Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I need to get my thoughts together and see the episode again, but my feelings about Jeff and Daphne hasn't changed in anything it has gotten worse.

I did like her interaction with Scuba though.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:27 AM
New Fan

Chef Jeff may be a player only wanting the fine dessert of lovin & the milk for free w/out the commitment of wedding bells & true lasting love. I just hope Melody, Daphne & Bay find the right guy for them. The same goes for Toby & Emmett finding true love w/ the right lady. I did get a good laugh at least knowing where Emmett got his hop in the bed gene from dear ol' lovable Melody (the flirt). I felt really bad for the Kennishes & Angelo pulled this way & that way getting the Rodney Dangerfield routine from others (kids, the spouse, or the media or a combo of all three) of no respect.

Overall the season is shaping up well so far. Can't wait for next week.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so, I got the chance to watch last night and I do have some mixed feelings. Not about the show, lol, of course, just about what is going on in general.

Lol, love Bay but she definitely played her two dads against each other. Not cool. John made a valid point to her last night that I really hope she thinks about. Angelo was invited into their home so that she could develop a relationship with him yet she treated him with no respect by using him as nothing more than 'a cover.'

And Angelo?! Definitely has a lot to learn about being a dad. John was right, being Bay's father is not about making sure she likes 'you.' Being a parent is a tough job - there are many ups and downs that come with the territory and when you are looking out for your kid's best interest, it's not always going to be sunshine and roses. Although, I can sympathize with 'why' Angelo would have wanted to do something to help Bay. In his own way, I'm sure he's trying to show Bay that he'll be there for her but at the same time, that was definitely the wrong way to go about it: Helping her to defy her parents rules and regulations.

Jeff and Daphne: Okay, I was relaxing a bit with their interactions last night, and at one point I even thought: Hey, Maybe Jeff isn't really such a bad guy after all. He was opening up to Daphne and got to see for himself finally that Daphne does have cooking potential, especially after the whole shelf mess with the cupcakes going everywhere, lol. Eh, but then his hook-up with Melody showed me something different: I think this guy might be a smooth player. The fact that he very possibly will jump from a woman like Melody to a teenaged girl like Daphne, it just gives me the creep vibe.

I, too, like her her interactions more with Scuba. I wonder if he knows something about 'Chef' that he hasn't shared with Daphne yet. Hm.

Poor Daphne - some of her insecurities are really shining through. The fact that she wanted to change how she normally dresses in order to get attention from the opposite sex kind of demonstrates that. It didn't even garner the reaction she was looking for. Hopefully, this phase will pass and she will know that being herself is ultimately more important than trying to be like someone else, who you're just not.

Kathryn, Regina, and the interview was a bit annoying and not because of Regina or Kathryn. I know Regina brought up valid points about how it was Kathryn's own writing that brought about attention on Regina; however, that interviewer was just too obvious on how she was ignoring Kathryn, lol. I kind of found it easy to relate to why Kathryn was feeling overshadowed during that whole interview.

But ...

It lead to Kathryn uncovering Angelo's source at the hospital when she and Regina visited the hospital to stroll down 'memory lane.' It was nice of Regina to try and put Kathryn's mind at ease about the entire switch but I wonder where the story is turning with this nurse/source person.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

This was definitely a heavy handed episode about decisions, actions and ultimately we’ll see the consequences, but as messy as it gets, I think it’s one of the things I continuously love about the show, that being that it doesn’t promise things in a neat, tidy bow. In life, people make mistakes and look for attention in all the wrong ways and by doing the wrong things.

I definitely think the title was integral to the plot, the shock of being seen, for sure. Both Daphne and Bay want to be seen by others, Daphne by Jeff or actually just by guys as not some cardigan wearing geek (her own words) and Bay as someone who has potential. I do think John’s “If you applied yourself, you could be someone,” struck her hard. I get where he was coming from. I think when people say that it’s easy to take it the wrong way, I know I have, especially when you’re already down on your luck.

But what is the price of being seen and how far are you willing to go to get seen is the question, because at some point, someone will notice you, but whether it’s for the right or wrong reason is also a factor, and what do you have to give up to be seen. I think it played very well on those questions between Daphne, Bay, and even Kathryn who was questioning how she didn’t know she brought home the wrong baby and was resenting Regina for getting the praise when she did the wrong thing in Kathryn’s mind.

In the end, to really be seen, you kind of have to let yourself be vulnerable. I like how the show has played on that not just last night’s episode, but various episodes.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

I was surprising about the end of the episode, but I'm looking forward to see how it play out.. Plus I think that Jeff don't see Daphne since she's young for him, but who know since sometimes, promo may misleading us..

