Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

There has to be a little mixed in there for Emily. I think she does have real feelings for him.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

yes she does have real feelings for him. If you watched revenge from ems perspective (you can find it on youtube), she admit her feelings for him is real and his love disarming. But recently on interview about the lovesquare, mike (writers) said emily doesn't love him. So i don't understand what's on his mind.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

She definitely had feelings for him and it was clear last season, but not anymore. I still think she wouldn't try to hurt him and hope she will understand he can't be blamed for what his parents did.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that there's a fine line between Emily's feelings (just like there's that say that a fine line divides love and hate). I agree that she had them and was accepting the fact that she had those feelings for him last season but shut them down once things didn't go as she expected to.

But, and this might be my shipper side speaking louder, I sensed some foreshadowing when Nolan told her that Daniel actually was a good person last episode... I don't know but I thought that, somehow, it was pretty big since Nolan plays a lot of times the rational one
Old 05-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Gosh, it's been awhile since I last posted in this thread. I don't know how to feel about tonight's episode yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourselfin (View Post)
But, and this might be my shipper side speaking louder, I sensed some foreshadowing when Nolan told her that Daniel actually was a good person last episode... I don't know but I thought that, somehow, it was pretty big since Nolan plays a lot of times the rational one
I thought that too but I feel like they've been beating us over the head with all of the Emily doesn't love Daniel crap and then tonight with Aiden saying to Daniel when they were fighting that he "claims" to love Emily.

Daniel having the gunshot wound... They better not kill him off next season or I will be PISSED. I'll stop watching the show too.

That being said, there is a part of me that's hopeful that Emily will see Daniel for the good guy that he is deep down. I want her to feel conflicted for using him in her revenge scheme b/c she feels something for him and knows that he doesn't deserve it. I think that's been my biggest problem with this season b/c Emily's been so cold and calculating and I just don't feel sorry for her plight anymore.

To me, Emily has become no better than Conrad and Victoria this season. Well, until this episode where Conrad upped the ante and pretty much put himself fullly in villian territory. Then there was all this Aiden stuff and... I just really need him to GO AWAY. Ugh, I can't take another season with him in it...
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 05-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBudgrl8 (View Post)
I don't know how to feel about tonight's episode yet.
Me neither. At the same time that, overall I think I liked it since I had a good time watching it but I still have mixed feelings about certain plots (I thought that Declan's death was a mess, btw)

But, there's one thing that I kept on my mind almost all the time: from the three men that are the official love interests for Emily, we had Aiden who judged her, did things behind her back and lied to her. Had Jack who was flipping out on her since Amanda's death and then, we had Daniel. The guy that if anyone comes to think about is the only one who NEVER judged Emily when he knew something about her past (for exemple, when he knew that she went to juvie), he understood (mostly because he comes from a family that has much more on their hands) and loved her since the day he met her (as he told Conrad on last week's episode). On top of that, he always tried to protect her when she had some iminent risk that he knew about.
And it became very clear on this episode. While everything was exploding and going down, his only concern was Emily (even if she looked annoyed when they met at Grayson Global on the first hour). For me, this tells a lot (and my point being: Emily has no motives to not have feelings for Daniel's persona when all he has done so far was to protect himself and her)

Then we had the Aiden stuff and ugh to anyone who's mad at Daniel for probably killing him. Damn, he knew that the guy was somehow dangerous, he had just been arrested (and went from having no rights to a lawyer to being free before Nolan was arrested. I do think that he put Nolan under the bus) was on Emily's house when she wasn't there and almost killed him. He must've had enough from Aiden to that point and he wasn't willing to let Emily go just because the guy said so. He saw the gun, he knew that in a fair fight he wouldn't win... I just can't take if they use it to "prove" how Daniel is a Grayson. What we had the most on this episode was him stepping away from his family's schemings (I know that he went to Conrad's speech but, that's where Emily was, right? His first intentions were of not going there), at this point, it would be exhausting to have EVERY SINGLE TIME that Daniel decides to get the hell away from his family, suddenly, there's something that doesn't have a thing to do with it dragging him back into it.
Aiden should've been gone when Emily told him to on the first hour of the episode and I do wish that it was the last we saw of him.

Somehow, I feel intrigued about what's going to happen now that Emily revealed herself to jack (what was also a mess. After TWO YEARS the guy realizes that just by looking at her? Oh, PLU EASE. I know that she said with all the words, but the flashbacks had me rolling my eyes). It would be suspicious at least if she bailed on Daniel again just like "No, lol, realized again that it's my destiny to be with Jack" and if Jack was flipping out just by her half truths and all, I wonder how he's going to react knowing that two years of his life had been a lie, including his wedding AND SON (which, was left without any care during those last two episodes. Because hadn't Jack's mother disappeared on them? I doubt that he left baby Carl with Kara ).
Also the fact that we still have at least one more season to go and Mike isn't in charge anymore add to all of it.

