Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2014, 09:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin200 (View Post)
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I mean who didn't see Aiden's death coming from a mile away. Anyway here is an interview with Sunil Nayar about the finale and direction for next season.

'Revenge' post-mortem: EP breaks down the finale's biggest twists | Inside TV | EW.com
Thanks for sharing! The more I reflect on the season finale, the more I hate it (mostly the implications of David being alive). I hope Conrad isn't really dead though.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Although I think it's always been pretty obvious that Emily would eventually end up with Jack, I think she also loved Aiden. She wanted to start a life with him at the end of the mid-season finale and I think that she felt that he was probably the only one she could build a life with especially when it looked that like there was no hope for her and Jack. They definitely played it up in the last few episodes so that his death could have a huge impact on her but I think she loved him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him.
I think she loved Aiden, but I don't think it touched the love we saw her have for Jack. I never quite shook the feeling that Aiden was what she was settling for because she felt that Jack didn't want her after the things she'd done.

So often, critics of Jack and Emily's relationship have argued that Jack represents the past and her childhood and all of that. What the finale seems to be signaling, to me, is that it's actually Aiden who was the past -- the training with Takeda, getting revenge for her father, the whole "Emily Thorne" persona. If that's what the show is going for, then it's fitting that Aiden died when he did, on the night when Emily finally cleared her father's name and Victoria blew a hole through her false identity.

That means that Jack isn't the past -- he's the future, just as, IMO, he's always been.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Sunil Nayer is full of crap and Aiden was never the love of Emily's life. It started out being between Daniel and Jack,which was a lot more believable.I liked her with Nolan back then,but Aiden wasn't even close. She loved him and saw that she could have a life with him,but he was never going to be her soulmate liken Jack is.

Also, "polarizing" isn't the word. Only people who stay loyal to a show no matter how crappy it gets will come back.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:51 PM
New Fan

Like I said at the inside tv. After 3 seasons, the Clarke (Ems and David) are the real ''villains'' of show.
Father and daughter, two sociopaths. BTW he's clearly not the man in those journals anymore the way he murdered Conrad tonight and his being not as wholesome as we thought makes perfect sense because Victoria always falls for the slimeballs. Even though still hoping it was a just a Conrad's nightmare in jail.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I totally called it. The only way to bring Jack and Emily was to kill off Aiden. Aiden was her soulmate and love of her life, that's what they built these past 2 seasons. Jack and Emily are not even in the same page, and because they were best friends as kids doesn't mean it's true love or whatever. Anyway, Emily would have never leave Aiden for Jack, not after everything they had gone through. It must suck to know Jack and Emily will end up together only because Aiden died. And he died for her cause, he was always there for her, something I haven't seen with Jack btw, but whatever

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Give me back Aiden

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 05-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I totally called it. The only way to bring Jack and Emily was to kill off Aiden. Aiden was her soulmate and love of her life, that's what they built these past 2 seasons. Jack and Emily are not even in the same page, and because they were best friends as kids doesn't mean it's true love or whatever. Anyway, Emily would have never leave Aiden for Jack, not after everything they had gone through. It must suck to know Jack and Emily will end up together only because Aiden died. And he died for her cause, he was always there for her, something I haven't seen with Jack btw, but whatever

I rolled my eyes,I really did. Jack and Emily have been building up since S1 and she only went to Aiden because she couldn't have Jack. Aiden wasn't her soulmate because he couldn't see beyond their shared revenge and anger. I'm sorry,but if her sister's ghost was here,she'd slap her. Emily needs to gtfu,go take care of Jack and Carl and move on like Amily begged her to in life.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
. Jack and Emily have been building up since S1 and she only went to Aiden because she couldn't have Jack.
What build up? Flashbacks and.... ? Oh wait yes, Jack marrying and having a child with another woman.... and then planning to move out with ANOTHER one. Amazing J/E build up.

Quote:
Aiden wasn't her soulmate because he couldn't see beyond their shared revenge and anger.
Nice try but no. And what do Emily and Jack share? A dog? Some beach games?

Quote:
Emily needs to gtfu,go take care of Jack and Carl and move on like Amily begged her to in life.
GTFU and take care of Jack? Are you kidding me? She lost someone she loved, someone whom she was PLANNING HER LIFE WITH. I guess you really don't care about Emily and her feelings and just root for J/E. Good luck with that.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 05-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Charlotte is an idiot. I thought Jack was going to tell her that Emily is Amanda but I guess he feels that Emily's call if she ever choses to tell her.

Victoria is no superwoman it was the drug given to Aiden.

I loved what Emily did to Victoria. Nice revenge since Victoria had her committed those years ago.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrika (View Post)
Like I said at the inside tv. After 3 seasons, the Clarke (Ems and David) are the real ''villains'' of show.
Father and daughter, two sociopaths. BTW he's clearly not the man in those journals anymore the way he murdered Conrad tonight and his being not as wholesome as we thought makes perfect sense because Victoria always falls for the slimeballs. Even though still hoping it was a just a Conrad's nightmare in jail.
I'm hoping that it's a nightmare,too. Even if you're not a fan of Conrad as a character or villain,David being alive is just dumb. I don't agree about Emily being the villain since the Graysons have done so much more,but the great thing about this board is that it's laid-back. We never break into fights,have drama or any other issues.

