Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
Will she end up insane like Sister Jude from American Horror Story (Ultimately leading to her being truly defeated) or will she come back more evil and twisted than ever?
Sister Jude I love AHS btw

I think we haven't see the last of Victoria's evil side. She will definitely come for blood. I mean, Daniel will get her out of the hospital, right?

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)

I think we haven't see the last of Victoria's evil side. She will definitely come for blood. I mean, Daniel will get her out of the hospital, right?
Probably, or maybe even Patrick. But she has actually been officially institutionalized there because of Dr Banks so that means she could be there for a few months at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
3.)Daniel-In the beginning,she did love him.
I don't think Ems ever 'loved' Daniel, not true love. She cared for him and felt compassion because of his background but that was as far as it went IMO.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

If his secret hasn't come out,then yes. It won't be for a few episodes, though.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, tell that to the show runner
The thing is that we don't buy it and take issue with the writing. And people are entitled to that. I don't think this needs to be a war. We just see things differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Exactly. Jack has been a part of this show since the pilot, and his connection with Emily as adults was established the day Emily returned to the Hamptons. S1 built their friendship and established that they were in love with each other but had lousy timing. Emily has risked her life for him and she was willing to give up her revenge for him, something -- as Nolan pointed out -- she was unwilling to do for Aiden.

So I'm truly baffled by this idea that Jack is somehow taking over Aiden's place. Aiden took over Jack's place in S2 (just like he took over Daniel's place as Emily's lover and Nolan's place as Emily's revenge partner), and all his death means is that Jack is getting his place back, as he was always going to, because Jack/Emily's relationship is one of the show's hearts.
Which is why they couldn't do that to Jack. He couldn't be the guy that fuelled Emily's revenge in S4.. he'll be her happiness at the end of all of this.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:49 AM
New Fan

Loved the finale! A little sad that Aiden is gone. I did like his relationship with Emily the most out of the three of them. I haven't really cared for Jack&Emily since season one so let's see where it goes.

Quote:
Lol what? Are you forgetting a little something she did in 2x13? She is very capable of cold blooded murder.
Very true! I am shocked Victoria was the one to kill him with a hands on approach, though, but as you say, it's not like she hasn't done something like it before. To say it is out of her character, like others have, is ridiculous all in itself. She is not a nice person and seeing her screaming at Emily while she walked away at the end was brilliant. The seasons in the making and it was awesome.

I do hope, however, that we see Victoria next season. She is such a captivating character and, as evil as she is, she is grand. Her actress is too. Surely Emily will stop by every now and then, right?

Oh, and David Clarke is alive... Maybe. It could have been a dream sequence. Having Conrad freed, by the security guard who despised him and wanted him dead by his own hands might I add, and stabbed by no other than David Clarke... A little convenient.

Not sure what I think about him being alive if it wasn't a dream, however. It could really turn into something special. I'm optimistic about it. The producers have said that they had a four season line up since the beginning. This isn't something they just tossed in at the last second for some extra views, but something that was planned rather early.

Also, I just wanted to point out that David never told Emily to go seeking revenge for him. He never told her to do what she did. Emily did that on her own accord, to fill an empty space inside of herself. Actually, it was David who told her to do the opposite. He told her to forgive, something she wouldn't hear of.

My final thought... Was it possible that David said to forgive, not the Graysons and everyone who framed him, but himself? Victoria might be right. David was not the man we see in the flashbacks. He might be more twisted and sick than all the Graysons put together.

Just my thoughts.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by experience (View Post)
Loved the finale! A little sad that Aiden is gone. I did like his relationship with Emily the most out of the three of them. I haven't really cared for Jack&Emily since season one so let's see where it goes.

Very true! I am shocked Victoria was the one to kill him with a hands on approach, though, but as you say, it's not like she hasn't done something like it before. To say it is out of her character, like others have, is ridiculous all in itself. She is not a nice person and seeing her screaming at Emily while she walked away at the end was brilliant. The seasons in the making and it was awesome.

I do hope, however, that we see Victoria next season. She is such a captivating character and, as evil as she is, she is grand. Her actress is too. Surely Emily will stop by every now and then, right?

Oh, and David Clarke is alive... Maybe. It could have been a dream sequence. Having Conrad freed, by the security guard who despised him and wanted him dead by his own hands might I add, and stabbed by no other than David Clarke... A little convenient.

