Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-11-2015, 01:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Enjoy the new ep tonight everyone! It seems to me we talked a lot about this ep back when it aired in the UK...

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Seems to me that they ran out of stuff for Jimmy ... and had him just leave as part of a revealed fling with a guest/lady of nobility. I'm divided with regard to Thomas - I enjoy hating him as a "villain." Though he does do some admirable things - sticking up for baby Sybbie against the horrible nanny in S4, for example. I just wish he'd be more friendly with Anna, even if he doesn't exactly like Bates.

I agree. They should have given Jimmy a proper storyline, not just annoying everyone. I really wish he and Rose had continued their friendship. He could have been caught out just kissing her, not anything else. That would have led to being fired too.

I like Thomas, he is the most complicated character in the show, and IMO he changes a lot in season 5, without giving anything away I hope.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnn (View Post)
Looking forward to discussing it One of my favourite scenes ever in this episode.
Ok, Carrie Ann, I watched it especially to see what your fav part was....so what was it?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's amazing how stuffy Lord Grantham is over a radio. His wife should tell him that he didn't seem to mind , American money when he seems to make his snobbish anti Amer. digs. He seems so unloving to Cora this season. I can see Baxter really doesn't want to lose Moseley;s friendship. It was wrong of Mary to push
Anna into doing that uncomfortable errand. That lady pharmacist was awful. I think Mary is making a mistake in getting together with Gillingham. There is something smug about him. Someone better clue in the farmer's wife because she's getting more agitated against Edith. Rose is a bubblehead as usual. Bates and Anna seem to have lost their spark. Amazing how Thomas wonders why no one likes him. Get a clue and watch how you treat people.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Now I think I remember this ep (I still have to backread on this thread for everyone's posts). The wireless part is pretty funny with Violet standing up and everyone following suit. Baxter & Molesley's friendship has really taken off this season.

Quote:
I like Thomas, he is the most complicated character in the show, and IMO he changes a lot in season 5, without giving anything away I hope.
Same. Actually I already liked him since S1. I mean, there has to be at least one mean guy right?

Old 01-12-2015, 03:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiemom09121416 (View Post)
Ok, Carrie Ann, I watched it especially to see what your fav part was....so what was it?
Ah, Aggiemom, that is quite a sweet thing to do. It was the scene where Thomas says goodbye to Jimmy. They acted that really well and I couldn't believe how sensible Jimmy was for once. I didn't watch it again but didn't he apologise to Thomas for trying to get him arrested? And wished him the best and told him he's a real pal? That scene stayed in my mind for a long time.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. g (View Post)
It's amazing how stuffy Lord Grantham is over a radio. His wife should tell him that he didn't seem to mind , American money when he seems to make his snobbish anti Amer. digs. He seems so unloving to Cora this season. I can see Baxter really doesn't want to lose Moseley;s friendship. It was wrong of Mary to push
Anna into doing that uncomfortable errand. That lady pharmacist was awful. I think Mary is making a mistake in getting together with Gillingham. There is something smug about him. Someone better clue in the farmer's wife because she's getting more agitated against Edith. Rose is a bubblehead as usual. Bates and Anna seem to have lost their spark. Amazing how Thomas wonders why no one likes him. Get a clue and watch how you treat people.

I agree with you about Lord G treating Cora unlovingly, and the chemist scene was awful! Poor Anna!

I agree with you about Gillingham too, I don't like him.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

It was a very sweet scene between Thomas and Jimmy--just when we see a possible storyline between the two of them, POOF, Jimmy's gone. Sad.

And Cora's a bored housewife--she misses the days of being busy. When telling Robert she misses the days of feeling accomplished, Robert completely dismisses her feelings. To add to it, he tells her not to worry her pretty little head about his latest business deal. Shame on Robert! Agree with the earlier posters on how Robert treated Cora. No wonder she enjoys spending time with the art lover, he listens to and values her opinions.

Oh! And you can tell Mary is definitely having second thoughts about her relationship with Tony..watch her face when he leaves the room to go get his breakfast. uh oh!

And here we go again with Greene..(off to go bang my head against the wall).
Old 01-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It was a very sweet scene between Thomas and Jimmy--just when we see a possible storyline between the two of them, POOF, Jimmy's gone. Sad.

And Cora's a bored housewife--she misses the days of being busy. When telling Robert she misses the days of feeling accomplished, Robert completely dismisses her feelings. To add to it, he tells her not to worry her pretty little head about his latest business deal. Shame on Robert! Agree with the earlier posters on how Robert treated Cora. No wonder she enjoys spending time with the art lover, he listens to and values her opinions.

