Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont think its about emma having ethan because if that were the case then shed be going after thayer now, and shes not. emma and ethan arent even together anymore, emma doesnt want him so, its not like its purely a game for sutton.

trust me, i am not on team ethan/sutton at all, i think they are dysfunctional and ethan can do better than her. EVERYONE can do better tahn her frankly, i think sutton is horrible! but istill think she has genuine feelings for him. once upon a tme i think they were a good couple because otherwise ethan never would have been with her to begin with.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
i dont think its about emma having ethan because if that were the case then shed be going after thayer now, and shes not. emma and ethan arent even together anymore, emma doesnt want him so, its not like its purely a game for sutton.

trust me, i am not on team ethan/sutton at all, i think they are dysfunctional and ethan can do better than her. EVERYONE can do better tahn her frankly, i think sutton is horrible! but istill think she has genuine feelings for him. once upon a tme i think they were a good couple because otherwise ethan never would have been with her to begin with.
Sutton has never cared too much about Thayer that is why she is not going after him. But Ethan is different cause she had him first and resents Emma for ever even being with him.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Plus, Sutton just found out that Thayer really likes Emma. She had no idea that she might have lost Thayer, She called him a loyal lapdog, just before she found out that he and Emma had something going on. We'll see what her attitude is now to Emma taking away another of her admirers. And if she eventually realized that everytime Ethan comes to her, Emma has just left him again, she won't like that.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Sutton has never cared too much about Thayer that is why she is not going after him. But Ethan is different cause she had him first and resents Emma for ever even being with him.
In her own, twisted way, maybe Sutton does care something for Ethan.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
Yeah how to get into his pants, wait she did that.. lol
Old 01-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Yeah how to get into his pants, wait she did that.. lol
haha Touché.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
Plus, Sutton just found out that Thayer really likes Emma. She had no idea that she might have lost Thayer, She called him a loyal lapdog, just before she found out that he and Emma had something going on. We'll see what her attitude is now to Emma taking away another of her admirers. And if she eventually realized that everytime Ethan comes to her, Emma has just left him again, she won't like that.
She knew Thayer/Emma had a thing going on way before she called him a lapdog. She noticed it when Thayer kept on bringing up Emma in 1x18. She mentioned to Emma about liking Thayer in 1x02. And there's been a couple more times. I just think she honestly doesn't care.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Sutton has never cared too much about Thayer that is why she is not going after him.
you're contradicting yourself? first you said that sutton doesnt care about ethan and shes only going after him because of emma, but then you say that she isnt going after thayer because she doesnt carea bout him? it cant be one and the other.

either sutton only wants to take things from emma, or she cares about ethan. and i think its the latter.

Quote:
exactly!

i think its nieve to think that sutton has zero feelings for him. I really dont think thats true at all.

i think her infatution/love, whateever she thinks it is is misguided and dellusional, but i think SHE thinks its real. IMo Ethan is the main reason WHY shes so rude to Emma. If Emma hadnt of immediately gone after him I dont think she would have so much animosity towards her. She still hasnt forgiven emma for it.

Quote:
Plus, Sutton just found out that Thayer really likes Emma. She had no idea that she might have lost Thayer, She called him a loyal lapdog, just before she found out that he and Emma had something going on. We'll see what her attitude is now to Emma taking away another of her admirers.
i really dont think so. first of all, in Advantage Sutton, Mads came to tell Emma that Thayer was leaving and Sutton knew about them then and didnt care at all. She didnt care in this episode either that Emma/Thayer were together. Since the E/T thing started she hasnt cared. So i cant see her suddenly getting mad at Emma about it. It wouldnt amke sense. She could care less about Thayer.

Quote:
She knew Thayer/Emma had a thing going on way before she called him a lapdog. She noticed it when Thayer kept on bringing up Emma in 1x18. She mentioned to Emma about liking Thayer in 1x02. And there's been a couple more times. I just think she honestly doesn't care.

Last edited by Alexa; 02-01-2013 at 12:25 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
either sutton only wants to take things from emma, or she cares about ethan. and i think its the latter.
I think it's probably a combination of both. I do think she's happy that Emma doesn't get Ethan because she's pissed they were together, but I think her feelings for Ethan are genuine.

