Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

love that pic ♥
Old 01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Watched the end of the pilot and saw the look emmett and bay shared, it's very obvious something was happening there, emmett kept looking at bay and bay smiled
Old 01-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
Watched the end of the pilot and saw the look emmett and bay shared, it's very obvious something was happening there, emmett kept looking at bay and bay smiled
I remember that, so presh I shipped them from then
Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
I remember that, so presh I shipped them from then
Soo cute when he checks her out. They do it again when they officially meet in ep 1x02. Rewatching their scenes makes me smile.

Please add me to the list. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Moments that you have to hold on to
Old 01-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome, the thread starter will add you soon, Athena.

I love that pic of Vanessa and Sean and the gif.

Honestly the first time I watched the pilot I never really noticed the Bay/Emmett signs, but when I went back and watched it a second time, I definitely paid more attention and noticed it.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I noticted that look the first time I watched it.

Destiny Ignites
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I am hoping to find some inspiration to write a fanfic for these two.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

"stick around" "I will"
Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

I love that line. I think he fears she won't, and in the back of her mind she probably still thinks there's a part of him that will always belong to Daphne and will always long for Daphne. Which is why I hope they both "stick around."
Old 01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

They both think the other person isn't going to stick around
Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Lizzy Weiss did an interview with TV Guide recently:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Switched...e-1041171.aspx

Quote:
An Emmett and Daphne pairing seemed likely, so why choose Emmett and Bay to get together?
Lizzy Weiss: I intended it all along. There was a moment at the end of the pilot where Bay and Emmett exchange a look before Daphne drives off on the back of Emmett's motorcycle and that was a hint that this could be. What I love about it is that Emmett is someone Bay never would've met unless the switch happened. In Episode 9 we had a fantasy teaser of how life would've been and there was something very romantic about it that perhaps Bay and Emmett would've ended up together in the end had she not been switched. There was some sort of metaphysical destiny for them, perhaps.

Now that they're together, will they be able to overcome the language barrier?
Lizzy Weiss: Not just a language barrier, but a whole culture-experiential barrier which is what we explore in the premiere and in the next 12 episodes. I really feel like Bay and Emmett are a Romeo and Juliet from very different worlds. There are so few things left in the world, especially in this generation, that can really keep them apart. Race, religion, class, these are all things that kids today have kind of moved beyond. But a deaf-hearing romance in genuinely something that you can't just say, "Oh well, we don't have prejudice, we're beyond it." We really get into the language barrier in the premiere with how you handle it if someone starts a fight with your deaf boyfriend. It's a totally different situation than if you're both hearing and they have to learn how his view of the world as a deaf guy is different than a hearing guy. That's a huge part of this midseason.

What's the one thing you think fans will be most excited about upon the show's return?
Weiss: The fans seem to love Bay and Emmett and there's a lot of Bay and Emmett. That relationship is one that we really delve into. They have so much in common and they adore each other, but there's a lot of conflict ahead.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There was some sort of metaphysical destiny for them
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
They both think the other person isn't going to stick around
It's kind of sad. But they'll just have to prove the other one wrong!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

^definately