Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~inside_of_love~ (View Post)
agree with everything Cassias said i really hope they explore more of this character.

Sean/Emmett is one of the main reasons I have kept watching this show (along with Vanessa) there's just something about him he's so likeable. Sean is so talented that he can express so much a lot of times with even signing anything. He really uses his eyes to convey emotions so well.
Me, too.

This summer, I tweeted Sean Berdy:

"On #SwitchedAtBirth, it's as if there's something coiled but restless inside you struggling to get out. You ignite the screen."

And he does. There is.

Sean Berdy's talent and his skill as an actor awe me.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Me, too.

This summer, I tweeted Sean Berdy:

"On #SwitchedAtBirth, it's as if there's something coiled but restless inside you struggling to get out. You ignite the screen."

And he does. There is.

Sean Berdy's talent and his skill as an actor awe me.
wow you have such a way with words. what you said is so true though. He really does awe me with his talent as an actor. It's really hard to express emotion with your eyes and your face and he does it effortlessly.

"I’m just a regular boy who goofs around, pulls pranks, and makes jokes."
Jensen Ackles
Old 09-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
wow you have such a way with words. what you said is so true though. He really does awe me with his talent as an actor. It's really hard to express emotion with your eyes and your face and he does it effortlessly.
Aw, thank you! You are so right about him. It's funny you mention that he effortlessly expresses emotion with his eyes and face, because I was actually thinking about that very thing on my ride home from work today.

I was thinking about all of these scenes. All of his scenes were flashing before my eyes. I saw scenes from the very beginning of the series, and I especially saw the ones since Emmett and Bay broke up.

In these scenes, Sean Berdy seems to just be standing there, but his eyes and his face and his body convey volumes. It's like his soul speaks through every fiber and every cell in his body.

I have never really seen another actor like him.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Looks like Sean got honored by the LA City Council

Quote:
A gift from the City of Los Angeles. pic.twitter.com/6PmWimwf3B
^ From his twitter.

Congrats to him! Well deserved.

Last edited by Slayerfan714; 09-27-2013 at 12:15 PM
Old 09-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Looks like Sean got honored by the LA City Council

^ From his twitter.

Congrats to him! Well deserved.
I just saw this (and the pic with his parents and girlfriend too), whilst catching up with twitter after work. Lovely to see him honoured by the Council
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aw, thank you! You are so right about him. It's funny you mention that he effortlessly expresses emotion with his eyes and face, because I was actually thinking about that very thing on my ride home from work today.

I was thinking about all of these scenes. All of his scenes were flashing before my eyes. I saw scenes from the very beginning of the series, and I especially saw the ones since Emmett and Bay broke up.

In these scenes, Sean Berdy seems to just be standing there, but his eyes and his face and his body convey volumes. It's like his soul speaks through every fiber and every cell in his body.

I have never really seen another actor like him.
you are so right! I really couldn't have said it better than that. I wonder if maybe because he's deaf it's easier for him to master the technique of using other parts of his face to show emotions? He really is so talented. There are very few actors i've seen that use their face in that way. He also seems to have such a sincerity about him too, like everything he signs or even in his movements show a lot of passion behind it. He just makes Emmett so likeable he caught my eye almost from the first time we saw him and has just become an even more likeable character throughout the episodes. Not to mention on a shallow note, he is also adorable looking too!

That's awesome he won that! Good for him receiving recognition. He definitely deserves that!

"I’m just a regular boy who goofs around, pulls pranks, and makes jokes."
Jensen Ackles
Old 09-30-2013, 05:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
you are so right! I really couldn't have said it better than that. I wonder if maybe because he's deaf it's easier for him to master the technique of using other parts of his face to show emotions? He really is so talented. There are very few actors i've seen that use their face in that way. He also seems to have such a sincerity about him too, like everything he signs or even in his movements show a lot of passion behind it. He just makes Emmett so likeable he caught my eye almost from the first time we saw him and has just become an even more likeable character throughout the episodes. Not to mention on a shallow note, he is also adorable looking too!

