Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2015, 05:24 AM
Moderator Manager

New ep on PBS tonight everyone! I hope you all enjoy the episode.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have no recollection about what happens on tonight's episode. AT ALL.
lol

Will enjoy watching this evening. (I am eagerly awaiting Miss Bunting's dinner smackdown, whenever that is).
Old 01-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

The bit with Edith and Marigold with Mrs. Drew is getting old. Perhaps Mr. Drew and Edith can trust Mrs. Drew with the truth, so she doesn't keep coming up with wrong ideas on the matter.

Violet is such a hypocrite, to be lecturing Mary about morals.

Here we go again, with Bates in trouble again. Anna looks like a nervous wreck.

I have to agree with Carson about the AWOL soldier not getting the same honors, even if he was in distress.

Robert is such an ass to Cora. She should have spoken up sooner. They seem to be so out of love at this point.

Gillingham is a pushy bore. Thomas is up to some tricks again.

The program doesn't seem quite as compelling anymore.

Last edited by mrs. g; 01-18-2015 at 08:37 PM
Old 01-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Moderator Manager

I now remember this ep after going through this thread. I see that Bricker is around and Robert/Cora's marriage is in trouble.

The memorial for Mrs. Patmore's nephew had some differing opinions from both Carson & Mrs. Hughes.

I enjoyed Violet/Isobel and the Mary/Tom scenes in this ep.

And I found this ep hilarious because of Sarah Bunting.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

What I remember about this series is episode 5 or 6 where it all kicks off. So hang on in there viewers I also loved episode 8.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

That Bunting B***H has to go.

Tom and Mary have a nice rapport.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:45 AM
New Fan

Just finished watching

I like reading the chit chat about the episode before I see it, it makes me watch out for things!

I am tired of the Edith as martyr bit. Someone please throw her a bone. She's outgrown her petty jealousy of her sisters. She is jealous of Mary having a child, but she never shows it in the form of petty jabs etc.

It's time for things to be resolved with the Drewe's because the present situation is painful and unfair to all involved. Time to fess up and figure out how to proceed, the longer Marigold stays with the Drewes the more painful and confusing the situation will be for all involved. We've already been through several rounds of "let's torture Edith" lets try a new angle.

Bunting is simply irritating. She seem to get more of a thrill out of irritating and upsetting than true challenge and intelligent discourse. She doesn't share her thoughts, she hurls insults and accusations. Nor is she interested in listening to other people's thoughts and feelings...she'd rather tell them they are wrong and feel smug over it.

Tom is too intelligent for her. He doesn't engage in discourse with her either. He is too busy trying to cover for her lack of manners. She tells him he's better than this...he has an opportunity and position to impart positive change, she'd rather have him throwing molatov cocktails.

I hate the way Mary has Anna do her dirty work, when Anna is extremely uncomfortable with is. But then she's always been indulged so she seems to know no other way. She probably could have talked Carson into buying it for her is she had a mind to.

I'm glad Gillingham showed up. Of course he thinks that their engagement is just a matter of course, and it is appropriate for him to drop by etc. She does need to face and address the situation she has brought about and deal with it fairly and like a grownup. She spent a week alone with him, but she expects him to act like a hopeful suiter still throwing roses at her feet. Grow up...you're not a young girl during her first season, you're a woman, mother, and property owner.

Robert is an ass. I'm glad Cora has someone who appreciates her. I was tired of the way she always has her head down, looking up like some hopeful puppy. Good to hear her laugh authentically and bask a bit. I like her so much better for it.

Robert, as usual, needs a spanking and to be sent to bed without his supper.

I feel for Mrs Patmore, but I agree with Carson.

And seriously will they NEVER put the Bates in trouble issue to rest?

I like when JF allows some REAL character development, and he has with a few characters, but others he just dresses up in new fashions and has them play the same role.

I love that Daisy has grown, that Tom has developed, that Edith took her grandmother's advice and found a way to put herself to use, and now Cora! good for her. I don't expect Robert to change, or even to show the insight and humanity below the surface that Violet portrays. He's just a boob in different suits, complaining that he doesn't like the fit.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really wish Edith would come back with some snappy one liners to match Mary's. That would be much more entertaining.