Oh! And you can tell Mary is definitely having second thoughts about her relationship with Tony..watch her face when he leaves the room to go get his breakfast. uh oh!

And here we go again with Greene..(off to go bang my head against the wall).
I agree with all of that. I'm very agreeable today.

The Green saga is beyond annoying. I'd love it if he was whisked away into alternative dimension and returns in a later episode to get revenge.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree with all of that. I'm very agreeable today.

The Green saga is beyond annoying. I'd love it if he was whisked away into alternative dimension and returns in a later episode to get revenge.
LOL, the whole Green storyline...BLECH.

(Is this the thread we can talk about possible future storylines? How about Cora dying, Robert remarrying, and his new wife having a son? How's that for a plot twist? )
Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Ah, Aggiemom, that is quite a sweet thing to do. It was the scene where Thomas says goodbye to Jimmy. They acted that really well and I couldn't believe how sensible Jimmy was for once. I didn't watch it again but didn't he apologise to Thomas for trying to get him arrested? And wished him the best and told him he's a real pal? That scene stayed in my mind for a long time.
Looks like someone is joining me in the Thomas/Jimmy ship.

Quote:
(Is this the thread we can talk about possible future storylines? How about Cora dying, Robert remarrying, and his new wife having a son? How's that for a plot twist? )
No that would be the Series 5 Discussion thread (the other topped discussion thread). Just as long as futures SLs won't be mentioned in this thread, we'll be fine.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Looks like someone is joining me in the Thomas/Jimmy ship.

Oh yes! I hated Jimmy up until series 5 but looks like at last he may be maturing. And now there really IS 'so much between them'.

However, if Thomas can't have Jimmy, I want him to meet a handsome lord who has so much money it doesn't matter if he is gay or not. Maybe this lord would have been previously married and had sons, then his wife died and he was relieved as he couldn't keep pretending he liked women. Then he'd go and visit the Crawleys, they think they have to console the bereaved widower but he spots Thomas and after a few episodes of 'will they won't they', he whisks Thomas away to be his butler/lover. Am I repeating myself, lol.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Oh yes! I hated Jimmy up until series 5 but looks like at last he may be maturing. And now there really IS 'so much between them'.

However, if Thomas can't have Jimmy, I want him to meet a handsome lord who has so much money it doesn't matter if he is gay or not. Maybe this lord would have been previously married and had sons, then his wife died and he was relieved as he couldn't keep pretending he liked women. Then he'd go and visit the Crawleys, they think they have to console the bereaved widower but he spots Thomas and after a few episodes of 'will they won't they', he whisks Thomas away to be his butler/lover. Am I repeating myself, lol.
---
Well anything is possible in tv land.

I was always amused by Jimmy--downstairs losing William and OBrien left some empty spots downstairs that needed to be filled.
I may be in the minority but I don't like Mosely--he avoided being called up by allowing the good doctor to not correct his medical (or lack thereof) issues. He is comedic relief, but that's about it.

And anyone else wonder why Anna and Bates hooked up? I never could figure that one out, he seems quite a bit older than she is.

I spend too much time thinking about this show.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:14 PM
Supreme Fan

As a shipper of Bates/Anna, I was glad they got together. Made for a nice May/December romance where the two truly love each other. Bates is roughly 17 years older than Anna, but I think they're sweet. Something else I like is that it's clearly love and friendship that brought them together instead of money/property.

I'm tired of Edith being miserable and wish they had let her marry Anthony Strellan.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FsredFan (View Post)
As a shipper of Bates/Anna, I was glad they got together. Made for a nice May/December romance where the two truly love each other. Bates is roughly 17 years older than Anna, but I think they're sweet. Something else I like is that it's clearly love and friendship that brought them together instead of money/property.

I'm tired of Edith being miserable and wish they had let her marry Anthony Strellan.

Oh my, 17 years?? (is that the character's age differences or the actual character's age difference?)

I was confused, way back in season whatever (lol), at first Cora WANTS Mary to woo Straton, then later on when Edith is interested (after the war, when there weren't many suitors to pick from), that Cora and Robert deemed him too old for Edith--and there can't be too many yrs between Mary's and Edith's ages. That never made sense to me.
Sure he wasn't a great catch age-wise for either girl, but after the war, he would have been a great catch for any blue blood girl-he had a title, land, manor and money. What else would a parent want? lol. He also was in love with Edith. I hated that they didn't marry.