(and one of my favorite scenes, or that I laughed a lot, was when Emily was arguing with Aiden, her phone rings and it's Daniel and Aiden is all "for this once don't answer" and she's like "lol, nope" and answers)
Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm watching this episode live and Daniel keeps getting the shaft. Emily looks annoyed even when he hugs her.

Aiden really needs to GTFO!

Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just read this among some comments from last night's finale and that's so true:
Quote:
I actually think that the writers missed the boat in having Daniel secretly work against his family and have Emily truly fall for him which would make her revenge plot more difficult. But noooo. Since people seem to actually prefer Daniel/Emily, they writers couldn't have that.
I'd say that it's not too late to pull that, if well constructed (I mean, Daniel showed being sick of everything one more time last night, so...). But I also know that the chances of that happening are of like .001% (unless the new guy in charge has some revolutionary ideas, then I would love him forever, basically) while it could've easily happened on season 1 before that floptastic interview on ep 19
Old 05-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree! The idea of Emily falling in love with a member of the Grayson family would have been perfect, so I am surprised they went with the child hood 9 year old Disney fairy tale thing. The love would conflict with her whole vengeance thing, especially since "love" for her father is the whole point of it. (Love is the driving force)

This is my signature
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadCAT (View Post)
I agree! The idea of Emily falling in love with a member of the Grayson family would have been perfect, so I am surprised they went with the child hood 9 year old Disney fairy tale thing. The love would conflict with her whole vengeance thing, especially since "love" for her father is the whole point of it. (Love is the driving force)

Yup and also because you had Daniel growing tired of his parents and finally seeing a way of getting out of it all. In some way, his life was kind of destroyed by his parents and their choices. So if everything goes smooth for Emily, at the end you would have everyone in ruins (including her) trying to recollect their lives. It would be a chance for Daniel to start over and he would be the one to know first hand everything that happened. Their experiences would be pretty much the same
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by findyourselfin (View Post)
Yup and also because you had Daniel growing tired of his parents and finally seeing a way of getting out of it all. In some way, his life was kind of destroyed by his parents and their choices. So if everything goes smooth for Emily, at the end you would have everyone in ruins (including her) trying to recollect their lives. It would be a chance for Daniel to start over and he would be the one to know first hand everything that happened. Their experiences would be pretty much the same
That's a good point

I'm glad there is a new director/producer or whatever? Because that guy was dead set on Jack being Emily's "end game." I don't want to know Emily's end game when the series isn't even close to finishing, where is the fun in that?. I rather be surprised and see what happens along the way. So I at least have some optimism that they'll see the possibilities of the Daniel/Emily thing. It's a bit star-crossed, but I like it much better than childhood sweethearts.

This is my signature
Old 05-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadCAT (View Post)
That is what I thought was happening in season one but then it was all just dropped towards the end.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

What I know is that the new showrunner was working with Mike since the beginning of the second season, so he'll probably continue on this path. And Mike will be still there as a consultant.
But if Daniel now knows the truth about Emily and help her somehow (I wrote about it on Daniel's thread) maybe Emily will fall for him
But there's also the possibility he will hate her and it's understandable. Maybe this time will be his decision to not marry her. Or Emily will decide to not marry him after what happened with Jack. It depends on Jack basically. If he understands her motives he could be ok with her planning against the Graysons and staying close to Daniel.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

i love this BTS pic from the finale, i wish emily really searching for daniel. if i didn't know it was for jack or if i didn't watch this show and didn't know what's with this all about, i'm gonna think this couple really love each other.

source
Old 05-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pally (View Post)
It depends on Jack basically. If he understands her motives he could be ok with her planning against the Graysons and staying close to Daniel.
That's... frustrating to reach to a point where Emily's next moves depends on Jack (and for me, lately, he wasn't sounding like the forgiving persona that he once was), since as they said, he would be the only person that she would drop revenge for.

And I don't think that we will be entirely on Mike's path next season, otherwise, we wouldn't have the change on showrunners (because, yes, I don't believe that Mike stepped away just because the 13 episodes thing) a few things, maybe, but I guess that we may have a few changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_2307 (View Post)
Ugh, I loved the finale bts but this one is the winner... by far.
and there're people still saying that they don't have chemistry