Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Meanwhile, Declan (who I want to like because Connor Paolo is adorable) is Charlotte's plus one at the anniversary dinner, but is uncomfortable the whole time (and suffered a slight aneurysm because the many forks confounded him), and makes an actual scene (because poor, gritty, regular people always do that at society functions), and storms out. I wasn't paying close attention to him after that, but I think he died.
this part cracked me up too. because i really do want to like declan coz i adore connor but his character just bugs the hell out of me.

and i loved this comment from one of the readers:

Quote:
I've been checking out this series every few weeks with on-and-off interest, but with last night's reveal of two main bi characters (and a five-second glimpse of the two ripping each others' clothes off in bed), I am definitely in it for the long haul. But besides being really, really hot, this reveal, was actually kind of a groundbreaking step forward in bi visibility on American television. And I truly wish I'd had shows like this around when I was discovering my homosexuality three years ago.

When I was growing up, all the TV shows I watched ("Friends," "Everybody Loves Raymond," etc.) sent me the very clear message, "It's totally okay for other people to be gay, but god forbid someone think you're one of them!" The summer before 7th Grade, it was during an episode of "Friends" where Chandler goes to visit his drag queen father that I got a flash of recognition and realized why I'd been so interested in dudes' abs for the last couple of months. I panicked, becuase I couldn't tell anyone without them getting the idea that I was gay, and god knows I wasn't one of them!

It took me a year of discovering more inclusive TV shows that had gays and lesbians as main characters and power couples ("Grey's Anatomy," "Ugly Betty," etc.") to get rid of the idea in my head of gays as Other People.

It makes me so happy to think of some gay or bisexual 12-year-old boy out there who got to sit down last night and see a gay Loveably Quirky Sitcom Couple, a gay Video Game-Playing Slackster, a bisexual Soap Villain, and a bisexual Computer Hacker Antihero all in one 2-hour block of TV.

And given this block's massive audience (Last night, Modern Family got 13.3 million viewers, Happy Endings got 7.6 million viewers, and Revenge got 8.6 million.), I'm willing to bet at least one 12-year-old had their "So that's why I'm interested in guys so much!" moment last night. And becuase they were raised on better television, they'll be able to accept themselves way faster than me, maybe even right away.

Plus, they actually used the word "Kinsey Scale" on the show. As opposed to "Glee," which will call bisexual girls "bicurious" and bi guys just gay and in denial, "Revenge" had a main male character casually and confidently mention that he was equally attracted to dudes and chicks. Maybe some bi teen out there who thought guys could only be straight or gay will discover who they are from this show and the upcoming love triangle between two bi guys and a straight girl.

The point being, even if we didn't get a gay kiss last night, "Revenge" still took a big step forward in making sure that the next generation, the one growing up on this season's TV shows, will be even more LGBT-accepting than than the current one is. And that deserves praise.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Really love that comment Thanks for bringing it over
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ratings News - January 4th 2012 *** Full table included***

2.5 adults 18-49, up 4%. Had 7.956 total viewers.

Duress review from Cinemablend.com

Last edited by Hot Rod; 01-05-2012 at 02:21 PM
Old 01-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ratings News - January 11th 2012 *** Full table included***

dropped a tenth to a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating. Had 7.51 total viewers. Not much of a surprise that the ratings dropped with the People`s Choice Awards airing opposite. Thankfully it was only a tenth, but still we need to do our parts to boost the ratings on the show.

Also here`s a review of Infamy from Daemon`s TV.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ratings News - January 18th 2012 *** Full table included***

Went up 4% to a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating. Had 7.582 total viewers. Nice to see show`s rating going up.

Also here`s a review of Commitment from Entertainment Weekly
Old 02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ratings News - February 8th 2012

(7.58 million viewers, #7; adults 18-49: 2.5, #T8). Matched a 12-week high in Adults 18-49 – since 11/16/11 and produced substantial year-over-year improvement for ABC in Wednesday’s 10 o’clock hour, surging by 2.0 million viewers and by 32% in Adults 18-49 over first-run drama programming on the year-ago evening (“Off The Map” on 2/9/11 = 5.6 million and 1.9/5).

