Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Some more beautiful pics of Joanne here...

A Moment With Downton Abbey Star Joanne Froggatt | WhoWhatWear.com

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Those are gorgeous, thanks Lindsay, I can see why she'd want to steal Mary's wardrobe
and why she wants Anna to get 'caught' in one of her frocks, that would be fun.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:11 PM
New Fan

great story line

So Anna has to act like she liked Green to save her husband; and hopefully will end up being charged with his MURDER. Meanwhile, Mr. Bates hears she liked Green and is incensed! And lets her take the wrap! Then Mary tries to right the wrong and is charged with obstructing for burning the train ticket to London!

Please, please, please let this be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Those are gorgeous, thanks Lindsay, I can see why she'd want to steal Mary's wardrobe
and why she wants Anna to get 'caught' in one of her frocks, that would be fun.
I can see Joanne's point though. Her character never gets to wear the lovely frocks the upstairs characters usually wears and it would be impossible for Anna to be wearing those kinds of clothes that the Crawleys wear.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I can see Joanne's point though. Her character never gets to wear the lovely frocks the upstairs characters usually wears and it would be impossible for Anna to be wearing those kinds of clothes that the Crawleys wear.
I should imagine all the ladies 'downstairs' must be a little bit envious of what the upstairs characters are wearing from season to season, when their costumes aren't very exciting.
That's why it's lovely to see Joanne and the others all glammed up at these awards, and other events.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

And they also have little make-up. I remember this vid of Lesley Nicol I saw asking the make-up artist to put more color on her cheeks and the make-up artist was shyly shaking her head and Lesley was like "oh well."

Old 02-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And they also have little make-up. I remember this vid of Lesley Nicol I saw asking the make-up artist to put more color on her cheeks and the make-up artist was shyly shaking her head and Lesley was like "oh well."
I could see it might be a little odd if Mrs Patmore's cheeks were covered in rouge.

Couldn't find that vid you were talking about Lindsay, but I did come across this interview with Lesley and Sophie, hadn't seen it before. and more interviews with the cast on that link too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLuMyguIBkQ

Not sure if this has been posted here, but since it's Joanne's thread, nice backstage moments after her Globes win......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGZFanZxgao

Last edited by carrie.suze; 02-01-2015 at 09:06 AM
Old 02-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting both vids, carrie. I don't think the GG one of Joanne's was posted here yet.

@Comedydaddy: A British invasion on @siriusxm @Outq with @benbarnes and @JoFroggatt It was a blast meeting you both.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Good to know the video of Joanne's win was a new one here, she's so lovely and modest.

That's a gorgeous pic too, thanks Lindsay. xxx
Old 02-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Moderator Manager

@curlycomedy: Is Downton Abbey coming to an end?! We grill @JoFroggatt for all the deets

Daily Celebrity Videos, News & Interviews from PEOPLE.com : People.com

Quote:
@tavissmiley: You saw her inspiring speech @ the #GoldenGlobes - watch @DowntonAbbey 's @JoFroggatt discuss it w/ us 2nite on @PBS!
Actress Joanne Froggatt | Interviews | Tavis Smiley | PBS

Old 02-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for those links Lindsay.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Moderator Manager

@AlexaSPea: 'Maid in Britain'- #downtonabbey's @JoFroggatt talks #StillLife and 'Making it in Hollywood' in @EventMagUK

@EventMagUK: Britain's favourite maid on Downton, SAG glory, and how she’s not afraid to look **** on TV Downton Abbey's Joanne Froggatt on making it in Hollywood | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the scan Lindsay, I wonder if she'll make it big in Hollywood, after the GG win, or if she'll be content with a career in England, it's nice to see her talents recognised though.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, whether it be Hollywood or the UK, I'm sure Joanne will do well. She's a talented and wonderful actress.

Quote:
The Golden Globe-winning actress discusses her role as lady’s maid Anna Bates in the hit PBS series, Downton Abbey.

English actress Joanne Froggatt made her debut in the long-running UK series The Bill, and she continued to play various roles in television and film. Her breakthrough role, which propelled her to worldwide recognition, came as lady's maid Anna Bates in the period drama Downton Abbey, which premiered on the BBC in 2010, and was also produced for and aired on PBS's Masterpiece series. The series has since become a worldwide phenomenon. Her work on the show, now in its fifth season, recently earned her a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress in a TV series.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah, whether it be Hollywood or the UK, I'm sure Joanne will do well. She's a talented and wonderful actress.

Agree with that Lindsay, and thanks for the interview too. xx