Not sure what I think about him being alive if it wasn't a dream, however. It could really turn into something special. I'm optimistic about it. The producers have said that they had a four season line up since the beginning. This isn't something they just tossed in at the last second for some extra views, but something that was planned rather early.

Also, I just wanted to point out that David never told Emily to go seeking revenge for him. He never told her to do what she did. Emily did that on her own accord, to fill an empty space inside of herself. Actually, it was David who told her to do the opposite. He told her to forgive, something she wouldn't hear of.

My final thought... Was it possible that David said to forgive, not the Graysons and everyone who framed him, but himself? Victoria might be right. David was not the man we see in the flashbacks. He might be more twisted and sick than all the Graysons put together.

Just my thoughts.
Yeah but it's still a bit contradictory. Victoria always has seemed to feel guilty of what happened to David (you see her present face after flashbacks in S1) and now suddenly she knew he was a bad apple all long? And the producers have basically confirmed Conrads death was real. I think David orchestrated the whole thing and the Jail guard was his henchman.

Last edited by jenaya; 05-12-2014 at 06:59 AM
Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Extreme Fan

lol how is david still alive? puh-lease
and on top of that he killed conrad in cold blood? smh (man, conrad is a dck, but he is a character i love to hate, gonna miss him)

i really don't like that the whole premise of this show is getting ruined tbh, they better have a darn good explanation on that front, but how explain the inexplicable?

didn't give a sht about daniel/margaux blah blah, kinda sad that aiden died that particular way even though i never liked him much, jack with the popo through charlotte was predictable so, idk the highlight was emily getting victoria into the ward, now that was a twist. (i won't call david being alive a twist, because that seems more like a stinking con for now)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Sadly, I think the writers felt like they had to amp up the "Emily loves Aiden" stuff to try to make his death more meaningful. But it just wasn't necessary. All it did was make it a little more obvious that he was going to be dead by the end of the episode.
The second she said "I love you" to him, I knew he was a goner. I knew it. I already felt like he was dead in the finale a few episodes before this one but that ILY clinched it for me.

I really think it was lazy writing because it just didn't add up at all. Emily wasn't like that with Aiden up until this point. It's so lame that suddenly she was acting in this manner. It was all for extra drama and entirely unrealistic.

Quote:
I also think this is a case of the writers trying to have their cake and eat it, too, which is what I was scared of happening: they know that there's one camp that loves Jack and one camp that loves Aiden. Instead of allowing Emily to make a real choice, they had Jack hide his feelings from her all season so she could be with Aiden. Now Aiden's dead, which leaves her free to be with Jack. Maybe they felt that was the only way to do it that wouldn't offend one camp or the other?
It's very, very possible. I bet you are right.

In all true honesty, I do feel sorry for the Emily/Aiden fans because the way Aiden died was horrific. Wow, I never expected it to be that brutal. It was really drawn out and heartbreaking if you were a fan of Aiden and Emily/Aiden. Of course, I didn't feel much since I was just glad he was getting off the screen. I have to be honest here.

But yes, I did think of the shipper group because that death was bad.

The concern I have is that they will now make it seem like Jack is the second choice. Why that bothers me is because if you watch the series and follow Emily/Jack, you know that's not true and will never be the reality. Still, in a way, I think the better route would have been keeping Aiden around (for as much as I can't stand him) and showing that whether he lived or died, Emily was going to end up with Jack.

I love what you said in another post about how poetic it was that the day Emily finally gets revenge for her father's death (well, fake death now lol) is the day Aiden dies. That's because his role is no longer in play anymore. I think that speaks volumes and proves that they were not meant to be. He was meant to help her with her plan until the very end but beyond that, nothing more would transpire between them.

Quote:
Absolutely, that was my favorite moment. Wonderfully played by NW and EVC. As fitting as it was that Nolan shared the moment with her when Conrad confessed, it was just as fitting that Jack shared the moment with her when she found out David was cleared. Even before Nolan entered the lives of the Clarkes, little Jack was there playing on the beach with Amanda and David.
It was beautiful.

Quote:
Speaking of which...

I have to admit, part of me thinks it's funny that Emily spent three years on long, drawn-out revenge in David's name, and then David shows up and just stabs Conrad and drives off.

