Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I just hope that Daphne/Emmett in 1x11 wasn't some kind of foreshadow or red herring. I'd HATE if they made one of them cheat, but cheating/third party jealousy seems to fit the criteria for teen drama. It would taint the couple for me forever.

I agree about L/L. Ruined to the point that I couldn't enjoy their 'reunion' which was a huge slap in the face to the fans. I don't know. If B/E are going to have a lot of drama, I just hope Emmett wouldn't resort to turning to Daphne and then the cliffhanger ending with them doing something that they'll both end up regretting and hurting Bay.

I hope it doesn't go there, but VM made it seem bleak, as did LW. Ignore me. They probably wouldn't do that, but after many years of being a television viewer you never know where exactly the writers are going to go.
If they had one of them cheat, they'd ruin the character for me. end of story, period.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know if it would forever ruin the character but it would be difficult for me to get behind the pairing again. Like I said, it most likely won't go down like that, or at least I hope it wouldn't. That's a very cliche soapy approach and I feel like this show does lean more towards the realistic side. But IRL people do cheat for many reasons.

Like I said, I hope they don't go down that route and stick to them having other issues, like Melody and their communication issues and maybe some jealousy involving art. Actually, I'd love to see a SL revolving around that. It would make sense that they would come up against each other at some point because while Emmett does photography, Bay does more abstract art, and when you're in a relationship with someone and you're in the same profession and one person gets more praise and accolades, it could leave the other person to become bitter and jealous. Notice many Hollywood couples split after one starts getting the better movies and Oscars and all of that.

I'd much rather see that than a cheating/jealousy/third party SL, but we'll have to trust and wait.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't know if it would forever ruin the character but it would be difficult for me to get behind the pairing again. Like I said, it most likely won't go down like that, or at least I hope it wouldn't. That's a very cliche soapy approach and I feel like this show does lean more towards the realistic side. But IRL people do cheat for many reasons.

Like I said, I hope they don't go down that route and stick to them having other issues, like Melody and their communication issues and maybe some jealousy involving art. Actually, I'd love to see a SL revolving around that. It would make sense that they would come up against each other at some point because while Emmett does photography, Bay does more abstract art, and when you're in a relationship with someone and you're in the same profession and one person gets more praise and accolades, it could leave the other person to become bitter and jealous. Notice many Hollywood couples split after one starts getting the better movies and Oscars and all of that.

I'd much rather see that than a cheating/jealousy/third party SL, but we'll have to trust and wait.

I'd rather see a art conflict story line with emmett and bay than this crap we're getting now!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguy1977 (View Post)
Please add me to the list. Thanks!
Added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
Apparently, they don't know the difference yet. I don't mind a little angst, but too much of it, no thanks. I've had to suffer through too much angst, overplayed angst and it just got SO frustrating that I didn't want to watch anymore, You want to show that Emmett/Bay can get through anything and come out stronger on the other side? I don't mind that. It'd be great to show the audience they can get through anything and make them stronger in the end. What I don't want is for them to continue to give them hard times and nothing else. They need to show the audience just how much of a connection they have, how much they care about each other, those HAPPY times that the fans need in order to stay tuned in, you HAVE to give the fans something to want to tune in for, not just emotional turmoil.
Unfortunately, what sucks is, that's normally what it is until the couple 'reconciles for good.' It's a never-ending emotional roller coaster ride where one dramatic situation after the next begins to occur. I think in order to keep some happy moments in there and show they can overcome, avoid the break-up or multiple breaks. Multiple breaks become overplayed as well and start to make a mockery of the seriousness of the couple. If a break does occur, please avoid making it over a third party love interest. I hate that, I really do - it undermines the true feelings that the couple share for each other. Show a legitimate issue that the couple is working towards 'overcoming.'

Quote:
I just hope that Daphne/Emmett in 1x11 wasn't some kind of foreshadow or red herring. I'd HATE if they made one of them cheat, but cheating/third party jealousy seems to fit the criteria for teen drama. It would taint the couple for me forever.
I'm with you - it would taint things for me forever, with the couple, and with the participating characters responsible for the cheating behavior. I won't look at either the same way again, it would really kill my enjoyment for a couple and characters I once liked.

I know you said it wouldn't necessarily ruin the character for you but it would for me since it would call said character's 'character' into question. Cheating IS NOT something everybody does so I can not just brush such a choice aside as some 'random mistake everyone makes once in their life.' This would be a huge deal for me, it would shift the foundation of a character and what they stand for.

Quote:
I agree about L/L. Ruined to the point that I couldn't enjoy their 'reunion' which was a huge slap in the face to the fans. I don't know. If B/E are going to have a lot of drama, I just hope Emmett wouldn't resort to turning to Daphne and then the cliffhanger ending with them doing something that they'll both end up regretting and hurting Bay.

I hope it doesn't go there, but VM made it seem bleak, as did LW. Ignore me. They probably wouldn't do that, but after many years of being a television viewer you never know where exactly the writers are going to go.
I didn't watch Gilmore Girls but I had an experience for myself watching Roswell. I shipped Max/Liz, the main couple, and while some other fans were able to get over what happened in order to still like the couple for the third and final season (they lost many more, though), I just couldn't. They were forever changed and tainted by a 'sex/baby' storyline with a third party from the end of the second season and even though my couple ended up married by the end of the series, I was never able to enjoy it properly.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

^This is a really cute video
Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Added.