Great job everyone on doing our parts in getting the best ratings for the show in a while. Lets keep up the good work and go for a new high on the ratings for next week`s episode.

Also here`s a review of Perception from TV Fanatic.com and another one from Television Without Pity.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really glad Revenge is steady and improving in rating with the way ABC keeps preempting it.

RIP JoJo. Love you. Best friend that anybody can have.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Yeah...it's wonderful! ABC has been so wacky with the random breaks that it speaks volumes that it's still doing well in the ratings.

I think next episode will pull in the BIG numbers seeing as how it's the answer to the cliffhanger from the Pilot.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Agreed, it's absolutely wonderful that they're able to continue with great ratings despite the frequent breaks. While it draws viewers in for the returning episodes they often also get tired of waiting.

So this is great news!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Revenge is next to Once Upon a Time for me for favourited new tv shows this year. Both these shows are doing wonderfully great!

These ratings made me smile! keep it up, Madeleine, Emily, Christa and cast and crew!

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveSaunders (View Post)
Revenge is next to Once Upon a Time for me for favourited new tv shows this year. Both these shows are doing wonderfully great!
Mine too.. and TLG & Ringer

I have no idea what the numbers mean, but if everbody says the ratings are doing good, I'm happy..

Btw.. how many episodes will season 1 have?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Australian ratings for the first ep

Quote:
AUSSIE TV viewers love Revenge.

The debut of Channel 7’s Dynasty-style drama was seen by a monster 2.067 million viewers nationally last night.

Revenge crushed Nine’s new Alcatraz which locked up 1.133 million viewers. Ten’s NCIS: Los Angeles languished on a dismal 367,000 viewers.

Revenge stars Emily VanCamp (Brothers and Sisters) as the vengeful Emily Thorne, who returns to the Hamptons to wreak havoc on the people who sent her father to prison.

Revenge co-stars Madeleine Stowe (Last of the Mohicans) as glamorous matriarch Victoria Grayson.

Earlier in the evening Seven’s cooking show My Kitchen Rules dominated with 1.673 million viewers.
May not sound like much, but that's huge for a new show!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting this rating news Kellie. I`m very happy that the show debuted very well Down Under.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ratings News - February 15th, 2012

Finishing a strong #2 during the 10pm hour, ABC freshman drama Revenge dominated NBC’s veteran L&O: SVU in viewers (+31%) and young adults (+41%). In addition, the Disney-owned drama once again finished #1 in the hour with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
· ABC’s Revenge produced huge year-over-year improvement in Wednesday’s 10 o’clock hour, jumping by 77% in Total Viewers and by 60% in Adults 18-49 over first-run drama programming on the year-ago evening (Off The Map on 2/16/11). Averaged nearly 7.6 million viewers and a 2.4 key demo rating for a heavily promoted episode.

Great job everyone on doing your parts to help get those pretty good numbers for last night`s episode. Lets keep up the good work and boost the numbers some more for the next episode in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rating News - February 29, 2012

Finishing a strong #2 during the 10pm hour, ABC freshman drama Revenge dominated NBC’s veteran L&O: SVU in viewers (+37%) and Adults 18-49 (+50%). In addition, the Disney-owned drama continued to rank #1 in its hour with Adults 18-34 and key Women (W18-34/W18-49). ABC’s Revenge marked a huge year-over-year improvement during Wednesday’s 10 o’clock hour, leaping by 48% in Total Viewers and by 41% in Adults 18-49 over first-run drama programming on the same night last year (Off The Map).:

Another solid showing in the ratings , although they would be higher if ABC stop with this crap where they air an episode and then take a hiatus the next week, which is annoying me to no end.

Also here are a couple of reviews of last night`s episode from Huffington Post and TV Fanatic.com.