Some of us ship Jack and Emily, some of us ship Aiden and Emily, some of us only like the villains and whatnot. David being a sociopath is disturbing and rocks the premise. I don't want to hate him,but atm,he does look just as bad as Conrad and Victoria. He's a lot worse,because he let his little girl become the woman she is today. What kind of father does that? He could have used Nolan or someone else to eventually team up with Emily. That would have been so much more interesting when his death never actually happened.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I'm hoping that it's a nightmare,too. Even if you're not a fan of Conrad as a character or villain,David being alive is just dumb. I don't agree about Emily being the villain since the Graysons have done so much more,but the great thing about this board is that it's laid-back. We never break into fights,have drama or any other issues.

Some of us ship Jack and Emily, some of us ship Aiden and Emily, some of us only like the villains and whatnot. David being a sociopath is disturbing and rocks the premise. I don't want to hate him,but atm,he does look just as bad as Conrad and Victoria. He's a lot worse,because he let his little girl become the woman she is today. What kind of father does that? He could have used Nolan or someone else to eventually team up with Emily. That would have been so much more interesting when his death never actually happened.
Hoping it's nightmare. Watch those last two scenes closely and read between the lines of what Sunil (show runner) is saying. 'Revenge' post-mortem: EP breaks down the finale's biggest twists | Inside TV | EW.com
IMO now I am thinking it’s a Victoria’s dream, not Conrad, of what she’d like to happen (David Clarke getting revenge on Conrad). In article, Sunil warned to closely watch the last two scenes. Well, we see a hazy, foggy image of Conrad walking down the street before a hooded David Clarke appears and stabs him. As he bleeds out and David’s truck backs away, it fades to white with the next scene being Victoria waking from her shovel induced beating in the psych ward. Conrad isn’t dead, folks, and Sunil’s answers above about that very topic are telling indeed.

Hoping this cliffhanger is a dream..please. Or I'm done with REVENGE.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Elite Fan

What a disappointing finale. I think that I went in with fairly low expectations shipping wise at least - and I was disappointed there. And they've been hyping up the finale in general, and it didn't deliver IMO.

Aiden - I was never a fan of his character, and I'm sorry but I just thought there was too much focus there and I didn't care. I agree that Nolan seemed too upset for what I thought their relationship was. Like Aiden and Emily, I think they hyped it up to make it more impactful and carry their new revenge into season 4.

David being alive - not a huge surprise since they gave clues - kind of - in the last few episodes, and the fandom has been speculating. I don't know if I like it or not. I guess it'll depend on how it plays out next.

The last scene was my favourite, along with the Jack/Emily stowaway scene. Emily getting Victoria committed was a great move. Though it means she can't be Amanda Clarke just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I have to admit, part of me thinks it's funny that Emily spent three years on long, drawn-out revenge in David's name, and then David shows up and just stabs Conrad and drives off.

What's less funny is the idea that David let Emily grow up without him. There had better be a damn good explanation for that, but I'm worried there won't be. Or that we're supposed to accept David as evil now or something.
The first paragraph: LOL. But yes, the second.. much less funny. And that Emily has gone through everything she has, and he's out there - free. And I do think we're supposed to assume that he isn't the guy Amanda knew, as Victoria said.

Quote:
It must suck to know Jack and Emily will end up together only because Aiden died.
Okay. I am disappointed with the way they've played it out, but it was always going to come back to Jack and Emily. I guess by the time they come together for good, we wont dwell on it.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm sorry but that a load of craps. Aiden was NEVER the love of her life or her true. It was always meant to be Jack and so far they showed us that way. The **** that was the finale was just a way for Aiden's death to take a deeper importance.

Emily was with Aiden because she knew Jack wasn't a option...or so she thought! So which one sucks more? Being with Aiden because she can't be with Jack or Having a chance to be with Jack because there is no "complications" anymore?

Anyway too much focus on Aiden, glad his character is as good as dead, crappy finale and I hope next year is better.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

So yeah all that happened between Emily & Aiden was nothing, that's what you all have been saying. I'm sorry but "We fit" "We belong together, I know"... and everything, no of course it meant nothing...

He was there to help her for her revenge, they were in love, he knew more than anything about her

Revenge & me are done, anyways, with or without Aiden it would have been the same, but his death is the final trigger.

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 05-12-2014, 01:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

That was amazing

- I think we all predicted Victoria killing Aiden, that was the final straw.

- Daniel is horrible now, i'm convinced he is more evil than both his parents. At least they kill with motive, he killed that prostitute for what reason again exactly?

- R.I.P Conrad. I AM NOT A FAN OF DAVID BEING ALIVE! WHY WHY WHY! He probably was behind Conrads release from prison so he could finish the job.

- Emily got Victoria! Even though Queen V is my fave character she had this coming, i enjoyed the symbolism at the end of Emily putting the jacket on representing victory

So the next season is going to be completely different as the directors have said. Daniel is going to be the main antagonist i predict, and Emily and Jack will obviously blossom

Last edited by jenaya; 05-12-2014 at 02:49 AM