That's awesome he won that! Good for him receiving recognition. He definitely deserves that!
Facial expression is all part and parcel of sign language; if you watch people who are conversing in ASL, for example, they are looking at each other's faces. Lip patterns, expressions and eye movements can all carry grammatical significance. So very often people who are ASL (or other sign language) speakers are really good at facial expressions and body language. Not just in expressing it themselves, but in reading other people (remember Daphne talking about Deaf people picking up other players' tells in poker?). Not only that, for people who are primarily sign language speakers, the day to day communication with hearing people who do not sign often involves quite a bit of gesturing and facial expression etc too.

Even given all that, though, I still find Sean Berdy extraordinarily expressive. The nuance of his expression is just a joy to behold. (And you're right, it really doesn't hurt that he looks adorable)
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassias (View Post)
Even given all that, though, I still find Sean Berdy extraordinarily expressive. The nuance of his expression is just a joy to behold. (And you're right, it really doesn't hurt that he looks adorable)
So true! It amazes me how Sean Berdy stole my heart from the first moment I saw him.

At certain times, he reminds me of a young Paul Newman, and I am wondering (seriously...I really am wondering), if I have imagined the resemblance, or if others see it, too.

Obviously, Sean Berdy is one of a kind, but what do you all think? Does he have some resemblance to Paul Newman?

http://alextrenoweth.com/wp-content/...ul-newman1.jpg

http://alextrenoweth.com/wp-content/...of-300x227.jpg

I sure do want good things to happen for Emmett this season. That's my one request.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like a bit of a cougar, but in that scene with Bay, Sean looked really yummy. That blue shirt fit him well. And while I like Emmett's usual style, I wouldn't mind seeing him dressed more fancy in a few more scenes next season. Prom? Graduation?

I also want good things for Emmett, too.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

yeah he looks very handsome in fancy clothes. would not oppose to more of that.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I feel like a bit of a cougar, but in that scene with Bay, Sean looked really yummy. That blue shirt fit him well. And while I like Emmett's usual style, I wouldn't mind seeing him dressed more fancy in a few more scenes next season. Prom? Graduation?

I also want good things for Emmett, too.
Yeah, me, too. Over the years, I have loved a variety of characters, in books, in movies, and on television. But I have never loved any character as much as I love Emmett.

The Little Prince is the only other character that has ever come close:

Scene from The Little Prince - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NPFMjA5F4E
Old 10-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, me, too. Over the years, I have loved a variety of characters, in books, in movies, and on television. But I have never loved any character as much as I love Emmett.

The Little Prince is the only other character that has ever come close:

Scene from The Little Prince - YouTube

I'm glad you feel that love for him, Amy!

I hope Bay is up there though too!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I'm glad you feel that love for him, Amy!

I hope Bay is up there though too!
I do love Bay. She's plucky. I love her the way that I love Anne of Green Gables or the way that I love Scarlett O'Hara or the way that I love Nancy on thirtysomething.

Bay reminds me of my daughter. Sometimes I have to catch myself not to call my daughter Bay; they remind me so much of each other.

But there's something special about Emmett and The Little Prince. Both Emmett and The Little Prince have this singleness of purpose, this loyalty, this dedication that is absolutely extraordinary.

Whatever it is, it is a beautiful quality.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do love Bay. She's plucky. I love her the way that I love Anne of Green Gables or the way that I love Scarlett O'Hara or the way that I love Nancy on thirtysomething.

Bay reminds me of my daughter. Sometimes I have to catch myself not to call my daughter Bay; they remind me so much of each other.

But there's something special about Emmett and The Little Prince. Both Emmett and The Little Prince have this singleness of purpose, this loyalty, this dedication that is absolutely extraordinary.

Whatever it is, it is a beautiful quality.
That's cute!

I agree; something definitely special about Emmett.

We need a new title. Any suggestions?

The only one I could come up with is "We can't wait to see what next season holds for him."
Old 10-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's cute!

I agree; something definitely special about Emmett.

We need a new title. Any suggestions?

The only one I could come up with is "We can't wait to see what next season holds for him."
I have a few ideas! I will PM you.