Also, I don't like how Bay acting in this episode and I was disappoint about how she behaved and hopefully that she doesn't do that again..

I really enjoy Regina and Kathyln so far and it was nice to see their points even I'm not on either side, but understand them.. Plus I can't wait to see what Kathyln are going to do since she now know about the nurse that w/ Angelo..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone, I’m Laura, here on behalf of ABC Family! So glad to hear you enjoyed last night’s episode. There were a lot of issues presented in the episode and I love the discussion you guys are having about them. It looks like Bay is going to have to suffer the consequences of trying to be seen in next week’s episode. Do you think she is rebelling for attention or just trying to express herself? I’d love to hear more of your thoughts on the episode!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyshorty85 (View Post)
Also, I don't like how Bay acting in this episode and I was disappoint about how she behaved and hopefully that she doesn't do that again..
She behaved pretty normal in my book.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCFamilyTV (View Post)
Hi everyone, I’m Laura, here on behalf of ABC Family! So glad to hear you enjoyed last night’s episode. There were a lot of issues presented in the episode and I love the discussion you guys are having about them. It looks like Bay is going to have to suffer the consequences of trying to be seen in next week’s episode. Do you think she is rebelling for attention or just trying to express herself? I’d love to hear more of your thoughts on the episode!
One can tell that Bay has always enjoyed expressing herself artistically, but now, most definitely, she is rebelling for attention. When she tagged "I Was Here" on her father's car wash, how could it be anything else? She feels invisible. Not that everyone is necessarily ignoring her, but she has lost her firm foundation, her roots, her identity. She needs someone to put her first. She had that in Emmett for awhile, and now that he let her down, she is adrift.

I am so impressed by this show and the character development. The writers are genius. I have not felt this way about characters on television, since 2005's "Six Feet Under." I am growing to love the characters of "Switched at Birth" every bit as much, so please tell the writers to handle them with care. This show has won my heart, and I am trusting the writers and actors to keep it real. What a phenomenal job they have done so far with this first season.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Definately a episode of two fathers and two mothers....... and their daughters - wanting to be seen

I think if Angelo is to stick around and wants to be a good dad, like John says to protect a child...... then Angelo is in the best place to learn that from John and Kathryn

I have no problem with Melody and Jeff hooking up....... i guess coz its just two ppl hooking up for fun, both liked each other and responded to that, and also Melody wants fun

But i still dont feel much for Jeff/Daphne, i very much like her interactions with Scuba (i assume thats his nickname lol), , hopefully we might get more scenes with them, now that she is upgraded to something else then washing dishes

Nice to see Kathryn out with Melody and Regina, these three women - should have more fun together, nice to see her cute lawyer, even their small tals, they are still uncomfortable, to be honest i rather that build up then Jeff/Daphne.

And Daphne is great as she is, she doesnt need to change........ she needs an guy who will accept her as a whole and make her feel safe and secure, and wonderful

I like the new info that Kathryn got, who might be the source and so on

Also as much as i dont like Angelo, i actually found him likable in this episode and also i wouldnt mind seeing him and Toby making some music and so on, (i am sure Angelo can play the guitar and so on)

Also are their gonna be any Jeff and Scuba own threads opening up? or Scuba/Daphne or Jeff/Daphne.........
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones

Last edited by Lennie1984; 09-18-2012 at 03:07 PM
Old 09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Also are their gonna be any Jeff and Scuba own threads opening up? or Scuba/Daphne or Jeff/Daphne.........
Those threads are fine to open if somebody wants to since we don't have them yet. They are characters on the show and those two pairings are between characters that have interaction.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Those threads are fine to open if somebody wants to since we don't have them yet. They are characters on the show and those two pairings are between characters that have interaction.
I was wondering about that. I noticed we don't have one for Bay/John or Angelo/Bay. Regina/Angelo, Patrick/Regina.....or Zarra/Bay
Old 09-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

All of those should be fine.

Like Heather said, all characters on the show and who have interactions with each other.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see Jeff actually having an interest in Daphne
don't get the hate toward him...he's an adult and allowed to hook up with another adult if he wants

Bay acted like a brat..the father vs father, vandalizing the car wash
yea John doesn't get the art...but he didn't get Toby's music at first either..convince him in another way
Old 09-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
I don't see Jeff actually having an interest in Daphne
don't get the hate toward him...he's an adult and allowed to hook up with another adult if he wants
Bay acted like a brat..the father vs father, vandalizing the car wash
yea John doesn't get the art...but he didn't get Toby's music at first either..convince him in another way
Yeah, I personally don't have a problem with that. What I do find creepy is if he's going to hook up with Daphne after this, which the previews were hinting at.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I've learned to never trust promos ever so...