Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Banned

It was nice to see her smiling and dancing!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always love to see Anna dancing
Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Moderator Manager

I love this gifset too.

Credit

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Moderator Manager

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Anna cannot be pregnant. She can't. That ep was so shocking for me and I can't believe this happened to her. Anna of all people. Why her? She doesn't deserve this. But my god, Joanne's acting was just splendid. Why did we get Anna happy for only 2 episodes this season?

Old 10-07-2013, 06:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Anna cannot be pregnant. She can't. That ep was so shocking for me and I can't believe this happened to her. Anna of all people. Why her? She doesn't deserve this. But my god, Joanne's acting was just splendid. Why did we get Anna happy for only 2 episodes this season?
I agree, Joanne's acting was (and I know will continue to be) splendid. I'm hoping they don't go the "Anna's pregnant!" route. or if they do, have her be far enough along when she finds out that it's obvious that the baby is clearly Bates'.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Yeah, just when you thought they were going to be happy ever after this season.....wrong. If any couple deserves a break it's them, hope this miserable story line isn't dragged out for too long.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Moderator Manager

That's my one hope for Anna, that she's not pregnant. And my god, this will be traumatic for her. This is the worst thing that can happen to any woman. It happens then and it still happens now. Nothing should make it all better seeing that happen to Anna and we're all supposed to be shocked & sick to our stomachs. My hope is with Mrs. Hughes. She's bound to tell anyone about this and before long the Crawleys will know & Bates will find out. Anna has to stay strong and I'm hoping she will.

That horrible scene in the end where Mrs. Hughes finds her in the room with bruises on her face and her hair messed up and she was explaining how she cannot dress Mary... god that scene was pure gold for Joanne. I can't believe that even after what happened, Anna still had the mind to think about Mary and to not tell Bates. She is awesome that way and she doesn't deserve this. I want the whole family to know about this, they'll fight for Anna.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
That's my one hope for Anna, that she's not pregnant. And my god, this will be traumatic for her. This is the worst thing that can happen to any woman. It happens then and it still happens now. Nothing should make it all better seeing that happen to Anna and we're all supposed to be shocked & sick to our stomachs. My hope is with Mrs. Hughes. She's bound to tell anyone about this and before long the Crawleys will know & Bates will find out. Anna has to stay strong and I'm hoping she will.

That horrible scene in the end where Mrs. Hughes finds her in the room with bruises on her face and her hair messed up and she was explaining how she cannot dress Mary... god that scene was pure gold for Joanne. I can't believe that even after what happened, Anna still had the mind to think about Mary and to not tell Bates. She is awesome that way and she doesn't deserve this. I want the whole family to know about this, they'll fight for Anna.
You perfectly summarize my thoughts Lindsay.

Joanne was absolutly perfect and heartbreaking in this scene with Mrs Hughes.
She was so touching and convincing, pure gold like you said.

About what happened I found very bad this "friendship" with Green because I was sure he wanted something else than just playing cards with Anna.
But the rape is absolutly scandalous and awful and I never thought that could happen to Anna in Downton, in the house.
Poor Anna she has to stay strong and I hope Mrs Hughes will tell it to Mary because she'll can help her.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

I totally agree with every single word you wrote. I don't even know what to add or whether there's anything to add, at all. If I start I won't stop, I'm afraid, but that short storyline is definitely my favourite of E3. Not because what Green's done to her was wonderful or anything but because of Joanne's acting and Anna's difficult situation.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Now we just need for Thomas and Edna to stop messing with her. Seriously, she doesn't deserve it.
This seems so trivial now

Quote:
I can't believe that even after what happened, Anna still had the mind to think about Mary and to not tell Bates.
She is so kind even after something like that. That gives me hope she will deal with this, move on and she can be happy again.

Joanne was amazing though. Superb acting.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Moderator Manager

I thought at first that it was just going to be a harmless kiss, an attraction and Anna can walk away. But no, it was horrendous. And Anna felt so helpless. I seriously can't bear to watch that ep anymore (at least the last 15 minutes of it).

And because Anna didn't tell anyone, I fear that Thomas & Edna might still gang up against her or Bates. And Bates will feel that Anna isn't actually there with her. What happened will cause some rift between them because he doesn't know. This is going to get soooo messy.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I thought at first that it was just going to be a harmless kiss, an attraction and Anna can walk away. But no, it was horrendous. And Anna felt so helpless. I seriously can't bear to watch that ep anymore (at least the last 15 minutes of it).

And because Anna didn't tell anyone, I fear that Thomas & Edna might still gang up against her or Bates. And Bates will feel that Anna isn't actually there with her. What happened will cause some rift between them because he doesn't know. This is going to get soooo messy.
I hope or rather I would love that Thomas will notice something different in her attitude and then tries to find what is.
So he'll not plotting against our Bates but maybe help them.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Moderator Manager

I think once Thomas finds out the real reason, he will side with AB. And he can even help Bates take down Green. Anna is always nice to Thomas (remember in S3E5 where he was crying about Sybil and Anna checked on him) so I hope Thomas and the rest will find out soon.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

I hope Thomas will find it and help them. He's not a bad guy and he has nothing against Anna (only Bates! ).
Maybe he can corresponding with other butlers, valets and footmn to know if Green had already a violent comportment towards women or even men.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:25 PM
New Fan

I would love it if Thomas helped get justice for Anna. Because except for Sybil I think Anna's been the only one who's ever been nice to Thomas. Thomas isn't stupid, he knows that.