Supreme Fan

I guess I do!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-13-2013, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaFairy (View Post)
Don't forget: "You really shouldn't be making out with Bay's boyfriend, Daphne."

...and this gem: "COME ON, Bay! How can you not see that Daphne and Noah are perfect for each other!?"
I know right!!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Why not? He can represent the male point of view and then when the girls ask him why he's still single if he knows about love, he can then explain his situation - AWKWARD!

Still wondering if romantic love even has a place on this show - it's more fleeting on this show lately than a one night stand.

Oh wait - we've already had too many of those .
I love this! Everyone on this thread is cracking me up!

I hope Sean Berdy see this and knows how much he is missed by fans. And I hope the writers see this and rectify the situation, like now.

When the jokes start rolling this easily, a real problem exists.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Well, if they are going to continue down this path for his character (which I hope they don't--Sean Berdy deserves so much more), then I think the booth is a great idea! At least it would be a little tongue-and-cheek and give some personality to this travesty!
I might actually love that!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaFairy (View Post)
I might actually love that!
Wouldn't it be cute? The writers gave us a shout-out when they mentioned E-Bay in season 2A.

They should give us another shout-out in 2B!

The writers could plan a Carlton fundraiser this summer and give Emmett a "The Doctor Is In" Advice-for-the-Lovelorn Booth. Everyone (even the adults) could visit Emmett's booth and give him $20 for some sage advice.

It could advance the plot of all the love stories on screen, and it would be a lot more honest writing than the way they are using Emmett now!

Daphne could ask Emmett if she should choose Noah OR some new guy? Regina could ask Emmett if she should forgive Angelo! Toby could ask Emmett if he should really get married so young! Etc.

I like it!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wouldn't it be cute? The writers gave us a shout-out when they mentioned E-Bay in season 2A.

They should give us another shout-out in 2B!

The writers could plan a Carlton fundraiser this summer and give Emmett a "The Doctor Is In" Advice-for-the-Lovelorn Booth. Everyone (even the adults) could visit Emmett's booth and give him $20 for some sage advice.

It could advance the plot of all the love stories on screen, and it would be a lot more honest writing than the way they are using Emmett now!

Daphne could ask Emmett if she should choose Noah OR some new guy? Regina could ask Emmett if she should forgive Angelo! Toby could ask Emmett if he should really get married so young! Etc.

I like it!

This is cracking me up. Emmett the love doctor.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Better than picking up a dandelion from a field - S/he loves me, s/he loves me not ....
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

This is cracking me up. Emmett the love doctor.
Emmett would make a wonderful love doctor!

When Bay walks up to the booth for advice, Emmett could turn the sign around and make it a kissing booth.

Isn't that what Sean Berdy did in Sandlot 2? Steal the girl's gum right out of her mouth at the kissing booth?

Emmett would be a pro!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Emmett would make a wonderful love doctor!

When Bay walks up to the booth for advice, Emmett could turn the sign around and make it a kissing booth.

Isn't that what Sean Berdy did in Sandlot 2? Steal the girl's gum right out of her mouth at the kissing booth?

Emmett would be a pro!
Oh my god. Emmett making it a kissing booth when Bay comes up would be pure gold. Seriously.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Supreme Fan

That would be interesting ... to see the ladies of Carlton line up to kiss Emmett (well, except for Daphne - eww - and the girl that Bay didn't get along with who's gay ... that was an odd moment, didn't really lend anything to the episode or the storyline of the character.)
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 04-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
That would be interesting ... to see the ladies of Carlton line up to kiss Emmett (well, except for Daphne - eww - and the girl that Bay didn't get along with who's gay ... that was an odd moment, didn't really lend anything to the episode or the storyline of the character.)
I agree about Emmett kissing Daphne. It's like watching someone kiss a sibling.

I did like learning that Natalie is attracted to girls. For me, it does add something to her character, and I would enjoy it if the writers explored that.

At the point it was revealed, I had been waiting to find out to whom Natalie might be attracted. I wanted to explore that part of her character. I wondered if it was Emmett or one of the other male students at Carlton. I was looking forward to seeing that part of her story unfold.

I still am looking forward to it, but now, I am looking forward to seeing her with a female student at Carlton. Especially during the teen years, romance is such a big part of life. A character cannot be fully explored without touching upon it at least a little. I would also like to learn more about Matthew's relationships (and Cody's, too, if time allows).

I wish "Switched at Birth" would try something revolutionary in the world of television. I wish the show would expand to encompass a second hour that focused solely on Carlton. That would free up the first hour to focus more on the family relationships and the switch.

Then, the second hour could be a crossover/spinoff of the Carlton universe. The one hour format is never enough for me anyway. I wish they would do this. I would love a second full hour at Carlton and to get to know all of these cool characters we've only barely met.

If only they could initiate something like that at the beginning of the third season! They could call it "Carlton: School for Whoever" -- wasn't that what Matthew said when they found out it would become 50% hearing?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it'll be interesting to see where Emmett will ultimately fall inside this Carlton debate. I mean, we know he supports Bay, but I just mean it could be interesting to see how he falls or if he ends up at odds with his mother over it since she apparently feels one way. He might feel another way.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

I think Emmett will continue to support Bay, but it could be interesting to see how the students will react. When 2A ended, it was still a concept of the 50% hearing. It wasn't something that had happened yet which means when it does happen, there is still the chance that it will get very ugly.

I could definitely see Emmett at odds with different people; Melody, Daphne, Travis.

Emmett has had too much positive interaction with hearing people to go back to his old ways for good, even with his heartache with Bay, he could never fully turn against her. And that is not something I'd ever want to see.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I think Emmett will continue to support Bay, but it could be interesting to see how the students will react. When 2A ended, it was still a concept of the 50% hearing. It wasn't something that had happened yet which means when it does happen, there is still the chance that it will get very ugly.

I could definitely see Emmett at odds with different people; Melody, Daphne, Travis.

Emmett has had too much positive interaction with hearing people to go back to his old ways for good, even with his heartache with Bay, he could never fully turn against her. And that is not something I'd ever want to see.
I'm hoping they'll support each other. I think both of them understand where each "side" is coming from, and so they may not take sides at all.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I like the idea of exploring different things - but the way it was brought up was almost a bad harbinger of the "oh yeah, my daughter's bipolar so I'm dropping out of the race." Oh, okay. Just thrown out there. I'm not bothered that there's a gay/lesbian character. Dawson's Creek did that and that worked out well - because they wrote the character well. This was almost plopped down and then left alone. Or they could bring that up as Emmett/Natalie's history - that he was there for her when she was struggling with that and that's how he knew she was okay, but he wouldn't tell Bay what he knew. That would be okay too ... but we didn't get that. I just don't like how things are dropped on us and then poof, gone the next moment. All the buildup for what? We had to endure the whole campaign storyline which was intriguing, but then it ended without any real vote - because his opponent's daughter is bipolar .

Just want more thought put into these revelations, that's all. What next - Emmett's got a kid brother hidden in the basement, who's playing "Go Fish"with the mysterious Jackson?
ODO & KIRA (DS9)