Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I don't even know what to say...

I hated Aiden so good riddance. I found it ridiculous that Nolan shed a tear. They weren't even close.

Conrad dying, I was afraid of. That sucks. I love the actor and now the character is no longer. Sucks.

David Clarke being shown at the end is both shocking and ridiculous. I can't believe he not only is alive but murdered Conrad. Victoria was apparently not lying when she told Emily that David is not who she thinks he is. Or something is not as it appears, I don't know.

Charlotte was a nitwit for what she did to Jack.

I am definitely watching next season, but I need time to digest what we just saw on the screen. Some of it sucks big time.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-11-2014 at 08:31 PM
Old 05-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

The last scene with Victoria and Emily was brilliant, but I am so disappointed that David is alive. That's so cliche.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:21 PM
New Fan

David Clarke being alive is BS and completely defeats the purpose of the entire show.
I don't know if i will continue watching. I hope that part is a hallucination of Conrad in jail. After all, the guard who helped him to 'escape' from jail was one of those who hated him.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I hated Aiden so good riddance. I found it ridiculous that Nolan shred a tear. They weren't even close.
I could not believe Nolan's reaction. Yes, the show was trying to sell a "bromance" there or whatever, and Nolan's got a big heart, but saying he loved Aiden and acting so devastated that he'd be on board with Emily throwing her life away on another quest for revenge?

I felt like Jack was probably sitting there going, "WTF man? Are you serious right now?"

Quote:
Conrad dying, I was afraid of. That sucks. I love the actor and now the character is no longer. Sucks.
Conrad was so entertaining. I'm going to miss the Arctic Pools.

Quote:
I am definitely watching next season, but I need time to digest what we just saw on the screen. Some of it sucks big time.
I feel the same way I did about the Sherlock S3 finale a few months ago. I'll still watch S4, but I need to lower my expectations. Nothing good comes when my expectations are too high.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I cannot believe they made David Clark alive!!! It actually makes no sense what so ever and the whole show is pointless!!! I am so pissed......
I guess it was their only point to have this show for Season 4....

But still.... Why David Clark made his own daugther to go through this??? Why he didn't kill Conrad sooner (I guess he waited for being cleared first). Was he living in that cabin where Victoria's man was fighting wth Emily? Was Victoria aware of him being alive? Because she told Emily something about "gift to her" and I thought she was referring to the ring.

I hated they ended this season with Jack being placed in jail... They did this with Nolan last time and it's getting old. I knew the way Jack touched Charlotte's shoulder will bite him sooner or later...

I am not looking into Margo and her crazy brother story. Daniel will be jailed for murder of that girl, but Margo's brother is a really sick person I am not looking to see again at all. Let's wish Margo and her brother will move to Paris by beginning of next season...

How long Victoria will be in this facility? Until someone from her family (Daniel or CHarlotte) will get there I guess?! Or do we have to see Patrick again coming back in the picture to help his mommy? I wish Emily would kill her instead knowing the history (she can get away with anything pretty much)...

I feel bad for Aiden. I rather see him moving somewhere far far away instead being killed.

And the main question, why we had to see so many watered episodes this season? Why they had to make the only episode full of events as a season finale???

P.S. I cannot believe David is alive and made his little girl live in foster families, being treated bad, going through horrible times and killing people and he was just watching from behind the rock??? Emily supposed to hate him for that. What a poor young lady she is having crazy mom she never talk and care about and such a horrible dad.......
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I could not believe Nolan's reaction. Yes, the show was trying to sell a "bromance" there or whatever, and Nolan's got a big heart, but saying he loved Aiden and acting so devastated that he'd be on board with Emily throwing her life away on another quest for revenge?

I felt like Jack was probably sitting there going, "WTF man? Are you serious right now?"
I know it! That was so lame and unrealistic. For that matter, I think it's pretty unrealistic that Emily told Aiden she loved him and acted like he was her one true love. Sorry, I don't believe it for a second. That was all unrealistically played up for Aiden's shocking death. It didn't add up to what we actually saw on the screen. Did she care about and love him? Yes, but not remotely in the way that they're making it seem.

Quote:
Conrad was so entertaining. I'm going to miss the Arctic Pools.
LOL! Me too.

Quote:
I feel the same way I did about the Sherlock S3 finale a few months ago. I'll still watch S4, but I need to lower my expectations. Nothing good comes when my expectations are too high.
The best scene for me (which shouldn't come as a shock) is when Emily shared the moment of finding out her father was cleared with Jack. That was a wonderful moment that appropriately was between Emily and Jack.

I just can't even with David being alive... I pray something isn't as it seems. Maybe he's a clone (lol) or was brainwashed or something is off with him. Otherwise, this is just not a fun direction they are going.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrika (View Post)
I was loving the episode until this part. Unnecessary. It killed the premise of the show. Maybe this cliffhanger is a dream of Conrad in jail.
Maybe.... I would like that much better! Or maybe Conrad somehow survives...
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Although I think it's always been pretty obvious that Emily would eventually end up with Jack, I think she also loved Aiden. She wanted to start a life with him at the end of the mid-season finale and I think that she felt that he was probably the only one she could build a life with especially when it looked that like there was no hope for her and Jack. They definitely played it up in the last few episodes so that his death could have a huge impact on her but I think she loved him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 05-11-2014 at 08:55 PM
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I know it! That was so lame and unrealistic. For that matter, I think it's pretty unrealistic that Emily told Aiden she loved him and acted like he was her one true love. Sorry, I don't believe it for a second. That was all unrealistically played up for Aiden's shocking death. It didn't add up to what we actually saw on the screen. Did she care about and love him? Yes, but not remotely in the way that they're making it seem.
Sadly, I think the writers felt like they had to amp up the "Emily loves Aiden" stuff to try to make his death more meaningful. But it just wasn't necessary. All it did was make it a little more obvious that he was going to be dead by the end of the episode.

