Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I did check it but the free version isn't up anymore and I don't have an online account

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Same for me. Too bad we weren't able to get it.

So these recent eps are making me miss Matthew and I'm glad that at least they did end up together, got married and had George. So I'm thankful for that at least.

I love this quote from the director. What could have been for these two, I swear...

x

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That's giving me feelings all over again It is because they are so different that they worked so well together.

| ray
Old 11-08-2014, 04:13 AM
Moderator Manager

And I do love that Michelle & Dan have amazing chemistry on-screen. Sometimes I re-watch some of their scenes in the earlier seasons because I do miss them. It would've been a really epic love story between these two if Matthew was still around.

I do love that George is looking more like Matthew although he looks grumpy sometimes, that attitude takes on Mary of course.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Extreme Fan

He's got a little bit of both his parents then, bless him.

They did work so well together, even with their differences, I don't know if anyone could match Matthew again, because we had so much time to get to know and like him, and just wanting him to be with Mary, even when they had obstacles thrown up against them.
Sad that he's not around to watch George grow up, and the same goes for Sybil and her little girl.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Moderator Manager

That's exactly it, we had time to get to know him. He was stubborn and even if Mary was being a bitch, it did not deter him and in the end, it was Mary pining for him. In S2, Mary has done a complete 360. I think the fact that Richard and Lavinia was around really put some obstacle in their relationship. I think if Lavinia didn't die, Matthew would marry her.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Moderator Manager

I am missing them so much.

x

Old 11-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I am missing them so much.

x
aww, that's sweet Lindsay.

You've probably seen this before, but it moves me every time.....and that music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Fwl0W3Pm4
Old 11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

The reason we had so much time to get to know him was because his future was as much tied to Downton as Mary's--he was a protagonist; they both were. From the first episode he was this relatively normal chap who's thrown into this new world of the aristocracy and fighting to remain himself within it, and I think that was something that people identified with. And of course we watched him change and grow from this almost rebellious character to someone who was ready to take over the reins after Robert's death.

And then he in turn seriously did melt the ice so to speak--he changed Mary. There's such a huge difference from the first few episodes of Season 1 and Mary in Season 2. She was in love with him and willing to put her own happiness aside and accept Lavinia for his sake; she took care of him when he was wounded, pretty much said that she would marry him even if he never recovered...

To this day I still have so many feelings about Matthew Crawley; we'd be here all day. I'm in the process of rewatching Season 1 so I'm sure I'll have more thoughts.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.

Last edited by lassothemoon; 11-17-2014 at 12:52 PM
Old 11-18-2014, 03:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Oh gawwwwd, this made me tear up a bit because of that M/M music in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
The reason we had so much time to get to know him was because his future was as much tied to Downton as Mary's--he was a protagonist; they both were. From the first episode he was this relatively normal chap who's thrown into this new world of the aristocracy and fighting to remain himself within it, and I think that was something that people identified with. And of course we watched him change and grow from this almost rebellious character to someone who was ready to take over the reins after Robert's death.

And then he in turn seriously did melt the ice so to speak--he changed Mary. There's such a huge difference from the first few episodes of Season 1 and Mary in Season 2. She was in love with him and willing to put her own happiness aside and accept Lavinia for his sake; she took care of him when he was wounded, pretty much said that she would marry him even if he never recovered...

To this day I still have so many feelings about Matthew Crawley; we'd be here all day. I'm in the process of rewatching Season 1 so I'm sure I'll have more thoughts.
So well said! They really brought out the best in each other and no other person has understood Mary the way Matthew did. I am glad for all the moments we got from them no matter how short. I'm envious that you are re-watching S1.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Oh gawwwwd, this made me tear up a bit because of that M/M music in the background.

I'm envious that you are re-watching S1.
You'll have to buy the dvd's Lindsay, and take a nice trip down memory lane.

That music is beautiful, the person who put that together clearly has a lot of love for M&M. like we all do.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Moderator Manager

I have my copies but I don't have the DVDs.

Everytime I hear that music, I remember how much I loved them since S1 and I was so crazy about them then.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I have my copies but I don't have the DVDs.

Everytime I hear that music, I remember how much I loved them since S1 and I was so crazy about them then.
The music is so brilliant. I read somewhere that Lunn was pretty disappointed when Matthew died because "he had some of the best tunes." I concur.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Wow really, he said that? Ugh. I bet he wanted to compose another theme for them if Dan stayed on.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:44 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Aw that both sweet and sad.

| ray