Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

I really did like Neal, but I agree that something still makes me uneasy about him. I haven't seen True Blood for ages so I don't know him from that, but still. I wonder if he was pulling some kind of long con on Emma.

BTW, done anyone else think she waited in Tallahassee for him for two years? So maybe she left and carried on moving around because she got over him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothesis (View Post)
We know that August is Pinocchio, so what did you expect ?
But Pinocchio is about lying, not stealing.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
I really did like Neal, but I agree that something still makes me uneasy about him. I haven't seen True Blood for ages so I don't know him from that, but still. I wonder if he was pulling some kind of long con on Emma.

BTW, done anyone else think she waited in Tallahassee for him for two years? So maybe she left and carried on moving around because she got over him?
Kitsis and Horrowitz pretty much said that she went to Tallahassee looking for him after she got out of jail, and stuck around hoping he'd show up.

I said somewhere else that I was expecting to actually get an answer to the question that Regina asked of Emma in S1 regarding why she (Emma) spent so much time in that city, but, in retrospect, we actually did get that answer, albeit in a rather roundabout fashion. She spent so much time in Tallahassee because she was hoping that Neal would show up.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Eddy and Adam confirmed in the podcast she went there to look for Neal. I think she moved on but I wouldn't say she got over him. Even now she wears the keychain he gave her as a necklace 11 years on.

Quote:
August's main problem is temptation. He reminded me of an addict/gambler who just couldn't resist temptation. We saw in season one he was trying to overcome it, this was interesting to see when he couldn't.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Absolute Fan

August really wasn't intentionally trying to ruin Emma's life by ambushing Neal and by taking the money; that's just what ended up happening.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
August really wasn't intentionally trying to ruin Emma's life by ambushing Neal and by taking the money; that's just what ended up happening.
I agree. He thought this was the right way to break the curse, and it was his weakness that caused him to pocket the money. Could things have been done differently? Yes. But we saw last season he was trying to make amends.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamFez (View Post)
I agree. He thought this was the right way to break the curse, and it was his weakness that caused him to pocket the money. Could things have been done differently? Yes. But we saw last season he was trying to make amends.
Which is to his credit. It doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to face the wrath of Emma and Neal, though, which I think he will.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamFez (View Post)
Eddy and Adam confirmed in the podcast she went there to look for Neal. I think she moved on but I wouldn't say she got over him. Even now she wears the keychain he gave her as a necklace 11 years on.

August's main problem is temptation. He reminded me of an addict/gambler who just couldn't resist temptation. We saw in season one he was trying to overcome it, this was interesting to see when he couldn't.
Well in a way she never will get over him, because he's the father of her child. But in a romantic way I think waiting for someone for two years and them not showing would pretty much kill a relationship.

Totally agree about August. He was what, 25/26 in that episode? Still not exactly mature. There is a world of different between a guy in his mid twenties and a guy in his mid thirties. Here's hoping that they give us an episode with some actual backstory for him to explain that a bit better...

Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 PM
New Fan

Quote:

But he lied telling Neal (Bae??) he would give Emma the money
Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Neal did not want a lot of responsibility, partly wanted to end in a way, does not mean they do not love emma, only if he says he's going to be a father I think you scared,,,

Neal looked more like a child, he did not want to be tied to responsibilities, and a family gets you, so I think that may be peter pan (besides Bae) wanted freedom, and freedom was something that Emma fell in love, freedom .. ... Neal follows Emma seems very easy to discuss not only with history and shows something (whatever it is there in the box should be shocking .... ding or magic beans?)

not fight, acepatar is easier and gives the money to take his faults

hope it's not true love emma, but his first love

just an idea
Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Where do you get that Neal didn't want responsibility? He was the one that wanted to settle down and get a place together, so out of him and Emma, I'd say he was the more responsible one. Plus he said how they'd promised to look out for each other and he'd never leave her. Something he saw changed his mind about what was the best/right thing to do. Remember, even August couched it in terms of doing right by Emma. I think that's what Neal was trying to do - what was best for Emma and/or the cursed.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothesis (View Post)
But he lied telling Neal (Bae??) he would give Emma the money
Yeah, but actually stealing thousands of dollars is not even close to something Pinocchio would do. Lying is one thing, stealing like that and still lying is a whole other thing. And a road I really hope they don't start down with him...

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liriel (View Post)
Where do you get that Neal didn't want responsibility? He was the one that wanted to settle down and get a place together, so out of him and Emma, I'd say he was the more responsible one. Plus he said how they'd promised to look out for each other and he'd never leave her. Something he saw changed his mind about what was the best/right thing to do. Remember, even August couched it in terms of doing right by Emma. I think that's what Neal was trying to do - what was best for Emma and/or the cursed.
Pretty much agree.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Last edited by mute; 11-08-2012 at 10:57 AM
Old 06-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hook and Emma had some nice chemistry in this episode. I wonder if anything's going to happen with these two?

Emma might need to get over her trust issues first.

Last edited by scififan2009; 06-20-2014 at 01:05 PM
Old 06-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Hook and Emma had some nice chemistry in this episode. I wonder if anything's going to happen with these two?

Emma might need to get over her trust issues first.

Hmmmm ...