Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the reminder about that Napier guy Either way it looks like things will get interesting

I kinda like her dress actually. I think she can wear anything because she's so beautiful and she 'owns' each she's wearing. I love the 1920's style but I have to admit it's great to see her in 2013 style
Old 10-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Banned

Indeed she's always beautiful with 1920's or 2013's style.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Elite Fan

okay so... as the saying goes sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for

What I mean is that when Mary was all gloomy and in morning for Mathew I really felt for her and wanted her to sort of bounce back to her old self but after watching her in ep 6 (I hope it's okay to discuss it since the ep had already been aired... ) I noticed she was acting all snarky and sarcastic with that guy who arrived to DA with Napier and it got me thinking that maybe she's being too much like her old self I mean I know she's a very opinionated young lady esp since she wants to be more involved in running the estate but way back in S2 and even in S3 she treated Mathew this way for quite a while and later on regretted it when Mathew got engaged (wait... I think he even married?.. ) the other girl.

Either way it was a very eventful ep for our Lady Mary.

(btw- I wish she spent more time with baby George )
Old 10-28-2013, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah, I get what you mean. She's acting like she was with Matthew in S1 towards Charles Blake. There are many recycled plots this season.

I'm in the minority but I've always loved snarky, cold and careful Lady Mary in S1. I guess she was put off by Charles because he wasn't there to help them and wasn't on their side. And so now he blames Napier for bringing along his boss in the first place. Again, I'm lukewarm with Charles, if he is to be the one that Mary ends up with (I think not actually). I guess I still need to see more of him interact with Mary. As I do with Napier but it seems to me that it has been narrowed down to Charles & Tony for Mary now (with the latter being the most one I'm thinking she'll end up with).

I'm also glad she noticed that Anna has changed her tune but I wish she'd tell her already. I also absolutely love that Isobel-Tom-Mary scene at the nursery so much! I hope we get to see Mary bond more with George in the last few eps.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I quiet like sarcastic Mary, looks like that new guy's going to get up her nose, and vice versa, whether it'll be a repeat of the story with Matthew, we'll have to wait and see.

Looks like Michelle had some fun at that event, thanks for all those. xxx
Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the snarky sarcastic S1 Mary as well and I love that it's still part of her personality esp since now (in S4 ) she represents the more modern women, the one who's interested in politics and the economy and not just in 'domestic' stuff but... idk I expect her to me less 'edgy' when it comes to 'matters of the heart' even though I can't really blame her when it comes to Charles. The guy is really annoying and arrogant and not as half as 'easy on the eyes' as Matthew was

Mary keeps asking Tom about his idea of immigrating to America but I think it's not too fat fetched for her to eventually travel there herself to have a fresh start. (with George )
Old 10-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm still on the fence with Blake but I'm interested. I don't see any sparks yet, he irritates her for now. He did come off as standoffish for me. I would need to see more scenes with them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose (View Post)
Mary keeps asking Tom about his idea of immigrating to America but I think it's not too fat fetched for her to eventually travel there herself to have a fresh start. (with George )
I would LOVE for this to happen.

Credit
Old 10-29-2013, 03:32 AM
Extreme Fan

OMG!! Lindsay, that's undoubtedly my favourite scene of E6. She's so happy whenever she talks about Matthew and is reminded of these happy days they spent together.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

awww... I loved how she kept saying 'he's going to propose' and her face lit up yet it was so bitter sweet

Maybe she will end up in America
Old 10-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:

Quote:
Maybe she will end up in America
Maybe she wants take a fresh start indeed.
So go to America with George and Tom and Sybbie of course!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Where would they shoot the American scenes? Not in America, I suppose.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, not in America but let's see how they'll show this.

Michelle Dockery attends a Meet The Cast event for stars of ‘Downton Abbey’ at Apple Store, Regent Street on October 28, 2013 in London, England.

x

x
Old 10-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countess. (View Post)
Where would they shoot the American scenes? Not in America, I suppose.
No, I don't think they would film in in America, but I can def see the SL going in this direction. PLus I think there will be a scene of Robert in America next ep (when he goes to help Cora's brother ) so they might use the same set

omg!!! I LOVE the Apple store in Regent street. In fact I ADORE Regent street and the entire area. I've walked up and down this street so many times while I was in London. It's soooo DA

and I LOVE to see Michelle in sneakers
Old 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Instagram

Tales & Tails

Little Lady Mary aka Michelle the Rabbit is back .

what you see

"Delete that," she half-joked.

^ How i missed the snarky in you Mary .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for always posting so much about Michelle. You're amazing!