Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

If we look over Emmett's role in Season 2, as a whole, starting with Bay venting to Emmett about Angelo's baby drama in the Carlton parking lot, and moving to Emmett witnessing Bay's budding friendship with Noah at the Tolerance Retreat, and then into Emmett's Deaf rap and staging the uprising with Daphne, and finally to Emmett helping Bay with Deafenstein, and then, watching his dad get a cochlear implant, and hosting Toby's bachelor party, which moments have been your favorite?

I have loved every single one. It's so difficult for me to choose.
  1. Emmett's and Bay's kiss during Dawn of the Deaf was AMAZING.
  2. I also loved when Emmett showed up at Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party and told her he was really glad to be there.
  3. And I loved when Emmett stood between Bay and Noah at the Tolerance Retreat, and that scene, at the end, where Emmett tells Bay that it "hurts too much to be with you and not to be with you" breaks my heart.
  4. The Deaf rap was really special to me, too. There's something about the way Emmett carries himself in that scene that makes him seem like so much more of a man than he was in Season 1. And I love when he unfurls Bay's art and runs down the stairs to make sure Bay knows she is welcome in the school, that it's her school, too.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
If we look over Emmett's role in Season 2, as a whole, starting with Bay venting to Emmett about Angelo's baby drama in the Carlton parking lot, and moving to Emmett witnessing Bay's budding friendship with Noah at the Tolerance Retreat, and then into Emmett's Deaf rap and staging the uprising with Daphne, and finally to Emmett helping Bay with Deafenstein, and then, watching his dad get a cochlear implant, and hosting Toby's bachelor party, which moments have been your favorite?

I have loved every single one. It's so difficult for me to choose.
  1. Emmett's and Bay's kiss during Dawn of the Deaf was AMAZING.
  2. I also loved when Emmett showed up at Bay's anti-Valentine's Day party and told her he was really glad to be there.
  3. And I loved when Emmett stood between Bay and Noah at the Tolerance Retreat, and that scene, at the end, where Emmett tells Bay that it "hurts too much to be with you and not to be with you" breaks my heart.
  4. The Deaf rap was really special to me, too. There's something about the way Emmett carries himself in that scene that makes him seem like so much more of a man than he was in Season 1. And I love when he unfurls Bay's art and runs down the stairs to make sure Bay knows she is welcome in the school, that it's her school, too.
My favorite is probably the most recent with Emmett, Cameron, and Melody. I thought that was a nice moment for him. And deserved, too. But I also love Emmett coming down the stairs for Bay. Emmett hasn't had the smoothest ride as a character (then again I guess nobody has) but I have enjoyed his evolution from telling Daphne he wouldn't kiss the Kennishes or hearing peoples asses to telling Bay Carlton was her school too.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
My favorite is probably the most recent with Emmett, Cameron, and Melody. I thought that was a nice moment for him. And deserved, too. But I also love Emmett coming down the stairs for Bay. Emmett hasn't had the smoothest ride as a character (then again I guess nobody has) but I have enjoyed his evolution from telling Daphne he wouldn't kiss the Kennishes or hearing peoples asses to telling Bay Carlton was her school too.
Which scene did you like better in that episode, the scene with Emmett sitting next to Melody at the audiologist's office or the scene with Emmett playing the drums?

Which of Emmett's Bay scenes have you liked best in Season 2?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Addicted Fan

i think my fav bay/emmett season 2 scene is when he went to find her on the steps.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
i think my fav bay/emmett season 2 scene is when he went to find her on the steps.
That was a really sweet moment. He specifically went to look for her. Emmett wasn't going into the building until he found Bay. I love that.

Any other favorite Emmett scenes in Season 2A or 2B?
Old 08-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Addicted Fan

def the final scene of 2x19.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Same here!

As for a non-Bay Emmett moment, 2x19 for me as well. It was great that he could get to that place with his parents.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Emmett's toast was beautiful. I loved seeing Bay interpret it for the guests.

Emmett & Bay are charming together.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Addicted Fan

We never found out if he got chlamydia
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
True. I tend to think he didn't, but even if he did, there is no reason to bring it up in January. He would be cured of it after one week of antibiotics.

