Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Also this whole thing with Mary is really laughable. I so do not care who she ends up with now.
Agreed. When Evelyn came back I shipped them so hard. Now I don't even care who she chooses, or if she chooses no one at all. Just make the suitor carousel STOP already.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes because it really is getting to me
Old 12-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

I loved Evelyn in S1 and I feel that he was ill used in S4. I couldn't believe that he got shipped off to France for the C/S.

Also, what's the point of having Blake be an heir to an estate and title in Ireland? I actually liked him being an untitled person and Mary's sudden interest in him is just so superficial.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 12-31-2013, 05:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Agreed. When Evelyn came back I shipped them so hard. Now I don't even care who she chooses, or if she chooses no one at all. Just make the suitor carousel STOP already.
LOL.
I just had a vision of all of us sitting on an eternal merry-go-round ride with all those lights twinkling and pink horses spinning and sickly sweet music going on and on. So annoying, because I adore these actors, and have fallen in love with the characters and their struggle, but the script is just.not.progressing at a pace and direction that can keep my full interest anymore. Sigh!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
LOL. I just had a vision of all of us sitting on an eternal merry-go-round ride with all those lights twinkling and pink horses spinning and sickly sweet music going on and on. So annoying, because I adore these actors, and have fallen in love with the characters and their struggle, but the script is just.not.progressing at a pace and direction that can keep my full interest anymore. Sigh!
Exactly! Maybe times are just different now, but I can't imagine two 30-something guys fawning over the same woman for well over a year with no progress whatsoever. Most guys would have started shopping around long ago!
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 01-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Ditto on Blake and that (gasp!) anti-climactic twist with him having a title. Come on, JF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Exactly! Maybe times are just different now, but I can't imagine two 30-something guys fawning over the same woman for well over a year with no progress whatsoever. Most guys would have started shopping around long ago!
Perhaps men were like that back then. I can't fathom it either but... oh well.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

There were about 2 million more women in Britain than men after the war and the gap was even greater for those who were in the upper classes since 1 in 5 men in the aristocracy died in the war and only 1 in 8 men in Britain. There were definitely other fish to fry if Mary wasn't interested.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Ugh, the kids seemingly didn't exist since the last time they appeared. I don't expect we'll get more screentime next season, tbh.

Edna & Sarah were characters that we can do without this season, tbh. Especially Edna. I didn't see her point coming back AT ALL.

S4 has been a rollercoaster for me. Quality in writing is dwindling since S3 but I'll take S3 over this season.

Also this whole thing with Mary is really laughable. I so do not care who she ends up with now. As much as I do not care who Tom ends up with at this point. They need to introduce another girl for him. Sarah is not a good choice (if she ends up being the one), imo.

Poor Edith still can't catch a break.
Why DID Edna come back? What was the point of that? I figured she would come back and cause trouble again, come back to haunt him so to speak. Because he thought he was off the hook for his transgression and eventually.....he was off the hook. End of story.

And why did Thomas overhear Tom and Edna talking in the hallway? What was the point of that? I figured it had to be for a reason, like he would tell Sarah or Robert or something!

But no, it was just a big nothing. At the start of S4, Tom allows himself to be sexually exploited by a psycho woman trying to trap him. By the end, he allows himself to be steamrolled by a rude, pushy woman trying to mess with his head.

So.....he's improving? Is that what we are supposed to take from it? He doesn't let himself be manipulated quite as MUCH he did a year earlier?

Whatever.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

The overhearing thing is getting to be ridiculous! Everyone overhears only when it will add angst to the story.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Moderator Manager

I would have forgiven the Edna SL if it added anything at all but it didn't. And I also figure Thomas would've told Robert about Tom & Edna talking in the hallway but then KAPUT. What the hell was that for?

I'm all for characters coming back only if they'll give a good story arc (I'd take Evelyn coming back and Gregson over Edna's SL).

Old 09-24-2014, 04:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Gillingham needs to leave and take Blake with him. Seriously.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:26 PM
Moderator Manager

^ I know what you mean. Mary is one of my favorite characters on the show but I am zoning out on most of her scenes with these "men".

Old 10-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Bringing this over from the spoilers thread because at this point any speculation with spoilers about Tom can't help but turn into a "this really sucks" post.

I think Allen knows viewers are now "keen" for Tom to find love just as he himself is. Earlier would have been too soon, but now? It's not too soon.....in fact, it's way past due. It was rather a cruel tease if he said that knowing it wasn't going to happen this season. He didn't even have to mention it: he could have just waited until the S6 promo if that's how long the show is going to make us wait.

At least once Bunting is gone, his story could shift to the "search for love". Why spend four more episodes deciding whether or not to go to America? To stretch that out and then put his romantic life off for yet ANOTHER year? When Mary got started on hers when Matthew was barely cold in his grave? Honestly.

Maybe going to the memorial is the "English" storyline but IMO that's not much of a storyline. Just because he's Irish doesn't mean going to the service should be an issue at all. He knew William and probably some of the others who died. Honoring their memory is not a political or national statement at all. I mean, I go to funerals for people of different religions. It's a no-brainer.

Maybe it's going to an Anglican service but again I don't see what the big deal is. Setting foot in an Anglican church might be "English" but I don't see why he'd have to be dragged there "for Sybbie's sake." Again, he would go to a wedding or funeral there so why not a service? It doesn't make him any less Catholic. I imagine Tom is more open-minded than that.

I'm just saying I hope that's not his big touching moment of the season. I love Tom/Sybbie moments but for me it's time for a romantic moment, or at least a show of interest on his part. It's time for them to at least introduce someone new and get the process started, instead of waiting until the last minute and rushing it all through a single season. That would be a big let-down for me.

I don't want to be pessimistic. But I also feel I shouldn't have to be. His current storyline has gotten stale and is past its expiration date. I don't know why they are waiting and it would be very disappointing to only get a love story next season, one that would be far more rushed than it had to be. They've had more than enough time.

Sarah is there until 5.05. Frankly she's been ruining his storyline for me this season. We've gotten a nice moment with him and Mary and brief one with him and Rose. But most of his time has been spent on repetitive scenes with a character I can't stand who served her purpose a long time ago.

Now we have only three episodes without her (plus the CS). And then one more season. Yet another year of waiting and only eight episodes on an important story (if we even get that) which could have made this season a lot more enjoyable for me.

So sure, I do think he'll find love eventually. I also think I shouldn't still have to be worried about it at this point, or left hanging as to if it will ever happen or who it will be. We had five episodes of Edna, now eight episodes of Sarah. And if they wait until S6 we will only have eight episodes of a rushed loved story. After 19 episodes total of Tom "trying to find his place." It's ridiculous and yes, I am pissed about it. I don't care for Mary's romantic storyline but at least he's TRYING. He knows viewers want this for Tom, or should know. And he should give it to us.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Moderator Manager

And we're supposed to have a time jump from the CS until S5E1 and Tom/Sarah are still where we left them in the CS? I don't get it. Either have them be together or not have them together at all. Because at this point it is getting stale and I'm also zoning out because it is Sarah.

I need the succeeding eps for Tom to have a proper SL and some other girl be introduced so it could be interesting for me.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Right now I cannot stand to watch him when he is around her, which is way too often. And it was the same in the CS.

Its' particularly annoying because I don't even think the actress is very good. It would have been possible for Sarah to be a straight-talking, strong-minded woman without making her so awful. She could have been portrayed as wrong for Tom but not THIS wrong.

I feel they are trying to make her more sympathetic now with her helping Daisy, but she's still annoying despite that.