Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

C A R P E . N O C T E M, It’s a lot more fun being angry together.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Adorable!

I finally realized what's been bothering me. When the DE kiss happened in episode 10, I suddenly lost some trust with Emmett, sad to say this but I don't trust Emmett alone with Daphne after that. It may have been a one time thing but he was with Bay when this happened and I didn't appreciate it, I'm not going to say it's okay because to me, it wasn't, if someone I was dating kissed someone else who they wanted to be with for long time while they were with me, I'd be equally as angry. So yes, I have lost some trust for Emmett, I hope he proves me wrong but that video Magnolia showed us with a Daphne/Emmett scene and that look.He's kept some secrets from Bay, including that kiss and the fact that Daphne snuck into his tent.I love Emmett but I came to the sad realization, I don't trust him at the moment, he'll have to show me he's not going to hurt bay like that and cheat on her

Perhaps this has to do with the fact that I've personally gone through cheating before, and it really hurts when someone isn't honest with you.

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 01-18-2012 at 12:58 PM
Old 01-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Wel, hate to be the bearer of bad news but there was an extended promo that aired of both SAB and JBD and in there is a D/E kiss and it's a new one. And there's a shot of Emmett looking mad, so I'm guessing they kiss and Daphne tells Bay, hence the "She's not the person you think she is" to Regina. Damn.

I think that's really sucky. I mean yeah stuff happens but to kiss someone when you're in a relationship and it's not the first time with that person you need to reevaluate what you're doing. It's not fair to the person you're with. I was hoping it was maybe a daydream but in the context of the rest of the promo it with Bay being upset, I think it's real.

Poor Bay
Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Wel, hate to be the bearer of bad news but there was an extended promo that aired of both SAB and JBD and in there is a D/E kiss and it's a new one. And there's a shot of Emmett looking mad, so I'm guessing they kiss and Daphne tells Bay, hence the "She's not the person you think she is" to Regina. Damn.

I think that's really sucky. I mean yeah stuff happens but to kiss someone when you're in a relationship and it's not the first time with that person you need to reevaluate what you're doing. It's not fair to the person you're with. I was hoping it was maybe a daydream but in the context of the rest of the promo it with Bay being upset, I think it's real.

Poor Bay
If DE kisses again and it's during the ebay relationship, then I'm officially not going to like Emmett anymore, that's cheating and cheating taints characters for me.

I think Bay's she's not the person you think she is, I think that's Melody.

But if all this is true, my heart is broken.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's about Daphne, unfortunately. The thing is E/D are each other's security blankets and Emmett has all this stuff going on in his life with his parents, the arrest and it seems like he'll be finding himself thinking things are easier with Daphne, or safer.

But you know if you make the conscious decision to be with someone you should be with them completely.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think there was waaayyyy too much overreacting about the episode (before it aired). What we got wasn't nearly as bad as what I expected to get, after reading some of the posts here.

I didn't like that Emmett pulled away from Bay, but I did understand it. He said it himself, he needs to check out once in a while, which is part of his personality. It's who he is, and he's not hiding that from anyone, so it is up to Bay to figure out if she can deal with it or not. He has a lot of great qualities to make up for him, sometimes, pushing her away. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's a bad boyfriend to Bay.

Getting arrested was traumatizing. They took away his only form of communication. He tried to tell them, but they didn't listen. To an extent, it was the hearing world going against him, and it is not the first time he has felt victimized by hearing people. For that, a part of him will always hate the hearing world, and it is understandable. While he is proud of who he is, he knows that his deafness puts him at a disadvantage, and it upsets him. Most of the time Bay, to Emmett, is "just Bay", but in a situation like this, it may be hard for him to ignore that line between hearing and deaf.

I think it's also important to remember that he has NEVER been this serious about a girl before and that includes Daphne. Yes, he had a crush on her, but they never shared a serious romantic connection. Emmett has yet to figure out the "rules" of a relationship. He is also just starting to get to know Bay, so he doesn't know what pushes her buttons. When she asked him, he said "You don't want to know" because he was SURE that what he would say next would offend her. He was keeping it bottled up for her benifit. Not because he didn't want to open up to her, but because he didn't want to offend her. He had no trouble telling Daphne, because she is also deaf. In a sense, she will understand in a way Bay never will. With that said, That's not to say that she understands him better, or more, than Bay does, but that she understands him in a different way than Bay.

Emmett and Daphne have been friends for 8 years, so I feel that he is secure in the fact that he will not lose her. With Bay, on the other hand, he still fears that she won't "stick around".

As confused as he was about the past events, he still, with a 100% certainty, defended Bay to his mother. That says A LOT.

I love that she came out to his window and while he was hesitant to come downstairs, he smiled at some of her comments. She makes him happy and he knows it.

That last scene was cute. I loved it. With Bay's comment about how she has been angry at the world her whole life, I think Emmett understood that Bay gets him, despite the fact that she is not fluent in ASL. They both understand one another, and the last scene proved it.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Poor Bay

To be honest, I feel bad for Bay.