Bunting could have been so much more of a character, she IS just rude. She could be more tolerant and tactful.

Carson at the chemist, lol! 'may I have one of those secret ladies' devices please?'

The Bates in trouble *sigh* Now there's a long tale...
Old 01-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE=CarrieAnn;79814700]I really wish Edith would come back with some snappy one liners to match Mary's. That would be much more entertaining.

agree, she' s such a sap, if someone spoke to me like that in the family I'd bop them, she needs an Italian temper, lol

and Tom needs to tell Ms. Bunting off!

Agree that Anna should have told Mary she just isn't comfy doing that or worries that Mr. Bates would find it.

I notice less posters here this year, on the American time showing than last year.

Last edited by mrs. g; 01-19-2015 at 01:34 PM
Old 01-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Who has had character development, other than Daisy and Cora? I mean, really? I guess Tom has, forgot about him.
Mary, Gillingham, Edith, all the downstairs help, and especially Robert are stagnant and boring.

Robert even says on some episode he's ready for everything to go back to the way it was (well so did Violet, but at her age, she needs to focus on breathing instead of character development, lol)...

Anna taking 'the THING" to her cottage probably doesn't bode well for her marriage...cuz you know that Mr. Bates is going to find it--it's too obvious, lol.

I've always thought Gillingham is only interested in Mary in that she will provide a comfortable living for him the rest of his days. After their romp in the sack, he says something to her, something like 'I need to learn what habits will dictact the rest of my life', or some sort of drivel like that. You can tell Mary's not impressed with Tony, when he goes to get his breakfast she gets 'the look' on her face. Seen that face too many times in other shows..Tony's toast. LOL

I wasn't on this blog this time last yr but I am an American that likes to chat all things DA!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

[well so did Violet, but at her age, she needs to focus on breathing instead of character development, lol)...

funny
Old 01-20-2015, 12:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddarsox (View Post)
I hate the way Mary has Anna do her dirty work, when Anna is extremely uncomfortable with is. But then she's always been indulged so she seems to know no other way. She probably could have talked Carson into buying it for her is she had a mind to.
The problem with Mary is that she knows Anna won't say no so she asked her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
Bunting could have been so much more of a character, she IS just rude. She could be more tolerant and tactful.
I was wondering if Fellowes is purposely making her annoying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
I've always thought Gillingham is only interested in Mary in that she will provide a comfortable living for him the rest of his days. After their romp in the sack, he says something to her, something like 'I need to learn what habits will dictact the rest of my life', or some sort of drivel like that. You can tell Mary's not impressed with Tony, when he goes to get his breakfast she gets 'the look' on her face. Seen that face too many times in other shows..Tony's toast. LOL
I always thought that he was more interested in her than she was with him. He was smitten but she wasn't fully on-board. Not just in this ep but even in S4. And that's why I can't bring myself to rally for them to be together. Maybe I was hoping that would change along the way.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
The problem with Mary is that she knows Anna won't say no so she asked her.

I was wondering if Fellowes is purposely making her annoying...

I always thought that he was more interested in her than she was with him. He was smitten but she wasn't fully on-board. Not just in this ep but even in S4. And that's why I can't bring myself to rally for them to be together. Maybe I was hoping that would change along the way.
----

Yes, it has to be JF's intent. He wrote it, after all. LOL (but I wonder WHY he thought it necessary to insert a character like Bunting into the mix--unless it's to show that Tom doesn't have any romantic possibilities while living at DA). I feel sorta sorry for the young lady that portrays Bunting, she's really getting flamed for being Sarah Bunting.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:46 PM
Moderator Manager

Also that, what was Julian's point of introducing Sarah and making her annoying? We all know Tom's revolutionary ways will always be there and it doesn't need someone like Sarah to wake that up.

And as long as fans are respectful to Daisy Lewis, who portrays Sarah Bunting, and separate real from reel, then it's all good.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, if I was JF I'd have made Sarah more passionate, less annoying. She and Tom could have had long heartfelt talks and had a meeting of the minds. She could have been a beloved character showing a woman with an independent spirit.

I love Molesley and Baxter!

I agree, something isn't ringing true with Mary and Tony. Her face at the hotel...