Shane. I thought it really brought out a whole different side of her that was really refreshing to see.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow that does look like a Jahammer baby

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Passionate Fan

He does look like a little Ian. Cute.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Loyal Fan

As much as I agree that Aidan is the Jahammer baby, I must admit I don't know if I can see the couple actually having a kid in the future. Jake would probably be too convinced that she'd be a terrible mother to even bother trying. Although I do see Hamilton pushing for it.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
As much as I agree that Aidan is the Jahammer baby, I must admit I don't know if I can see the couple actually having a kid in the future. Jake would probably be too convinced that she'd be a terrible mother to even bother trying. Although I do see Hamilton pushing for it.
Yea I can totally see Jake not wanting kids because she thinks she would be a bad mother, but I think Hamilton would talk her into it, he seems like the type that would want a family. And maybe Jake would be like Shane was with Shay (aka the Jahammer baby ) changed by the experience of having a child and realize she really loved being a parent, and that she was in fact good at it.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I loved how Shane slowly got the hang of things. Like the scene where she begged the principal to let Shay go to school there, or the PTA meeting where she saw the drawing he made of the two of them.

But I think my favorite scene, hands down, was when Jenny was fuming and cursing about Stacey Merkin, and Shane had to keep covering her mouth so Shay wouldn't hear the swearing. The three of them just looked like the most adorable, dysfunctional little family during that whole scene.

ETA: Found the scene

In my mind, I see Jake being the one who speaks inappropriately and Hamilton trying to keep everything respectful in front of the kid

Last edited by melon_collie; 12-02-2008 at 09:47 AM
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I think when it comes to fanfiction, Jake and Ham and the entire YA gang will be...forever young in a way. There have been future fics with the group slightly older, college age to mid-20's, I think that's as far as I can ever imagine them being, age-wise. So grown up Jake and Ham with kids and all...is something I can't ever really picture
Old 12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
I think when it comes to fanfiction, Jake and Ham and the entire YA gang will be...forever young in a way. There have been future fics with the group slightly older, college age to mid-20's, I think that's as far as I can ever imagine them being, age-wise. So grown up Jake and Ham with kids and all...is something I can't ever really picture
I can definitely see them in their 20s. It's just when they start hitting their 30s that my interest starts waning. I know this comes off as total ageism, but then again the whole concept of the show was based on their coming-of-age experiences. But yeah, I love "college years" Jahammer because it's the same relationship, just with many more oppurtunities for drama and a hell of a lot less innocent.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

It is weird to picture them anywhere past their twenties. I guess Jahammer will just have to be forever young. Although I think Kate and Ian are both in their thirties now and they both still look great and seem so young still, so maybe Jahmmer can turn 30 then stop aging.

I agree with you though Teri, I love the college years. They are just adult enough that we don't get so much of the teen innocences, but still young enough that they are still figuring things out and being the Jake and Ham way we all know and love.