Unfortunately, what sucks is, that's normally what it is until the couple 'reconciles for good.' It's a never-ending emotional roller coaster ride where one dramatic situation after the next begins to occur. I think in order to keep some happy moments in there and show they can overcome, avoid the break-up or multiple breaks. Multiple breaks become overplayed as well and start to make a mockery of the seriousness of the couple. If a break does occur, please avoid making it over a third party love interest. I hate that, I really do - it undermines the true feelings that the couple share for each other. Show a legitimate issue that the couple is working towards 'overcoming.'

I'm with you - it would taint things for me forever, with the couple, and with the participating characters responsible for the cheating behavior. I won't look at either the same way again, it would really kill my enjoyment for a couple and characters I once liked.

I know you said it wouldn't necessarily ruin the character for you but it would for me since it would call said character's 'character' into question. Cheating IS NOT something everybody does so I can not just brush such a choice aside as some 'random mistake everyone makes once in their life.' This would be a huge deal for me, it would shift the foundation of a character and what they stand for.

I didn't watch Gilmore Girls but I had an experience for myself watching Roswell. I shipped Max/Liz, the main couple, and while some other fans were able to get over what happened in order to still like the couple for the third and final season (they lost many more, though), I just couldn't. They were forever changed and tainted by a 'sex/baby' storyline with a third party from the end of the second season and even though my couple ended up married by the end of the series, I was never able to enjoy it properly.
I just want some happiness for Bay and Emmett to, I know we'll be getting some emotional turmoil but please, give us a few good episodes of them being happy before they start to hit them hard with the BS!

It would taint the character forever if they cheated, I can't look past cheating, I've tried, it doesn't work.

GG- I absolutely loved Luke/Lorelai, an amazing pair and with how they ended the series, it still upsets me on how they screwed them up

A friend of mine pointed out some really true, popular IT couples tend to be involved in more love triangles than the non popular ones and he's completely right because I've shipped the IT couples before and they usually are the ones who go through the most angst and drama..... I pray Emmett/Bay aren't this because I really want to see these two being long term. I want Bay to be fluent in ASL in a couple seasons!

Speaking of SAB, I just ordered my copy of SAB volume I online. FINALLY! :-D

I have a feeling that Melody is going to ground Emmett from Bay but not from Daphne...

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 01-17-2012 at 01:11 PM
Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't like how he was ignoring her when all she wanted was to make sure he was okay, but I do understand how he must have been feeling about everything.

I loved how she showed him the picture at the end and they finally talked.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The end scene was great.

Like that Bay was willing to go to the police and say it was her.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

These two are too cute and I love them, which ultimately means my shipper heart will be broken.

I didn't like him ignoring her, but I got it. Emmett is always going to have a part of him that hates the hearing world and even though most of the time she's "just Bay" to him, by extension, she is part of the hearing world. But I think the end just proved how much they mean to each other and how much they get each other.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessec12 (View Post)
I didn't like how he was ignoring her when all she wanted was to make sure he was okay, but I do understand how he must have been feeling about everything.

I loved how she showed him the picture at the end and they finally talked.
I'm glad Bay finally got through to Emmett, I understand he was upset but I really hated him ignoring her. Sweet scene at the end. Bay is the exception to hearing people
Old 01-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

She truly is "Just Bay" to him.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Kate.

She is. Someone should make a video of them set to "The Only Exception."

I truly enjoyed the last moment they had. I just have this gnawing feeling that their happiness won't last for too long. And you really are seeing how much Bay is putting into this relationship and how far she is willing to go. I'm not saying Emmett is not invested, but I have to wonder if it's purposeful on the writers' part to show that Emmett is seeing how difficult this relationship is. The emphasis once again on how Bay will never understand E/D. And Emmett's ignoring her, I just can't help feeling like eventually he'll bail because it's getting too rough.

Again, I understand how bad he felt. It was a traumatic experience. I'm just saying I see how Bay will end up being hurt.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Hey Kate.

She is. Someone should make a video of them set to "The Only Exception."

I truly enjoyed the last moment they had. I just have this gnawing feeling that their happiness won't last for too long. And you really are seeing how much Bay is putting into this relationship and how far she is willing to go. I'm not saying Emmett is not invested, but I have to wonder if it's purposeful on the writers' part to show that Emmett is seeing how difficult this relationship is. The emphasis once again on how Bay will never understand E/D. And Emmett's ignoring her, I just can't help feeling like eventually he'll bail because it's getting too rough.

Again, I understand how bad he felt. It was a traumatic experience. I'm just saying I see how Bay will end up being hurt.
What you're seeing is conflict being thrown at Bay/Emmett. The creator loves them but she warned there is hard road ahead for them.

The last scene of Bay/Emmett was showing you that Bay really cares for Emmett and is willing to do anything to make this relationship work!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That's a good idea Alyssa.

I have that same bad feeling.