Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Yup, exactly..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 12-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed, the bond was there with Daphne. It must have been hard, knowing where her blood child was all along, and even there - it was a truly selfless sacrifice. I know Bay is viewing it as abandonment, and I'm not disregarding her perception, but I think the truth is that Regina showed even more love by letting her real daughter keep the bond and family ties with the people who had been raising her for three years.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, and I think things would have turned out very differently if Regina had told about the switch when the girls were younger. They're having quite a time going through things now; imagine what it would have been like if they were that much younger.

Although they wouldn't have had all the romantic drama back then, so I do wonder what might have happened if Regina did tell about the switch right when she found out.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I understand why Regina did what she did, Honestly, when she explained her reasons to Bay, that had "LOVE" written all over it, Regina loves Bay, she loved her enough to let her stay with the family she knows, making the biggest sacrifice, that's really hard on a mother to know her blood child is out without her and doesnt know her as the "mom" She even tried to explain to bay, she always wanted Bay, she hired a PI to find out about Bay and the people who were raising her, not to mention got tons of pictures of bay....I understand Bay's feelings, she has every right to feel that way. However, to Bay, it's as if Regina chose Daphne over Bay, when in reality, Regina wasn't doing that all, she was put in a really hard situation, she chose not to be selfish but this whole situation was going to be hard on everyone but now it's time Regina reached out to Bay, it's time Regina started bonding with her bio daughter and I'm sure that's going to upset Daphne but I'm sure Daphne's spending time with bay's parents upset Bay as well...Time for some bonding with Regina/Bay, but both of them are so stubborn!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can definitely see both Regina's and Bay's sides to it, too. But I do want to see them put the past aside and focus on building a relationship now and into the future.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessec12 (View Post)
I can definitely see both Regina's and Bay's sides to it, too. But I do want to see them put the past aside and focus on building a relationship now and into the future.
The bonding of Regina/Bay is going to cause more drama between Daphne/Bay, because you know Daphne isn't going to like that too much. Sorry but if daphne gets to bond with bay's mom, Bay can't bond with daphne's mom? selfish if you ask me.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's premature to draw those conclusions about Daphne, to be honest. I mean, I can honestly say that I think I understand the feelings of insecurity coming from both girls - they have more in common than they think. The truth is, in the end, Regina is 'mom' to both. Regina has the mother/daughter bond with Daphne already; however, I think one can be formed between Regina/Bay as well, in time. Both girls will be forever linked because of this unfortunate 'switch' but I can see alot of good coming out of it for the better if everyone let's it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I think it's premature to draw those conclusions about Daphne, to be honest. I mean, I can honestly say that I think I understand the feelings of insecurity coming from both girls - they have more in common than they think. The truth is, in the end, Regina is 'mom' to both. Regina has the mother/daughter bond with Daphne already; however, I think one can be formed between Regina/Bay as well, in time. Both girls will be forever linked because of this unfortunate 'switch' but I can see alot of good coming out of it for the better if everyone let's it.
The reason I see Daphne acting that way is because she's already acting like that with Angelo, she does not want Bay to spend time with him and she just doesnt want him around period, you think she won't have a fit over bay getting close to her mom? lol daphne seems to be very possessive right now, so does Bay.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
The reason I see Daphne acting that way is because she's already acting like that with Angelo, she does not want Bay to spend time with him and she just doesnt want him around period, you think she won't have a fit over bay getting close to her mom? lol daphne seems to be very possessive right now, so does Bay.
Well, I can understand why Daphne is feeling that way about Angelo being around. Unfortunately, if Bay gets closer to him (and I'm not saying she doesn't have a right to want to), and if Regina were to give him a second chance again - this is the man whom she believed to be her 'father', a man who walked out on her a long time ago, simply because at the time he didn't believe she was his kid, and as far as we know, did nothing to prove it. You know how many men say that and turn out to be wrong?! She was an innocent child, she didn't deserve that, even if Angelo turned out to be right in the end. I'm sure that left feelings of abandonment and insecurity regarding Angelo and her feelings would be totally justified in my eyes.

As for Regina, I think Daphne as her own issues right now with the mom who raised her, starting with the fact that she is upset that Regina kept the secret from her about knowing who her real parents were. So I'm not so sure she'll be pre-occupied about Bay getting close to Regina at this point. But that's my take on things for the time being.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can see there being issues between Daphne and Bay about bonding with each other's parents. They really need to come to accept each other as family in order for them not to feel jealous like that.

Daphne does have her own issues about Regina now, but I could still see the possibility for jealousy there if Bay does start getting closer to Regina
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Addicted Fan

I think it'll be awhile before Daphne and Bay can accept each other as family, it's very new for them and something like that, it'd need time and for them to come to peace with the Emmett situation before they could EVER get close.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's true - it is going to take time. I don't see it for awhile until some major issues are resolved first.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Addicted Fan

I personally hope Daphne and Bay reach an understanding, because I really am not interested in the fighting..Daphne and Bay are pretty much family now, are will be one day when the switch isn't so new. Daphne's family is Bay's and Bay's family is Daphne's, they should just all accept that no one is more important over the other, so no one's feelings gets hurt, and just for Daphne to be happy for Emmett, a true friend would be happy for her friend.

I still want some Regina/Bay bonding moments, but I really want Regina to try and get close to Bay, Bay should still resist for a bit but then slowly let Regina in, I like Regina, she's tough but has a good heart.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

I definitely think it's going to take time for Daphne and Bay to accept each other as family, but I do want to see it happen eventually.

I do think Regina will keep trying to build a relationship with Bay and Bay might resist at first, but maybe if Regina keeps trying, Bay will see that she really does care.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Moderator Support Team

I def can see Regina won't give up too quickly since she been trying for days..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy