Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed, because I started out thinking that maybe Zarra could have been the friend that Bay needed, after that betrayal by Simone and Emmett. It did become clearer that her lifestyle was vastly different from Bay's, mainly in the way she was raised and the involvement, or lackethereof, of her parents.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

As much as I didn't like Zarra, I thought Tania was awesome and I wish I could have liked her character more.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's possible the show will bring her back and develop her more. As far as unlikeable characters go, I've viewed far worse!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

I have been watching season 1C again. In the first episode Zarra appeared, she had beautiful, straight hair that looked soft and natural. In the next episode, she had dreads. Zarra seemed to be connecting her dreads to the octopus she was painting on the wall and her alter ego Medusa. So it was strange in that first episode that she didn't have them.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
It's possible the show will bring her back and develop her more. As far as unlikeable characters go, I've viewed far worse!
You're absolutely right. There can be worse! I just never felt the vibe the way I so wanted to. I think it just didn't meet my expectations. I wanted to feel something for Zarra, and Zarra and Bay, like oh! Yay! A friend to Bay, but I was just left feeling like it became too predictable. Does that make sense?
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
You're absolutely right. There can be worse! I just never felt the vibe the way I so wanted to. I think it just didn't meet my expectations. I wanted to feel something for Zarra, and Zarra and Bay, like oh! Yay! A friend to Bay, but I was just left feeling like it became too predictable. Does that make sense?
Yeah, I understand. I thought Zarra was going to be developed with more ... depth, but I thought the surface based - girl from the ghetto presentation was a little eye roll worthy since they were trying to hard to make that appear as if that's what people are like from Regina's world. And the life Bay would have had.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Well part me thinks the reason why Zarra was so far fetched is to show that with all the stress of just EVERYTHING how far flung from reality and logic Bay actually was. I think that why they made her so obviously out there in the first place.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

That could be true. Plus, I think that happens a lot. Bay wasn't just going through a break up, but the switch is still recent in my opinion. It takes a while, if ever, to really get over that, so Bay clinging to someone who she thought represented who she would have been, but who in reality was so far removed from who she would have been is actually believable.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
That could be true. Plus, I think that happens a lot. Bay wasn't just going through a break up, but the switch is still recent in my opinion. It takes a while, if ever, to really get over that, so Bay clinging to someone who she thought represented who she would have been, but who in reality was so far removed from who she would have been is actually believable.
I agree with this.

I still can't get over the fact that Zarra's character was originally intended to be a male. To me, that would have changed everything about how season 1C played out for Bay.

With Zarra being a female character, Bay's rebellion did not seem as dangerous, at least to me.

That's probably sexist on my part, but I cannot help it. Zarra being a male would have changed so much, even if the relationship had been strictly platonic.

I cannot believe the writer's ever considered making Zarra a male character. It would have made Bay's rebellion serious--in a scary way. I would have worried more about Bay spending that much time, moving in with, and running a way to Mexico with, a male.

Does anyone else feel the same?
Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I agree with this.

I still can't get over the fact that Zarra's character was originally intended to be a male. To me, that would have changed everything about how season 1C played out for Bay.

With Zarra being a female character, Bay's rebellion did not seem as dangerous, at least to me.

That's probably sexist on my part, but I cannot help it. Zarra being a male would have changed so much, even if the relationship had been strictly platonic.

I cannot believe the writer's ever considered making Zarra a male character. It would have made Bay's rebellion serious--in a scary way. I would have worried more about Bay spending that much time, moving in with, and running a way to Mexico with, a male.

Does anyone else feel the same?
I'm personally glad that Zarra was turned into a female character. No thanks on a love interest! If Bay had spent that much time with a male, she'd probably get confused over how she feels about him
Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I'm personally glad that Zarra was turned into a female character. No thanks on a love interest! If Bay had spent that much time with a male, she'd probably get confused over how she feels about him
I agree. And Emmett would have been hurt in a way that Bay's relationship with a female Zarra did not hurt him. Even if Bay and Zarra had a romantic relationship, I still believe Emmett would have felt more threatened if Zarra had been a male character. It's difficult for me to believe the writers had been planning that.

I would not have wanted to see Emmett find out that Bay was living with a male version of someone like Zarra, in an old abandoned trailer park.

Emmett would have felt responsible for Bay spinning out of control like that, and it would have devastated him.

Plus, can you imagine how Toby, Kathryn, and John would have felt if Zarra had been male? They would have felt as though they had lost Bay.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I hope she stays gone. She was kinda toxic I think.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Yeah I kinda liked her but.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu-144 (View Post)
Yeah I kinda liked her but.
I like Zarra, too.

She could be toxic to Bay, or Bay could be the antidote to cure Zarra's poison.

If Zarra returns from Mexico, I would like to see the two of them work together in a smart (legal) fashion. They both have talent and passion. Those qualities could be put to good use. East Riverside probably has hundreds of children that could benefit from a good art program. Bay and Zarra could be just the two people to start it. Along with the children, they could clean up the neighborhood, give back to the community. Emmett would appreciate this work. He would become involved, too. Even Daphne has said that she is looking for a way to give. Heck, when Ty comes home from his service, he could even help them.

Bay is searching for a way to put her destiny on the right track. A project like that would be an excellent way to do it. I love revitalization projects. It's important work, and Bay has the heart for it.

I do not want Bay to give up her street art. She had the courage and the conviction to take it up at the age of 14. That says something. Not many 14 year olds do that. Of course, her parents' financial situation allowed her to feel somewhat safe in exploring that world. Then, at 16, she got involved with the likes of Zarra, Mouse, Eight Ball, etc. Now, she is giving it all up to be the good student? I can see her putting it aside for a while, especially since her father is running for office, but I want the real Bay Kennish to please stand up, at least, eventually.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

It would be nice if they could redeem Zarra, because had she been less of a toxic influence on Bay, I think it could have been a nice friendship.

Other than Emmett, Bay doesn't have anyone who understands her passion for art, and even though Emmett got it, he wasn't a street artist.

I don't necessarily want Bay to forget her passion for art, I just wish she'd find more legal ways to do it like the billboard for John.

And I like the idea of community art program this way both Zarra and Bay could put their creative foots forward.