Quote:
i think its nieve to think that sutton has zero feelings for him. I really dont think thats true at all.

i think her infatution/love, whateever she thinks it is is misguided and dellusional, but i think SHE thinks its real. IMo Ethan is the main reason WHY shes so rude to Emma. If Emma hadnt of immediately gone after him I dont think she would have so much animosity towards her. She still hasnt forgiven emma for it.
ITA. I think what she is feeling for him is real to her. And yeah it is a bit unfair because what Emma did with Ethan wasn't just on her, but on both of them. And she's still punishing Emma for it but not him, but I don't think she's just doing this to get back at Emma. I think she genuinely has feelings for him. I hope she's eventually able to get past it and forgive Emma, because they are both in each other's lives and they are not going anywhere. It's not like before when Sutton didn't know that Emma was biologically related to Laurel and Ted. Laurel and Ted are Emma's family too, and once everyone finds out that Ted is Emma's father and Laurel is her sister, they are not just going to her go back to Vegas. So I hope eventually Sutton is able to move past it.

Quote:
Since the E/T thing started she hasnt cared. So i cant see her suddenly getting mad at Emma about it. It wouldnt amke sense. She could care less about Thayer.
THIS. I just honestly think Sutton doesn't have feelings for him. I'm not even sure she cares that much as a friend. I think it's different for Emma. Yeah, I think she probably has some feelings for Ethan since they just broke up a couple of weeks ago, but I think she actually has feelings for Thayer, where with Sutton, she never really did.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
you're contradicting yourself? first you said that sutton doesnt care about ethan and shes only going after him because of emma, but then you say that she isnt going after thayer because she doesnt carea bout him? it cant be one and the other.

exactly!

i really dont think so. first of all, in Advantage Sutton, Mads came to tell Emma that Thayer was leaving and Sutton knew about them then and didnt care at all. She didnt care in this episode either that Emma/Thayer were together. Since the E/T thing started she hasnt cared. So i cant see her suddenly getting mad at Emma about it. It wouldnt amke sense. She could care less about Thayer.

Honestly I don't think so since when has t she has to try this hard to get Ethan? she had him before so therefore nothing could of stopped her from getting Ethan back, its him falling for Emma is the reason why she is \ suddenly caring about Ethan nothing from her is yelling out.. " Oh I love Ethan so therefore I am going to fight tooth and nail because i honestly want him yeah I don't buy it because so far she hasn't even shown that this is how she feels its up been tied up in lies and manipulation anyway.

And Also if She was geuninely feeling this way.... Then Sutton would of had the realization that lies and manipulation isn't the key to getting what you want. I mean I found her feelings more geunine ( sort of) when she was on the ranch with Ethan than i do right now because at least then she was actually honest about it and not playing some game like she is doing now.

That is why I said we haven't see how Sutton actually acts when she really cares about someone we may start seeing it with her parents but with someone in a relationshipwise we havet yet to see that vulnerable side of her yet they are still buldiing into that.

So right now for me. its hard for me to try to understand how Sutton feels when she still has this resentment over Emma her own sister which is why i question everything else.

Last edited by ~AnastasiaGrey~; 02-01-2013 at 04:22 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, looking back, they weren't so much together as occasionally hooking up. Sutton had a society boyfriend, and however many other flings as she chose. We don't know. We only know that she wasn't inexperienced. She never cared about Ethan's future, or she would have acknowledged him, and tried to keep him out of juvie. She still doesn't care, or she would have tried to help/encourage him to write a paper rather than buying one online for him to get caught cheating.

Ethan was with Sutton because he had a lonely, depressing life, and she was exciting. A risk and forbidden fruit. It doesn't mean he really liked her, just that time with her was more exciting than time alone. He felt it, that she refused to acknowledge him publicly. It lowered his already poor self-esteem. When he experienced the feeling of actually being liked and cared for by someone (Emma) his self-esteem rose enough to allow him to realize that he deserved better than what he had with Sutton.

