Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never hated Zarra, but her direction was less than desirable as far as the influence she was having over Bay goes. I wouldn't mind her coming back, as we don't need cookie cutter characters on the show and she could be developed some more and we could see some changes for the better, IF ... the writers wanted to take the time to explore such a direction. At this point, though, I'd say doubtful. Too many other characters they are trying to handle in the present moment.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I never hated Zarra, but her direction was less than desirable as far as the influence she was having over Bay goes. I wouldn't mind her coming back, as we don't need cookie cutter characters on the show and she could be developed some more and we could see some changes for the better, IF ... the writers wanted to take the time to explore such a direction. At this point, though, I'd say doubtful. Too many other characters they are trying to handle in the present moment.
I agree with this in regards to how I felt about Zarra. Instead of encouraging Bay to be herself, she was encouraging Bay to be more like her. That's not what a true friend does. The dreads, the car. It would have been one thing for Bay to have painted her car with ax girls, but instead it was all Zarra's influence.

But I don't know if I see Zarra feeling that her actions were wrong in any way so...
Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Seems as though Tania got casted in the Chicago Fire spinoff about the CPD, so we may not be seeing Zarra for a while if the show gets picked up. Good for her, although it will be weird seeing her as a cop given her role on SAB.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Seems as though Tania got casted in the Chicago Fire spinoff about the CPD, so we may not be seeing Zarra for a while if the show gets picked up. Good for her, although it will be weird seeing her as a cop given her role on SAB.
I could see her as a plain clothes detective. I don't think I could picture her in a uniform all the time.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah or undercover.

Chicago Fire is an awesome show, so I'm looking forward to its police counterpart.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
That's awesome!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good for her! I wish her the best on the new show.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Good for her! I wish her the best on the new show.
I look forward to watching her, as well. She is a good actor.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

I think she's a very good actor so agreed. Good for Tania!
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think she's a very good actor so agreed. Good for Tania!
If Zarra ever visits Switched at Birth again, I would love to see her character make amends for all of the littering she did on the show.

Maybe they could have her adopt-a-highway or something!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
If Zarra ever visits Switched at Birth again, I would love to see her character make amends for all of the littering she did on the show.

Maybe they could have her adopt-a-highway or something!
I agree with this. Hopefully she's learned from her time with Bay and with her father in Mexico.

ETA:

Another role for Tania:

Quote:
In the meantime, Deadline reports that Tania Raymonde (“Switched at Birth,” “Lost”) is in final negotiations to play Arias in an upcoming Lifetime movie entitled “Dirty Little Secret: The Jodi AriasStory.” In addition, the website notes that Jesse Lee Soffer (“The Mob Doctor,” “Hatfields & McCoys”) will play Alexander in the film.
http://www.examiner.com/article/jodi...r-murder-trial

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 04-18-2013 at 07:57 PM
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Tania's character from the upcoming Chicago PD has been cut, so I guess seeing Zarra again isn't completely out of the question.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Tania's character from the upcoming Chicago PD has been cut, so I guess seeing Zarra again isn't completely out of the question.
Really? Oh, wow! I tweeted Lizzy Weiss a while ago about wanting some scenes between Bay & Emmett and Zarra. I even sent her a painting that I would LOVE to see as a title for the episode in which Zarra returns. (Do you think Lizzy Weiss might just go ahead and hire me to join her writing staff? Oh, how I wish.)

The painting is FASCINATING to me. Here's some info on the painting:

The Raft of the Medusa | Louvre Museum | Paris

Wikipedia has a lot of information on it, too. The history is as amazing as the work itself.

There's something very sexy about all three characters, Zarra, Bay & Emmett. I want to see them interact.

I want to see the good and the fun, and then, I want Zarra to interject a little bad into the mix, too. (I am not looking for anything like the poison of Simone. I would want something more along the lines of high-stakes risk taking.)

But ultimately, I want Bay & Emmett to overcome whatever danger Zarra might bring into their lives. I would love for all three of them to share a few scenes though.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Really? Oh, wow! I tweeted Lizzy Weiss a while ago about wanting some scenes between Bay & Emmett and Zarra. I even sent her a painting that I would LOVE to see as a title for the episode in which Zarra returns. (Do you think Lizzy Weiss might just go ahead and hire me to join her writing staff? Oh, how I wish.)

The painting is FASCINATING to me. Here's some info on the painting:

The Raft of the Medusa | Louvre Museum | Paris

Wikipedia has a lot of information on it, too. The history is as amazing as the work itself.

There's something very sexy about all three characters, Zarra, Bay & Emmett. I want to see them interact.

I want to see the good and the fun, and then, I want Zarra to interject a little bad into the mix, too. (I am not looking for anything like the poison of Simone. I would want something more along the lines of high-stakes risk taking.)

