Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Oh I see now! It's very cute, all the improvisation
Old 04-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I can see it as well, when you watch the video and scene now, you can clearly see everything Ian and Kat did in that scene.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

They totally became Damon and Bonnie there!
Old 04-15-2017, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I was actually thinking the exact same thing, like WTF? Were they told to just do whatever? because she said everything in that scene before Kai entered was improvised.

[YT]RR_r-CJfnyc[YT]

Okay, re-watching the scene, I'll assume all the magic, nicknames, hope, and crossword talk was ALL in the script and the part about the shopping cart, sunglasses and food was improvised. lol

The scene stopped being improvised after the pork rinds.
They did a great job. Ian wasn't very gentle with the "eggs"
Old 04-16-2017, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

They weren't real eggs?
Old 04-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
They weren't real eggs?
Haha. Probably not. lol Just a prop eggs. lol
Or probably Ann means how Ian said the, "eggs" quote in the middle of the scene? lol
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm confused
Old 04-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm confused
Aww it's okay, we can always switch the discussion. lol
Have you ever read Damon/Bonnie in the books?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

in the original books, yes.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
in the original books, yes.
So, you probably stopped after like 5 like most people? lol
Old 04-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

around then, yes
Old 04-22-2017, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm happy eventually after a looonnnggg wait, their strong friendship from the books came over to the show, it was starting to feel like it was never gonna happen.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

that's a plus. I trust we would've eventually gotten to deeper Bamon if the show continued.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

I recently watched all of Season 7 and was surprised to see that I originally missed more than I thought, having stopped regularly watching the show between seasons 5-8. Since then, I have caught up on Bamon scenes on Youtube. I find I have to revise my assessment of the show a bit--perhaps I was too hasty to criticize the writers about some things. Damon's character evolved more than I thought, for example. He was actually pretty well-behaved in the beginning of S7 for having just lost Elena. (In the middle of the season things got more murky.)

What stands out the most is that there was more Bamon than I originally thought! Of course Ian and Kat gave it to us in their acting of the scenes, which was awesome, but I think that the writers gave us a lot too-it was just not as obvious as their other relationships. While they wanted Bamon fans to keep watching the show of course, I don't think they were just leading us on.

I really got the impression that Bonnie in particular was feeling very close to Damon. They chose to frame the episodes with important scenes from "Three Years in the Future" and chose one of them to be Bonnie in the mental hospital talking about losing someone important. This referred of course to Damon's decision to desiccate in the coffin--the pivot point of the entire season--his abandoning the two closest to him: Stefan and Bonnie. A decision he made after Bonnie almost died because of him. So I do think the writers came close to Bamon; at the same time, they used this plot point to end any possibility of a romance between them.

They made it clear that, although they would remain close, Damon had to end up with Elena. Because Damon had abandoned Bonnie, she moved on with someone else, someone who had also been betrayed by Damon--Enzo. They foreshadowed this with some interactions between Enzo and Bonnie during the "present day" where Enzo seemed jealous of Bonnie's loyalty to Damon. It was only after Bonnie had moved on that Damon responded with obvious jealousy!

I'd rather have Bamon, but I am glad the writers paired Bonnie up with someone who would love her as absolutely as she loves, and Damon just wasn't ready. I've always liked Enzo, whose snark masked a deep need to be loved, although I often didn't understand why he did things. I wasn't convinced why he would risk so much to keep her from the armory, for he had switched sides so many times it made my head spin. My initial impression also holds that we did need to see more of he and Bonnie actually falling in love. What we got was sweet and cute, but Enzo in particular, seemed to become prince charming overnight, and he had been almost as screwed up as Damon!

Bottom line: I am grateful for the Bamon the writers gave us, but sad that they were so hell-bent on pairing Damon and Elena. They still gave us great scenes between them--but always tempered with some reference to Elena to remind us that "it ain't gonna happen"! It couldn't, because Elena went to sleep in love with Damon, the actress couldn't come back for much, and Elena had to have a happy ending. As I (and others) posted in the Stelena thread, it could have been different, and better I believe, if they hadn't wasted so much time before she went into that coma. Too much DE, too little growth for Damon's character, too little time spent bringing Elena back to Stefan (as they claim they intended all along, and it always made the most sense to me). Nina probably wanted to leave because she was so bored! It's not all the writers' fault--some of it is the reality of TV where the network wants a show on the air as long as it has enough fans. However, it meant we'd also never see the fruition of Bamon. I still feel that Bonnie and Stefan were better for Damon than Elena, despite Elena being the initial catalyst for Damon's redemption. Damon also influenced Bonnie for good: she began to demand better for herself. On the other hand, Damon might have dragged Bonnie down with him, the way he did Stefan, so at least she was spared that. She finally got to live her own life: have a great love, see the world, instead of giving up everything for others all the time! I just wish Damon had arrived at a healthier place to do that with her! I'll revise my initial assessment after I watch all of Season 6, and maybe all of 5, if I can stomach it. (Recently I accidentally saw a scene from Season 4 where Elena is wailing about Damon--again--and it made me want to hurl, so I doubt it.)
Old 04-23-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I completely agree with your post and without a doubt, Bonnie was more healthier for Damon and really made him do better with actions.
I agree that being around Damon made Bonnie care more about herself and not be so easily to self sacrifice herself, so that was definitely the positive.