Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by readergirl925 (View Post)
I would love it if Thomas helped get justice for Anna. Because except for Sybil I think Anna's been the only one who's ever been nice to Thomas. Thomas isn't stupid, he knows that.
Yes and it's why I hope he will help her if he knows it.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think he will help when the truth comes out. Bates has his limp and Thomas is the most uhh.. burly of the men downstairs. He could kick the crap out of Green.

I'm curious to see the route that Green's punishment goes. I don't know about the rape laws of the time and since Anna doesn't want to speak yet and may not want to for months it may be too late already to go to the police and even then they may not believe Anna. Hopefully Green will be either dead, in jail, or run out of town facing destitution by the end of this series.

Obligatory "I hope Anna's not pregnant" prayer circle.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by readergirl925 (View Post)
I would love it if Thomas helped get justice for Anna. Because except for Sybil I think Anna's been the only one who's ever been nice to Thomas. Thomas isn't stupid, he knows that.
Exactly. He may not be friends with them but of course anyone would think what Green did is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdinger (View Post)
I'm curious to see the route that Green's punishment goes. I don't know about the rape laws of the time and since Anna doesn't want to speak yet and may not want to for months it may be too late already to go to the police and even then they may not believe Anna. Hopefully Green will be either dead, in jail, or run out of town facing destitution by the end of this series.

Obligatory "I hope Anna's not pregnant" prayer circle.
THIS (bolded part).

I'm thinking of ways for Green to be arrested. There was no witness and for now only Mrs. Hughes knows. Although we still haven't seen if she does know it is Green. How can they prove in court that she was raped? I also think since Mrs. Hughes saw Green arrive fully aware that Anna isn't around, she will be the key to piecing together Green's arrest. The rest of the staff sitting with Green can also attest to the fact that they did see him leave at one point during the performance.

----------------------------

ETA: I forgot to post these events Joanne attended over the past few days since we were all busy discussing what happened to her character on the show (which is understandable of course so do carry on!).

Credit
Joanne Froggatt being the most adorable at the Downton Abbey ‘Meet the Cast’ event in London on October 8, 2013.

Credit
Joanne Froggatt appearing on BBC Breakfast on October 8, 2013.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 10-10-2013 at 11:07 PM
Old 10-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want Thomas to help Anna too

Quote:
I'm thinking of ways for Green to be arrested. There was no witness and for now only Mrs. Hughes knows. Although we still haven't seen if she does know it is Green. How can they prove in court that she was raped? I also think since Mrs. Hughes saw Green arrive fully aware that Anna isn't around, she will be the key to piecing together Green's arrest. The rest of the staff sitting with Green can also attest to the fact that they did see him leave at one point during the performance.
I hadn't thought of that. But people will believe Anna and maybe lie in court (anything to get that bastard arrested!) Though who knows how long until Anna's secret is out?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Our only hope is Mrs. Hughes. And Mary. She ought to know about this soon. I wouldn't believe it if Anna can be able to nudge this one off entirely and work as usual.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:25 AM
Banned

I hope the Anna secret will know soon because that would be unsupportable for her and Mrs Hughes to say nothing. How she could work properly in thinking to hide what happened. This is an horrid situation.
About the rape I think Dr Clarkson can examine her and know it, no?

Lovely pics of Joanne, thanks Lindsay.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Moderator Manager

Yes, Dr. Clarkson can examine her but she has to be examined right away. I don't know how long she can hold this in but I'm guessing it won't be long. And you're welcome!

The last gif from this set though.

Anna Bates ➞ 4.03 - And yet here I stand.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Yes, Dr. Clarkson can examine her but she has to be examined right away. I don't know how long she can hold this in but I'm guessing it won't be long. And you're welcome!

The last gif from this set though.

Anna Bates ➞ 4.03 - And yet here I stand.
the last gif...................
Old 10-14-2013, 02:24 AM
Moderator Manager

It was so hard to see Anna go through all this. I still don't understand why she doesn't want to go to the police. Mrs. Hughes has been very kind to have kept it but I really need the entire family to find out soon. I'm glad they're all noticing that she's quiet. Too quiet. I was shocked when Anna said that she'll kill herself if she found out she was pregnant. It's a horrible thought and I just hope to God that she isn't. Bates can't seem to open her up. Maybe he can go and talk to Hughes about this? After all she knows most of what happens downstairs.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the pics Lindsay, nice to see Joanne smiling, since her character's going through such misery at the mo.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the thing that could convince Anna to come forward is the possibility of him hurting other girls.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 PM
Moderator Manager

Good point, Mai. If Green sexually assaults another downstairs person, she can come forward. But then why wait until another is hurt, she should really come forward as early as now. I really can't believe how strong she is and holding this all in. Everyone in the family is noticing the change in her behaviour and I'm hoping everything will be out soon.

Credit

Old 10-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She should, but it's not easy. She feels ashamed even though it was not her fault at all and she's scared for Bates.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Banned

Anna was so strong in the last episode and Joanne played perfectly. The scene with Mrs Hughes was so heartbreaking. How she can thought that she's responsible of what happened? The first scene when she seat near to Green was awful to watch because they were here in front of everybody and she just has to say what happened for having help. I hope she will listen to Mrs Hughes and go to the police because she can't continue and the others (Mary and Bates) have noticed something wrong with Anna.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Moderator Manager

That scene of Anna sitting beside Green in the early part of the ep was indeed horrible to watch. I think Mrs. Hughes noticed it so I'm 100% she knows who it is. It's hard to confess but at least there's Mrs. Hughes who knows about it. I just hope Green is discovered before it's too late.

Credit