What's less funny is the idea that David let Emily grow up without him. There had better be a damn good explanation for that, but I'm worried there won't be. Or that we're supposed to accept David as evil now or something.
I know! I hope that David is not in his right frame of mind, he's brainwashed or just totally crazy right now due to everything that has happened to him. Otherwise, I will never be convinced that this guy is not, deep down, the same father Emily once knew. There's no way. Something has happened to him right now and hopefully it's only temporary.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-12-2014 at 07:55 AM
Old 05-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

Don't worry, J/E shippers. Next season, Emily will make declarations about how Jack is the true love of her life.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Well, that's the thing. I think both Aiden/Emily and Jack/Emily shippers will agree that there were endless signs pointing towards an eventual Emily/Jack romance. That has been in play since day 1 and there hasn't been a season that has ignored this. There has been slow build up for that. This was happening regardless of whether or not Aiden lived or died.

I am not saying it's a given that Emily and Jack end up together and that's already set in stone. For all I know, she could have ended up with Aiden at the end of the series. We don't know. But I think if everyone is honest, it's obvious that Jack and Emily were going to be explored romantically regardless.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-12-2014 at 08:09 AM
Old 05-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Everyone was so great last night, but Madeleine Stowe rocking it!!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrika (View Post)
Hoping it's nightmare. Watch those last two scenes closely and read between the lines of what Sunil (show runner) is saying. 'Revenge' post-mortem: EP breaks down the finale's biggest twists | Inside TV | EW.com
IMO now I am thinking it’s a Victoria’s dream, not Conrad, of what she’d like to happen (David Clarke getting revenge on Conrad). In article, Sunil warned to closely watch the last two scenes. Well, we see a hazy, foggy image of Conrad walking down the street before a hooded David Clarke appears and stabs him. As he bleeds out and David’s truck backs away, it fades to white with the next scene being Victoria waking from her shovel induced beating in the psych ward. Conrad isn’t dead, folks, and Sunil’s answers above about that very topic are telling indeed.

Hoping this cliffhanger is a dream..please. Or I'm done with REVENGE.
I like your idea and hope it's correct! But... reading the article, Sunil keep saying things like "and, obviously, David Clark himself is back to clear up a lot of the things that have happened to him in the last 20 years" and how they will explain him being alive and Emily dealing with that... it seems like UNFORTUNATELY David Clarke is really alive... although I am still holding out hope that Conrad is still alive too!

Last edited by cassandrann1; 05-12-2014 at 09:01 AM
Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
- Daniel is horrible now, i'm convinced he is more evil than both his parents. At least they kill with motive, he killed that prostitute for what reason again exactly?
I don't think Daniel killed the prostitute? Gideon said he paid her in coke and she didn't know her own limit, so it sounds like it was an accidental overdose (if Gideon was telling the truth).
Old 05-12-2014, 08:37 AM
New Fan

Quote:
How did Victoria know that Aiden would go to Michelle of all people though? Did she ring up her weeks before in advance to let her know if he would ever come and visit?
Yes I considered the same thing, then I thought, it's Revenge, somehow (when it serves the interest of the writers) the characters know exactly how everyone else will react to events they set in motion and how to get other people to do exactly what they want them to do (or will even know beforehand what other characters are planning to do so they can thwart the plans!)...
Old 05-12-2014, 08:55 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
If she loved Aiden that much,why did she treat him like crap? He left her twice because he was tired of it. If he hadn't killed her father, Niko would have had a life with him and treated him like gold.

It was a more interesting triangle than with Daniel since both men know the real Emily/Amanda,but she never treated Jack the way she treated Aiden.

Aiden tried,but she pushed him away,jerked him around and god knows what. I get why he wasn't necessarily there for her during the beginning of the blackouts, too. I mean,she put the sword where Niko could find it,she dumped him to keep going on her quest and she randomly threw herself at him after breaking his heart. Why else would he leave? It feels like he was her safety net and he wasn't allowed to leave her so she wouldn't be alone.
I completely agree. I am not a Jack/Emily fan, but I never really believed her connection with Aiden. Someone said he always supported her and was always there for her, but I remember (after Aiden found out Colleen was dead), he walked away from her when she needed him. They were able to walk away from each other too easily on multiple occasions. I don't feel like she treated Aiden like she loved him, she just used him when it was convenient or she needed someone. I don't remember when it was, but I think she came to her beachhouse really upset one time, and he was there, and they slept on the couch. The next morning she told him that he didn't mean anything to her, he was just physically there when she needed someone.