She has been the BEST girlfriend for Emmett. And he never even told her about the FIRST kiss with Daphne. He should have told her about that. She deserved to know. Just like she also deserved to know that Daphne spent the night with Emmett in that tent. YES, nothing happened. But you have to have honesty.

And with YET another Daphne and Emmett kiss, I'm just kind of disliking how they are writing his character right now. He gets upset with Bay over every little thing. Even though she did not do anything wrong.

I feel like SHE is making more of an effort to make their relationship work. And it's unfair.

1.) When Daphne confessed her feeling for Emmett, he was as much involved in the kiss as she was. And the kiss only stopped after while! Even though he was officially with Bay in a relationship.

2.) He never told Bay about what happened.

3.) Instead, he kind of went off on her, saying that she'll never understand who he is...etc. When Bay explained that she is trying to learn sign language, and that it's hard.

4.) In the concert episode, he got angry at her when she told the other guy that he was deaf. When all she did was worry about his safety. The guy wanted to beat him up. So Bay defended him like she would ANYONE she cares about. SHE went up to him later to apologize. Again, I don't think she had to apologize to him...she did what she thought would help.

5.) In the recent new episode, he ignored her phone calls/texts. Didn't really speak with her all because he had a dislike for "hearing" people during that time. And I GET it. But I just don't think it's fair. He saw/talked with Daphne just fine because she is also deaf. Bay had to KEEP calling/texting him, asking about Daphne about him, coming to see him TWICE! When finally, later on, he came out to see her.

In other words, I need to see Emmett treat Bay the way he treated her BEFORE episode 10. He was AMAZING to her. Helping her with finding her father and being there after she found out Regina knew about her...That was a SWEET and trusting Emmett.

Then, I feel like in episode 10 and afterward, there was a shift. Yes, I do appreciate the episode in which he defended her to his mom. But he was mostly upset that his mother did not believe he could make decisions/choices on his own.

Anyway, I just feel like Bay deserves better treatment from Emmett. That's all. I'm still a HUGE HUGE fan of them. I just feel like the writers are giving Emmett some bad characteristics.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 01-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Why isn't that extended promo on yt? All i can find is the sneak peeks. Can anyone post the promo here pretty please?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra. (View Post)
I think there was waaayyyy too much overreacting about the episode (before it aired). What we got wasn't nearly as bad as what I expected to get, after reading some of the posts here.

I didn't like that Emmett pulled away from Bay, but I did understand it. He said it himself, he needs to check out once in a while, which is part of his personality. It's who he is, and he's not hiding that from anyone, so it is up to Bay to figure out if she can deal with it or not. He has a lot of great qualities to make up for him, sometimes, pushing her away. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's a bad boyfriend to Bay.

Getting arrested was traumatizing. They took away his only form of communication. He tried to tell them, but they didn't listen. To an extent, it was the hearing world going against him, and it is not the first time he has felt victimized by hearing people. For that, a part of him will always hate the hearing world, and it is understandable. While he is proud of who he is, he knows that his deafness puts him at a disadvantage, and it upsets him. Most of the time Bay, to Emmett, is "just Bay", but in a situation like this, it may be hard for him to ignore that line between hearing and deaf.

I think it's also important to remember that he has NEVER been this serious about a girl before and that includes Daphne. Yes, he had a crush on her, but they never shared a serious romantic connection. Emmett has yet to figure out the "rules" of a relationship. He is also just starting to get to know Bay, so he doesn't know what pushes her buttons. When she asked him, he said "You don't want to know" because he was SURE that what he would say next would offend her. He was keeping it bottled up for her benifit. Not because he didn't want to open up to her, but because he didn't want to offend her. He had no trouble telling Daphne, because she is also deaf. In a sense, she will understand in a way Bay never will. With that said, That's not to say that she understands him better, or more, than Bay does, but that she understands him in a different way than Bay.

Emmett and Daphne have been friends for 8 years, so I feel that he is secure in the fact that he will not lose her. With Bay, on the other hand, he still fears that she won't "stick around".

As confused as he was about the past events, he still, with a 100% certainty, defended Bay to his mother. That says A LOT.

I love that she came out to his window and while he was hesitant to come downstairs, he smiled at some of her comments. She makes him happy and he knows it.

That last scene was cute. I loved it. With Bay's comment about how she has been angry at the world her whole life, I think Emmett understood that Bay gets him, despite the fact that she is not fluent in ASL. They both understand one another, and the last scene proved it.
How would you feel about Emmett if he kisses Daphne again in the next episode?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
To be honest, I feel bad for Bay.

She has been the BEST girlfriend for Emmett. And he never even told her about the FIRST kiss with Daphne. He should have told her about that. She deserved to know. Just like she also deserved to know that Daphne spent the night with Emmett in that tent. YES, nothing happened. But you have to have honesty.

And with YET another Daphne and Emmett kiss, I'm just kind of disliking how they are writing his character right now. He gets upset with Bay over every little thing. Even though she did not do anything wrong.

I feel like SHE is making more of an effort to make their relationship work. And it's unfair.