But ultimately, I want Bay & Emmett to overcome whatever danger Zarra might bring into their lives. I would love for all three of them to share a few scenes though.
You never know!

It would be interesting to see them interact. I have a feeling Emmett doesn't trust Zarra though so seeing their dynamic would be fun.

It's not that Bay wasn't capable of making her own decisions. She was. And she sought out Zarra; not the other way around, but it was almost like Zarra was Bay's "love interest" of the season. Someone Emmett could kind of compete with. Does that only make sense in my head?

Obviously there wasn't anything romantic going on between Bay and Zarra, but Zarra became the person Bay trusted about her art. Before that, it was Emmett. Bay says as much when she tells Zarra she gets this huge part of her life nobody else does. She used to have somebody who did, but she didn't have him anymore.

Although I do think Bay has changed so I don't know how willing and complicit she would be to go along with Zarra on just anything. I agree that there's something sexy about Bay & Emmett and even Zarra and that's probably their wild side. Bay will always have that. So will Emmett, but I think Bay wouldn't let herself get as seduced by Zarra in a way again. She kind of lost her identity. She was there, but like when they painted The Thing, it felt much more Zarra influenced than Bay influenced. Not that she wouldn't hang out with Zarra, but I think she'd listen to herself more.

Or maybe not.

Should we put Zarra/Bay/Emmett on the AU ship list?
Old 12-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
You never know!
Oh, how I wish!

Quote:
It would be interesting to see them interact. I have a feeling Emmett doesn't trust Zarra though so seeing their dynamic would be fun.
I agree. The look Emmett gives Zarra when he steps away from John speaks volumes. Emmett has some street smarts. I don't think Zarra would be Emmett's first choice for interaction with the hearing world.

But say Zarra's father returns to KC, and Bay decides to join the two of them in creating some street art, Emmett would be right there by Bay's side, if they were a couple.

It would be interesting to see Emmett take an unnecessary risk. That wasn't in Emmett's character at the poker game when he first met Wilke. I wonder if anything would bring that out in Emmett, or if he is just too smart to be so reckless. If Emmett is going to take a risk, he is going to do it for something worth it.

Quote:
It's not that Bay wasn't capable of making her own decisions. She was. And she sought out Zarra; not the other way around, but it was almost like Zarra was Bay's "love interest" of the season. Someone Emmett could kind of compete with. Does that only make sense in my head?

Obviously there wasn't anything romantic going on between Bay and Zarra, but Zarra became the person Bay trusted about her art. Before that, it was Emmett. Bay says as much when she tells Zarra she gets this huge part of her life nobody else does. She used to have somebody who did, but she didn't have him anymore.
Yes, Zarra was definitely Bay's love interest of the season. As you say, not in the romantic sense, but yes, she was in the relationship sense. I always find that interview with Lizzy Weiss interesting, where she says Zarra was originally planned to be a male character, but she could not pass up working with Tania Raymonde.

If Zarra had been a male character, I believe Emmett's anguish would have been greater. Both the episode where Bay asks to move in with Zarra and the episode where Bay runs away with Zarra would have been much more highly charged, if Zarra was a male. Everyone would have been more on edge: John, Kathryn, Toby, Daphne, Emmett.

I imagine Bay would have lost her virginity at that time, because it would be highly unusual for Bay to both live with and run away with a man and not consummate the relationship.

The reunion scene between Emmett & Bay at the border to Mexico would have felt different, too, if Zarra had been male.

Quote:
Although I do think Bay has changed so I don't know how willing and complicit she would be to go along with Zarra on just anything. I agree that there's something sexy about Bay & Emmett and even Zarra and that's probably their wild side. Bay will always have that. So will Emmett, but I think Bay wouldn't let herself get as seduced by Zarra in a way again. She kind of lost her identity. She was there, but like when they painted The Thing, it felt much more Zarra influenced than Bay influenced. Not that she wouldn't hang out with Zarra, but I think she'd listen to herself more.

Or maybe not.
I think she would listen to herself a lot more. And either Zarra would like that and their friendship would grow deeper, or Zarra would not like that. The latter indicating that Zarra originally only liked Bay for how she could manipulate her.

My gut tends to say that Zarra would like Bay more, as someone who is strong in her identity. But I am not sure.

Quote:
Should we put Zarra/Bay/Emmett on the AU ship list?
I cannot envision their storyline enough to know yet.

What if Zarra really IS one bad cat? What if she comes back into the Kennish world, just to open the door for her crew to hurt them and rob them blind?

Bay seemed to trust Zarra, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility for a character like that to be bad. Once you open the door to someone like that, allow her to know where you live, let her see your vulnerabilities, you really can endanger yourself and those you love.

Bay would regret that, if it should happen. I could see Emmett getting hurt trying to protect them.