I also think this is a case of the writers trying to have their cake and eat it, too, which is what I was scared of happening: they know that there's one camp that loves Jack and one camp that loves Aiden. Instead of allowing Emily to make a real choice, they had Jack hide his feelings from her all season so she could be with Aiden. Now Aiden's dead, which leaves her free to be with Jack. Maybe they felt that was the only way to do it that wouldn't offend one camp or the other?

Quote:
The best scene for me (which shouldn't come as a shock) is when Emily shared the moment of finding out her father was cleared with Jack. That was a wonderful moment that appropriately was between Emily and Jack.
Absolutely, that was my favorite moment. Wonderfully played by NW and EVC. As fitting as it was that Nolan shared the moment with her when Conrad confessed, it was just as fitting that Jack shared the moment with her when she found out David was cleared. Even before Nolan entered the lives of the Clarkes, little Jack was there playing on the beach with Amanda and David.

Speaking of which...

Quote:
I just can't even with David being alive... I pray something isn't as it seems. Maybe he's a clone (lol) or was brainwashed or something is off with him. Otherwise, this is just not a fun direction they are going.
I have to admit, part of me thinks it's funny that Emily spent three years on long, drawn-out revenge in David's name, and then David shows up and just stabs Conrad and drives off.

What's less funny is the idea that David let Emily grow up without him. There had better be a damn good explanation for that, but I'm worried there won't be. Or that we're supposed to accept David as evil now or something.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

LOL. Maybe someone took Myclone or whatever it's called to the next level and created a fake David Clarke,
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

After posting my first impressions I read other posts and looks like nobody is happy about David Clark being alive LOL)
Well, writers have few months untill the begining of net season production and I am sure they will read fans comments and act accordingly. Who knows...

I am with people who didn't buy Nolan's cry about Aiden being killed (they really never were friends) and Emily talking to Aiden as love of her life - I feel like she did it only to show she will be very-very-very upset when she finds him killed....

By the way, how Victoria managed to carry Aiden's body and place him in that position. I didn't show she was a superwaman. Writes, please, don't make David Clark being the one who helped her....

What a mess season finale....
Old 05-11-2014, 08:48 PM
New Fan

I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I mean who didn't see Aiden's death coming from a mile away. Anyway here is an interview with Sunil Nayar about the finale and direction for next season.

'Revenge' post-mortem: EP breaks down the finale's biggest twists | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 05-11-2014, 08:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
I cannot believe they made David Clark alive!!! It actually makes no sense what so ever and the whole show is pointless!!! I am so pissed......
I guess it was their only point to have this show for season four

And the main question, why we had to see so many watered episodes this season? Why they had to make the only episode full of events as a season finale???

P.S. I cannot believe David is alive and made his little girl live in foster families, being treated bad, going through horrible times and killing people and he was just watching from behind the rock??? Emily supposed to hate him for that. What a poor young lady she is having crazy mom she never talk and care about and such a horrible dad.......
I agree with everything you wrote! I think Victoria's gift was referring to dead aidan on the couch though. If David is alive I think it is true that he wasn't as innocent as Emily thought (and as numerous people have said throughout this series!). Like you said, what kind of loving father would allow his daughter to go through all that. Season four should be about Emily getting revenge on her father for allowing her to waste the last three years of her life on his behalf and cause the death and suffering of so many close to her!!!!!

If David is alive, the only explanation I can find is that he is a coward and his love is shallow. Letting his daughter suffer so much and also having her fight HIS fight! A David Clarke who is still alive is one who contradicts everything we've ever learned of him.

I felt like this episode (and really the one or two previous) were so rushed that they did waste a lot of the season on watered down junk. They could have developed the most recent events more than they did. And shown that aidan was emily's love of her life and nolan's friend because I didn't believe it!!

Last edited by cassandrann1; 05-11-2014 at 09:16 PM
Old 05-11-2014, 09:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Although I think it's always been pretty obvious that Emily would eventually end up with Jack, I think she also loved Aiden. She wanted to start a life with him at the end of the mid-season finale and I think that she felt that he was probably the only one she could build a life with especially when it looked that like there was no hope for her and Jack. They definitely played it up in the last few episodes so that his death could have a huge impact on her but I think she loved him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.

After what I watched today I do not doubt to see Ems end up with Daniel. After everything the two deserve each other.. Jack doesn't deserve someone 'dark' like Emily..
Old 05-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
LOL. Maybe someone took Myclone or whatever it's called to the next level and created a fake David Clarke,

Quote:
By the way, how Victoria managed to carry Aiden's body and place him in that position. I didn't show she was a superwaman. Writes, please, don't make David Clark being the one who helped her....

What a mess season finale....
That's an understatement and I don't want to stick around to see what a monster David winds up being.