So by then, it would be unimportant.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Emmett's toast was beautiful. I loved seeing Bay interpret it for the guests.

Emmett & Bay are charming together.
I know. Me too!

They are!

The chlamydia isn't a big deal. As far as STD's go, it's a fairly easy one to cure. And Emmett doesn't have a girlfriend/sexual partner at the moment where Toby was getting married. Makes sense that they'd address his test results, but not Emmett.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Not surprising about it.. Which that's why it went out of blue and make it like Emmett and Toby become closer bec of this..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Master Fan

Today, the "Switched at Birth" facebook page features a picture of Emmett & Bay, during Emmett's toast at Toby's wedding rehearsal.

I posted a comment and thought I would share it here, too:
Sean Berdy ignites the screen. The way he expresses himself stirs me. It is as if there's something coiled but restless inside of him, struggling to get out. For me, his character, Emmett, clarifies the show's meaning, its reach into the universal soul. Please feature Sean Berdy in Season 3. We haven't seen nearly enough of him. I miss Emmett!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Today, the "Switched at Birth" facebook page features a picture of Emmett & Bay, during Emmett's toast at Toby's wedding rehearsal.

I posted a comment and thought I would share it here, too:
Sean Berdy ignites the screen. The way he expresses himself stirs me. It is as if there's something coiled but restless inside of him, struggling to get out. For me, his character, Emmett, clarifies the show's meaning, its reach into the universal soul. Please feature Sean Berdy in Season 3. We haven't seen nearly enough of him. I miss Emmett!
Hear hear! So glad you reposted it here, as I tend not to visit the facebook page.

With regard to favourite S2 Emmett moments, after this week, I am at a loss. Those two little scenes with Bay were perfection. But then, casting my mind back, there have been so many more. You've discussed some already. I really loved Emmett's hesitation before playing for his dad - the idea that perhaps his dad should listen to a professional for his first time, and not knowing what to play. He can be so confident, yet there are these little chinks in his armour. That hesitation made his delight at his dad's appreciation all the more of a treasure.

I was trying to explain, yesterday, to a dear friend who does not watch the show, why I am frustrated at times by the way - or more accurately, the amount - that Emmett is written. He comes onscreen, lights it up, completely steals the show for the very few minutes he is there, and then disappears. I so hope for much more Emmett in S3.

I also hope that Sean will have plenty of opportunities to do other things. Hoping so much that Switched at Birth really is beginning to make a difference for Deaf actors.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassias (View Post)
Hear hear! So glad you reposted it here, as I tend not to visit the facebook page.

With regard to favourite S2 Emmett moments, after this week, I am at a loss. Those two little scenes with Bay were perfection. But then, casting my mind back, there have been so many more. You've discussed some already. I really loved Emmett's hesitation before playing for his dad - the idea that perhaps his dad should listen to a professional for his first time, and not knowing what to play. He can be so confident, yet there are these little chinks in his armour. That hesitation made his delight at his dad's appreciation all the more of a treasure.
I agree about Emmett's hesitation. He is such a charming character. I recognize myself in him, my struggle, and yet, there is so much to admire about Emmett. I sympathize with his plight. I cannot help but love how human he is.

Quote:
I was trying to explain, yesterday, to a dear friend who does not watch the show, why I am frustrated at times by the way - or more accurately, the amount - that Emmett is written. He comes onscreen, lights it up, completely steals the show for the very few minutes he is there, and then disappears. I so hope for much more Emmett in S3.
Such a perfect description. Emmett appears onscreen, lights up our world for a brief moment, and then disappears offscreen again. I am always left yearning for more.

Quote:
I also hope that Sean will have plenty of opportunities to do other things. Hoping so much that Switched at Birth really is beginning to make a difference for Deaf actors.
Me, too. I have compared Sean Berdy to the greatest actors of our time in previous posts. I see that gift in him.

As I have watched him this season, I have often thought he reminds me of a young Paul Newman. He has the charm and charisma of Cary Grant.

Sean Berdy carries himself like an actor of Hollywood's Golden Age. I pretty much adore him!