Sutton has no choice now about keeping Ethan a secret, the deed was done and repercussions were handled by Emma. So, she just wants to return to the status quo of when she left her life. Minus Luke, whom she obviously didn't care about at all by the time she got back from Europe. Even now, as obsessed with getting Ethan back as she is, she still tried to seduce Ryan, and was toying with Jordan. If she had Ethan secure, nothing would stop her from engaging in her casual attractions.

Quote:

I don't think the question has ever been whether Sutton has feelings for Ethan, it is about what kind of feelings she does have. Posessive, competitive, manipulative feelings aren't worthy of our sympathy. If she is misguided and delusional, we don't have to excuse her treatment of Emma. And there is no reason to expect other characters to modify their lives in respect for her delusions. Crazy people are really scary, and Sutton is getting really close to scary IMO.

Quote:
I feel like Sutton's response at this time was more general. Everyone had accepted Emma, and noticed the improvement in "Sutton" Thayer was still on Sutton's side but warned her to not take Emma lightly, to get to know her. I don't think she really felt Thayer was under Emma's influence or on Emma's side. I think anything between Thayer and Emma was the farthest thing from her mind, until SHE set them up to help break Ethan of his care for Emma. IMO, she still thought Emma and Thayer were just friends, but knew it would hurt Ethan to see them together, and hopefully drive him to her. I think it would be a surprise to her if Thayer refused to come to her aid. She thinks of him as HER loyal lapdog. She said it.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Well, looking back, they weren't so much together as occasionally hooking up. Sutton had a society boyfriend, and however many other flings as she chose. We don't know. We only know that she wasn't inexperienced. She never cared about Ethan's future, or she would have acknowledged him, and tried to keep him out of juvie. She still doesn't care, or she would have tried to help/encourage him to write a paper rather than buying one online for him to get caught cheating.

Ethan was with Sutton because he had a lonely, depressing life, and she was exciting. A risk and forbidden fruit. It doesn't mean he really liked her, just that time with her was more exciting than time alone. He felt it, that she refused to acknowledge him publicly. It lowered his already poor self-esteem. When he experienced the feeling of actually being liked and cared for by someone (Emma) his self-esteem rose enough to allow him to realize that he deserved better than what he had with Sutton.

Sutton has no choice now about keeping Ethan a secret, the deed was done and repercussions were handled by Emma. So, she just wants to return to the status quo of when she left her life. Minus Luke, whom she obviously didn't care about at all by the time she got back from Europe. Even now, as obsessed with getting Ethan back as she is, she still tried to seduce Ryan, and was toying with Jordan. If she had Ethan secure, nothing would stop her from engaging in her casual attractions.

I don't think the question has ever been whether Sutton has feelings for Ethan, it is about what kind of feelings she does have. Posessive, competitive, manipulative feelings aren't worthy of our sympathy. If she is misguided and delusional, we don't have to excuse her treatment of Emma. And there is no reason to expect other characters to modify their lives in respect for her delusions. Crazy people are really scary, and Sutton is getting really close to scary IMO.

I feel like Sutton's response at this time was more general. Everyone had accepted Emma, and noticed the improvement in "Sutton" Thayer was still on Sutton's side but warned her to not take Emma lightly, to get to know her. I don't think she really felt Thayer was under Emma's influence or on Emma's side. I think anything between Thayer and Emma was the farthest thing from her mind, until SHE set them up to help break Ethan of his care for Emma. IMO, she still thought Emma and Thayer were just friends, but knew it would hurt Ethan to see them together, and hopefully drive him to her. I think it would be a surprise to her if Thayer refused to come to her aid. She thinks of him as HER loyal lapdog. She said it.
Wow. That's a mouthful.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that I think Sutton's feelings for Ethan are genuine in her own way. I don't it's because she can't have him and she does know about E/T as well and hasen't gone after Thayer. I don't it's because she can't have him.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Strongღ (View Post)
Wow. That's a mouthful.
Ha Ha Jessica! You know me, I always have a few thoughts and usually a lot of words!

Old 02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Ha Ha Jessica! You know me, I always have a few thoughts and usually a lot of words!
You do! I'm glad because I sure as heck can never say that much, so I'm glad you do because I always enjoy reading what you have to say!