Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I think the potential is there, unfortunately. Both girls are running on so many emotions and there may be a time when Daphne just has it and tells Bay, and then the damage is done. It will only make Bay more insecure and no matter what Emmett says, I can't see Bay taking it lightly. It's always a strategy to not tell someone you're in a relationship with if a kiss occurs with someone else because it usually "means nothing" or will only hurt the other person.

I'd appreciate it if the show didn't go there, but it could. We don't know what happened offscreen, or what Bay thought happened during the car wash scene. I don't know if she thought Daphne just told Emmett she liked him, or if more happened. Or they could surprise us and have her not be upset. When he came to Buckner to talk to her she pretty much said she knew that him and Daphne made sense and she understood it. But that was before he told her he just wanted her...so....we shall see.

I foresee a bumpy ride ahead. But then again, LW did say the triangle wouldn't be as bad as people thought, so I don't know.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I don't want any triangle stuff.

Hope we get lots of good BE scenes on Tuesday.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Addicted Fan

[QUOTE=MagnoliaFairy;60662912]I agree. Lizzy Weiss said in an interview recently that those things were meant to show Emmett's loyalty to Bay. Obviously, he and Daphne have a lot of history together, but Emmett has chosen Bay despite that. The other thing I find interesting about the Lizzy interviews I've been reading is that Lizzy isn't making it sound like Emmett and Daphne are EVER going to get together. She said in one interview that they focus on the triangle at first so that they can kind of turn the focus to Ebay later on. That gives me a lot of hope. Maybe the S@B writers aren't going to take the normal teen drama route on this one?

I LOVE that the creator is so interested in them!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think Daphne will ultimately be an issue for them. I think their issues are going to be more from things like we saw in the last episode. They have a lot to overcome as a couple. I am honestly not worried about Daphne.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 01-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Addicted Fan

So What if Emmett was to kiss Daphne again? You wouldn't be concerned?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I can say for myself, if this were to happen again, I would have to take a longer look at Emmett, not just Daphne. This would mean that Emmett has feelings of confusion regarding where he stands with both girls and he needs to work that out. Hopefully, it doesn't come to this, though. I hate these kinds of triangles because, nine times out of ten, the person in the middle is shown as the conflicted party and for me, it lessens the sincerity or specialness surrounding the relationship they will ultimately meant to be in, which in this case, I do believe is EB.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I can say for myself, if this were to happen again, I would have to take a longer look at Emmett, not just Daphne. This would mean that Emmett has feelings of confusion regarding where he stands with both girls and he needs to work that out. Hopefully, it doesn't come to this, though. I hate these kinds of triangles because, nine times out of ten, the person in the middle is shown as the conflicted party and for me, it lessens the sincerity or specialness surrounding the relationship they will ultimately meant to be in, which in this case, I do believe is EB.
i'd also look at emmett differently and I hope it never happens because I'd then start to doubt's emmett
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
I think we would all be concerned if that happened, but at the moment, he doesn't seem to be all into Daphne that way. He is still her best friend, but he knows it can't be the same now that he has a girlfriend. Regardless if the girl is her "sister" or hearing, their dynamic has changed and he knows she has to adjust too. Hopefully, he won't be so confused again in the future.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves because I think Emmett/Bay are one of the main ships of the show. The creator has said so already. I think Daphne and the triangle could be a lot worse. She hasn't actively schemed against breaking them up; I've seen worse in teen shows to be honest.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenablue (View Post)
I think we would all be concerned if that happened, but at the moment, he doesn't seem to be all into Daphne that way. He is still her best friend, but he knows it can't be the same now that he has a girlfriend. Regardless if the girl is her "sister" or hearing, their dynamic has changed and he knows she has to adjust too. Hopefully, he won't be so confused again in the future.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves because I think Emmett/Bay are one of the main ships of the show. The creator has said so already. I think Daphne and the triangle could be a lot worse. She hasn't actively schemed against breaking them up; I've seen worse in teen shows to be honest.
I just really hate triangles. the sooner they end it, the sooner EB fans can breathe easier and enjoy the EB storyline.
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I agree, and I think one of the worst things the writers could do would be to take that route. Let's say that Emmett were leave Bay for Daphne, but in the end he chose Bay. I would have trouble after that believing that Emmett really cares for Bay. I would also have lost respect for Emmett for leading Bay on when he still had feelings for Daphne. That's why I dislike love triangles so much. Too often, all they end up doing is ruining perfectly good characters.
Obsessed Fan

If Emmett and Daphne were to kiss again, I'd question Emmett's feelings there, too. I don't see that happening because Emmett's heart seems clearly set on Bay.

I do hope that Daphne is not the main issue for them, and I'd like for them to have more things to work out like in the last episode.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see it happening. It would really make me question Emmett and yes, it would make it difficult to take his feelings for Bay seriously. But he didn't seem like he wanted to be with Daphne in that way or was even looking at her the same way.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I don't see it happening. It would really make me question Emmett and yes, it would make it difficult to take his feelings for Bay seriously. But he didn't seem like he wanted to be with Daphne in that way or was even looking at her the same way.
No, it doesn't seem like he has any romantic feelings for Daphne anymore (and maybe never really did?) Which is another thing: if Emmett were to kiss Daphne again, it would seem completely out of the blue and unrealistic.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

I think it was one of those things where it's a fantasy and a reluctant childhood crush that you hold onto because you're scared to move on and to let go. He kissed her, and I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, because this was something that he wanted forever. But then it didn't feel right. I think he felt super guilty and that was partially why he picked a fight with Bay; not necessarily to go Daphne.

Anyway, I really want to see more Emmett/Kennish family interaction. Do Kathryn and John know that Bay's dating Emmett? I'm not too sure if they are aware that they're together.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star