Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
I agree on the Julianna and Michelle love. I've tried Homeland and I don't get the fuss. Michelle had such a fantastic season 2
Completely agree with you Kelly. I watched Homeland before DA two weeks ago. Although Homeland is a good show (mainly because of Damian Lewis), Michelle's season 2 ROCKED compared to Claire and Juliana's seasons. Claire played the same character in season 1 (still as crazy/bipolar). Juliana was/is great but nothing outstanding.

What Michelle expressed with her facial expressions/without speaking was simply magnificent. You could feel the angst coming through the screen and you felt it in your heart and throat when watching her not able to express her love for Matthew. That should have earned her a win!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Moderator Manager

I have high hopes for her in S3. After all, the nomination was for S2. Not to say she wasn't outstanding that season because she was. I just hope next year they'll see that and give her the award already. I'm not a CD fan but I do like Homeland and Carrie is outstanding but Damian is super stellar and I get to like Carrie only because of Brody. Juliana is hands down, super good. Sometimes I think she's a real-life lawyer.

There are many outstanding Mary/Michelle moments in S2. 2x01 for starters, the train station scene? OMG. Even for that one, they should give the award to her. I agree the Americans love the popular ones like Juliana & Claire. Though let's not forget, there's still a good number of people who don't watch D.A. and are on the fence with period dramas. They prefer shows like Mad Men or Homeland which are fast paced and grittier than D.A.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Look! MD and Juliana are pals! And red wine spilled on her amazing dress

Michelle Dockery's Golden Globes Party Foul! Downton Abbey Actress Has Wine Spilled on Gorgeous Gown - Yahoo! Movies
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Moderator Manager

I just read that. Still very classy about it. I mean, seriously, how can you not love Michelle?

Here's a bit about the French designer of Michelle's gown, Alexandre Vauthier.

Quote:
We were thrilled to include Downtown Abbey’s Lady Mary, the delightful Michelle Dockery, in our top 10 best dressed list at the Golden Globes. Not only did she look stunning, but she took a risk on the red carpet in a gown designed not by the usual suspects (Chanel, Valentino, McQueen) but by newcomer Alexandre Vauthier. We caught up with the courtier the day after the big event for a quick 1-minute sound off.

Harper’s Bazaar: Congrats on your gorgeous gown Michelle Dockery wore to the Golden Globes. How did you meet her?

Alexandre Vauthier: It was two weeks before the Golden Globes and I received an email from Michelle’s stylist Micaela. I was already a big fan of hers because of Downtown Abbey, so I began to work on the dress!

HB: What was the inspiration behind the gown?

AV: I wanted a very light and fresh dress, just like her. I wanted to make her beauty obvious, and it worked.
60 Seconds With the Man Behind Michelle Dockery's Dress: Alexandre Vauthier - Harper's BAZAAR

Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
STOP being beautiful.
I don't think she knows how to stop .

"Delete that," she half-joked.

satan was a lesbian.

The woman was laughing over COOKIES v BISCUITS .

Also:

Michelle Dockery - 2013 Golden Globes Red Carpet Interview on E! News

A Swarm of Locusts, Michelle Dockery - 2013 Golden Globes Red Carpet...

pink freud

^ Julian's NON reaction to Claire's win .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lindsay!! I am using one of Kelly's gorgeous icons

I agree Michelle was by far one of the most elegantly dressed celebrities at the GG her dress was perfection

America are a season behind us so hopefully when they see how amazing she is in S3 they will give her another nomination and I hope she wins

That skit about the cookies/biscuits was brilliant I love those gifs and would love to see it on video Michelle's laugh and smile are so beautiful

I hope she goes to the SAG's and I can't wait to see what she wears if she does go
Old 01-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Moderator Manager

Definitely. She's one of the best dressed that night. And I hope she gets to attend the SAGs too.

And I love that E! feature. I don't know DS - I still don't understand how you can go away from kissing those lips and seeing that face.

I'll have to use a CS M/M icon soon.

Quote:
Golden Girl

We love to see a star take a risk. Even better? When a star pulls it off. So thank you, Michelle Dockery, for proving that red carpets don't have to be all about plunging necklines or column silhouettes, and a special thanks to your stunning, liquid-gold-looking Alexandre Vauthier. Let the Cousin Violets of the world clutch pearls at your derring-do. You are what Hollywood and fashion are all about.
2013 Golden Globes: Fashion Police | E! Online

Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Such a goofball

I wonder if Michelle took Little Lady Mary to the GG? I hope she did, it would be cruel not to have taken her .

They need to work together one day
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Moderator Manager

I agree. Someone please make Michelle & Sally work together someday.

Since 3x04 just showed on PBS, I think it was most appropriate to post this here again.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

^ That part made me laugh so much...

Photo by katiegaskin • Instagram

satan was a lesbian.

^ From 11 years ago they say ???
Old 01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Sandrinha for the photos!

Looks like MD is dating an American guy? From Austin? Wonder who that may be
Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Moderator Manager

Ugh lucky girl and she's not even a fan. I really love her hair. I read on twitter that she is in Austin, TX as some fans spotted her (evidenced too by that instagram photo above Sandrinha posted).

Quote:
Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockery says the show has given her the confidence to wear colour.

The actress is best known for her role as Lady Mary Crawley in the popular British period drama.

The beautiful gowns worn by the characters are a stand-out element of the TV show and the pretty brunette says the vibrant shades have inspired her to be more daring.

“My character wears a lot of bold jewel tones. I never thought a colour like red would suit me, but now I find myself wearing more of these colours off the show as well. I like giving a nod to Downton,” she smiled to InStyle.

Just as the plotline evolves, so does the style of the characters.

Michelle is happy to embrace the changes and looks forward to trying new things.

“As the plot of the show moves into the 1920s, we’re getting away from rigid corseted gowns and into less-structured dresses with above-the-knee hemlines,” she explained.

When it comes to her personal style, the 31-year-old favours designs by Christopher Kane to get “a bit edgy from time to time”.

Keeping it classy is always important to the British star.

“I’m quite into the French way – simple elegance with just a suggestion of sexiness, nothing vulgar,” she said.
Michelle Dockery: Downton inspires my style - Fashion & Beauty, Woman - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 01-21-2013 at 08:42 PM
Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

If she is in Austin, TX does that mean she is trying to find that cowboy that Robert spoke about ??

http://suzannepls.tumblr.com
Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
You may know her best as Lady Mary Crawley, the eldest daughter on the PBS series Downton Abbey, but in InStyle’s February issue, Michelle Dockery slips out of her character’s corset and reveals the fashion tips that she’s picked up on the set.

Embrace color. “My character wears a lot of bold jewel tones. I never thought a color like red would suit me, but now I find myself wearing more of these colors off the show as well. I like giving a nod to Downton.”

Shake things up. “As the plot of the show moves into the 1920s, we’re getting away from rigid corseted gowns and into less-structured dresses with above-the-knee hemlines,” says the actress, who chooses designs by Christopher Kane to get “a bit edgy from time to time.”

Offer only a glimpse. “I’m quite into the French way—simple elegance with just a suggestion of sexiness, nothing vulgar.
Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockery Talks Fashion! : InStyle.com What's Right Now

Also, the SAGs are in L.A. How many hours is it to travel from TX to LA? Because I hope she'll be attending this Sunday's award show.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

By plane TX to LA is about 3 hrs-ish. Hope a lot of them are going.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net