1.) When Daphne confessed her feeling for Emmett, he was as much involved in the kiss as she was. And the kiss only stopped after while! Even though he was officially with Bay in a relationship.

2.) He never told Bay about what happened.

3.) Instead, he kind of went off on her, saying that she'll never understand who he is...etc. When Bay explained that she is trying to learn sign language, and that it's hard.

4.) In the concert episode, he got angry at her when she told the other guy that he was deaf. When all she did was worry about his safety. The guy wanted to beat him up. So Bay defended him like she would ANYONE she cares about. SHE went up to him later to apologize. Again, I don't think she had to apologize to him...she did what she thought would help.

5.) In the recent new episode, he ignored her phone calls/texts. Didn't really speak with her all because he had a dislike for "hearing" people during that time. And I GET it. But I just don't think it's fair. He saw/talked with Daphne just fine because she is also deaf. Bay had to KEEP calling/texting him, asking about Daphne about him, coming to see him TWICE! When finally, later on, he came out to see her.

In other words, I need to see Emmett treat Bay the way he treated her BEFORE episode 10. He was AMAZING to her. Helping her with finding her father and being there after she found out Regina knew about her...That was a SWEET and trusting Emmett.

Then, I feel like in episode 10 and afterward, there was a shift. Yes, I do appreciate the episode in which he defended her to his mom. But he was mostly upset that his mother did not believe he could make decisions/choices on his own.

Anyway, I just feel like Bay deserves better treatment from Emmett. That's all. I'm still a HUGE HUGE fan of them. I just feel like the writers are giving Emmett some bad characteristics.
As hard as this is for to admit, after what happened in Ep 10, I don't trust Emmett.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loezzzje (View Post)
Why isn't that extended promo on yt? All i can find is the sneak peeks. Can anyone post the promo here pretty please?
This time I'm not going to watch the promo. I'm already upset over the DE kiss.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

I hope it's a mislead and maybe it's just Daphne thinking about it, but all the same, I hate it. It means the triangle is still there and that is what bugs. They don't have enough on their plate with Melody, the arrest, the clashing of two cultures? That should be enough.

I'll try and reserve judgment until next week but it's not easy. Whatever happens it definitely seems like Bay is very upset.

I really did enjoy the ending of yesterday because it proved that EBay know each other well, though they haven't been together that long and that is why it bothers me to keep perpetuating the triangle, one sided or not. Even if Emmett did not reciprocate it's such a cheap ploy and they are such a unique couple that I'd rather see drama that fits with them. Triangles, cheating, all soap opera cliches that are overdone and wrought with no creativity.

Lol, okay. Done ranting.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I hope it's a mislead and maybe it's just Daphne thinking about it, but all the same, I hate it. It means the triangle is still there and that is what bugs. They don't have enough on their plate with Melody, the arrest, the clashing of two cultures? That should be enough.

I'll try and reserve judgment until next week but it's not easy. Whatever happens it definitely seems like Bay is very upset.

I really did enjoy the ending of yesterday because it proved that EBay know each other well, though they haven't been together that long and that is why it bothers me to keep perpetuating the triangle, one sided or not. Even if Emmett did not reciprocate it's such a cheap ploy and they are such a unique couple that I'd rather see drama that fits with them. Triangles, cheating, all soap opera cliches that are overdone and wrought with no creativity.

Lol, okay. Done ranting.
Ok I am really praying it is a mislead. I hope they are having a study date and she is just daydreaming that he kisses her and that it doesn't really happen. Please let this be the case!

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

Lol, okay. Done ranting.
Yeah, I hope it's a mislead..I really do.

My apologies if I've ever double posted, Fanforum is having a lot of problems and I post ONCE but sometimes it gets doubled, the site is down has issues.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
How would you feel about Emmett if he kisses Daphne again in the next episode?
Well, first off, I want to say that I am hoping it is a misleading promo. Maybe it's Daphne's dream, or maybe she kisses him and he pushes her away...something that doesn't make me dislike Emmett.

IF he does kiss her, I hope Bay breaks it off with him. I didn't give their last kiss importance because: A) Emmett was in the moment and it's something he thought he wanted for 8 years, B) because he backed away and told her he is with Bay. With a second kiss, I will not be so forgiving. I think Bay deserves better than to be anyone's second choice.

If he truly feels torn between both Bay and Daphne, he needs to figure it out for himself. It's unfair to Bay, otherwise.

It would ruin the character of Emmett for me, because I never thought of him ever being the type to do that. He's always so strait-forward, and in many cases, very black and white. That's not to say there cannot be any redemption for him, tho. If this leads to Bay finding out and BE breaking up, I hope Emmett fights like hell to get her back.

According to a few interviews, BE are endgame, I believe. I think this is just supposed to be angst for them. I just hope the writers don't go too far with it, because too much angst can really ruin a couple. One example, for me personally, is GG's Blair/Chuck. I loved them, but because they are never happy for more than a few seconds, I got to a point where I just don't care. I hope this doesn't happen with BE. There needs to be a balance between angst and happiness.