Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Well, it definitely depends on Angelo. I mean, he is the wildcard here, but I think that applies to Bay as well as Daphne. If his motivations are tainted in order to make a profit out of all this, I don't think he's being sincere with Bay either which is just sad.

I just mean that if Angelo really is sincere about wanting a second chance, and to prove himself, it would be nice for Daphne to be able to let go of her anger and forgive, regardless of the past.
Is there something I'm missing? Do you guys think Angelo is back for financial gain? And he doesn't care about getting to know Bay or Daphne?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
Is there something I'm missing? Do you guys think Angelo is back for financial gain? And he doesn't care about getting to know Bay or Daphne?
It's mostly speculation at this point, since we know so little about him and why he just showed back up, AFTER news of the switch broke out. It calls his sudden reappearance into question. Could it just be convenient timing, chance, sure - but I'm still on the fence about the 'Nurse Story.' Supposedly, Angelo sought her out, and even if the nurse does turn out to be completely legit, I'm still questioning if Angelo is in this for some lawsuit money. Not to mention, any profits that Kathryn might make off of selling their story.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree Heather. We needs to know what his motives are.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
It's mostly speculation at this point, since we know so little about him and why he just showed back up, AFTER news of the switch broke out. It calls his sudden reappearance into question. Could it just be convenient timing, chance, sure - but I'm still on the fence about the 'Nurse Story.' Supposedly, Angelo sought her out, and even if the nurse does turn out to be completely legit, I'm still questioning if Angelo is in this for some lawsuit money. Not to mention, any profits that Kathryn might make off of selling their story.
Yikes. Honestly, I'm not too interested in Angelo at this point, Daphne doesn't even have that emotional security with Angelo, only Regina and her grandmother and Emmett. It'd be interesting to see what he really is back for, his daughters or money?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am curious about him. As far as Daphne goes, I think she has some abandonment issues to work through regarding the man she believed to be her father for such a long time, the one who walked out on her. That's a HUGE mental blow and him suddenly reappearing has surely conjured up a whole bunch of buried feelings. If anything, I'm looking forward to Daphne getting all that out in the open with him.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm glad Daphne stood up for herself with Angelo.

I hope next that Daphne stands up for herself on the basketball team. Hopefully she finds a way to prove just how good she is.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad she stood up/confronted Angelo too. That whole scene broke my heart.

Also the Buckner situation...wow! I hope Daphne shows them that she is a good player and that the coach will see that too.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought that KL did a wonderful job tonight.

Daphne needed to get that off of her chest. As heartbreaking as it was I'm glad they didn't sugarcoat it cause sometimes in life you can't make something good when it's not. Angelo had to admit that her becoming deaf was a little part of why he left I have no respect for him for that, but Daphne was owed the truth no matter how painful it was for her to hear. My heart broke for her cause thanks to him in the back of her mind whenever she is discriminated against she always goes to thinking it's because she is deaf. I'm glad she got up the courage to confront him I was really proud of her.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm really glad she told Bay to get off her high horse tonight when Bay came asking her if Emmett told her (Daphne) why/if he was mad at her (Bay), etc. Uh - first of all, he's YOUR boyfriend. Go to him and ask him somehow. Second, D/E have been friends for 8+ years, they do have other topics of conversation that do NOT involve you. Third, if Emmett had confided something private to Daphne, Daphne certainly is not under any obligation to tell Bay about it and betray Emmett's confidence.

Bay sometimes annoys me ... and her hero worship of Angelo (snidely commenting that Daphne still hates him -- ahem, for good reason) and acting like something is wrong with Daphne for being angry isn't cool. Angelo doesn't give a penny for either girls, IMO, he's looking to get into the $$$ settlement.

My guess is that he was involved in embezzlement/fraud and had to live under an alias for a couple years, which is how he allowed himself to "disappear."
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I'm really glad she told Bay to get off her high horse tonight when Bay came asking her if Emmett told her (Daphne) why/if he was mad at her (Bay), etc. Uh - first of all, he's YOUR boyfriend. Go to him and ask him somehow. Second, D/E have been friends for 8+ years, they do have other topics of conversation that do NOT involve you. Third, if Emmett had confided something private to Daphne, Daphne certainly is not under any obligation to tell Bay about it and betray Emmett's confidence.

Bay sometimes annoys me ... and her hero worship of Angelo (snidely commenting that Daphne still hates him -- ahem, for good reason) like something is wrong with Daphne isn't cool. Angelo doesn't give a penny for either girls, IMO, he's looking to get into the $$$ settlement.

My guess is that he was involved in embezzlement/fraud and had to live under an alias for a couple years, which is how he allowed himself to "disappear."
And I really hate how people gang up on Bay, she's not this selfish spoiled self absorbed princess. She's a young girl who has to be on her feet at all times because Daphne isn't accepting of her relationship with Emmett. If someone said they weren't giving up on and getting their boyfriend from you, I'd assume you'd be on your toes too.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that could go either way because Daphne gets ganged up on plenty.

Personally I thought aside from their little aurguement that they actually seemed to find some middle ground with each other.It's not always going to be easy for them, but in a way they are the only two people who truly know what it's like to go through the whole switch drama.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Supreme Fan

If Bay is supposed to build her own closeness to Emmett, she needs to ask him these things. Not use a cheat sheet - his best friend. Never said I was ganging up on her, but it wasn't exactly tactful to ask Daphne. Why should Daphne say anything? Bay hasn't exactly done Daphne any favors - oh wait, except telling her to dump Liam cause she dated him first. Yet, she's cool with dating all of Daphne's good friends. Daphne's not allowed to date anybody Bay's ever gone out with - could be a long list.

Both girls annoy me at moments though. Both have bratty moments.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Daphne had some good moments tonight.

First off, I love how she handled herself after discovering that her new coach recruited her to the new team under false pretenses. She could have given up, quit the team - heck, I wouldn't have blamed her, but she decided to stick it out, practice more, and prove to this coach why she deserves the playing time just like any other player on that team.

Secondly, a very emotional scene confronting Angelo. I'm glad that she did it, I think she needed to, even if confirmation of the truth was a hard thing for her to hear. What she told him was the truth - a young child is oblivious to blood and DNA ties. To her, she lost her daddy, plain and simple. One day he was there and the next day he was gone, just like that. And she came to believe it was her fault. Very sad.

I don't trust Angelo - there is something up. I think in the end, though, Bay is going to walk out of this more hurt than Daphne because Daphne has got her defenses up and with good reason. Bay walked into this more blindly, thinking that she had a bio father who wanted to get to know her. At times, it seems like he does want to get to know Bay, and make amends with Daphne, but I don't believe anymore that this was ever his top priority. Not after the news that John and Kathryn uncovered from the lawyer files.

He probably got into some big trouble, went into hiding, and now he needs money to get himself out of the trouble. He owes people.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Heck, he might be part of the mob or something ... or owe the mob. That's why he went into hiding.

I think that Bay is bitter that Daphne drew the ace here. Not against Daphne, per se. Just because Bay knows how great John is as a dad, so she's trying to make Angelo into HER ideal bio-dad. She's gonna learn that genetics are not exactly everything - and that John will always be her dad. Angelo was just the sperm donor. Sadly, though, I think Bay will remain naive and try too hard to get Angelo to stick around. Daphne knows he will bail at the first opportunity.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)