Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is the only part of August that bothers me; the fact that he took the money. That seems to be his kyrptonite, his drug of choice.

Reverse what I just said. That shouldn't bother me. I shouldn't judge. We all have our weaknesses, our faults. Money is his.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the episode!

It was great to see Emma's backstory.

Highlights for me Emma, Neal, Emma/Neal, Snow, Snow/Emma, Snow/Aurora, and, Charming/Henry.

I did like some of Hook's moments too.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

I ship Emma&Neal, but Emma&Hook was very disgusting.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why have so many people jumped to the conclusion that August kept the money??? It just wouldn't be in his interest to have Emma be destitute when she's released from prison.

I'll bet we see Emma getting into the car for the first time when she's free, opening the glove box or trunk, and finding the cash there! Or she'll get another special delivery package containing it or a bank book. It will be her startup money for her bail bond business!

I always liked August very much, tho not as a love interest for Emma; but I remember being so angry with him when I thought he'd abandoned Emma - and broken all his promises - when she was a baby. NOW we know he was still keeping watch over her, but from a distance. She could not fulfill her role as the Savior for 28 years, so I can't really blame him too much for giving in to his Pinocchio nature for long periods of time between checking in on her.

I may be wrong, maybe it will turn out that he did keep the money. I just don't think we have any proof of that from the episode. The writers may want you to think he did by having him send the car keys from PhuKet, but we know how tricky they are!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Why have so many people jumped to the conclusion that August kept the money??? It just wouldn't be in his interest to have Emma be destitute when she's released from prison.

I'll bet we see Emma getting into the car for the first time when she's free, opening the glove box or trunk, and finding the cash there! Or she'll get another special delivery package containing it or a bank book. It will be her startup money for her bail bond business!

I always liked August very much, tho not as a love interest for Emma; but I remember being so angry with him when I thought he'd abandoned Emma - and broken all his promises - when she was a baby. NOW we know he was still keeping watch over her, but from a distance. She could not fulfill her role as the Savior for 28 years, so I can't really blame him too much for giving in to his Pinocchio nature for long periods of time between checking in on her.

I may be wrong, maybe it will turn out that he did keep the money. I just don't think we have any proof of that from the episode. The writers may want you to think he did by having him send the car keys from PhuKet, but we know how tricky they are!
This! I know it looks bad right now, but I don't want to jump to conclusions, when the one thing this show loves to do is subvert them.

As far as I know, you cannot send cash to prisoners. So he would have had to do something with it, like bank it for her.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Why have so many people jumped to the conclusion that August kept the money???
I thought he may have kept the money because there was no mention of anything in the car or anything like that with the key. Not even a note telling her where to find the car, oddly enough. But I also thought maybe he didn't - we know that Emma will go to Tallahassee and stay for two years in the place she and Neal were originally going to live together. I thought maybe she thought the money was a peace/guilt offering. But then would she be as bitter as she is about Neal? And then the blog on the ABC site said August took the money - don't know how concrete that is, though.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Great eppy. Loved Neal and his chemistry with Emma was so sweet. I really hope he is her TL. So has it actually been confirmed that August took the money or is that still just speculation?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose_bb_12 (View Post)
Great eppy. Loved Neal and his chemistry with Emma was so sweet. I really hope he is her TL. So has it actually been confirmed that August took the money or is that still just speculation?
Speculation I think.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's just speculation but did you see the way his eyes were when he saw all that cash?
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
It's just speculation but did you see the way his eyes were when he saw all that cash?
Yeah, it's not looking good, but I'm not going to assume anything at the moment.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrose_bb_12 (View Post)
So has it actually been confirmed that August took the money or is that still just speculation?
If the abc blog for ouat have to be trusted, he took the money
beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/blogs/character-tales/neal-cassidy
maybe A&E will clarify that (if he did or not) in the itunes-podcast of the episode
Old 11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow if he did, not happy about that. I had a feeling he did though. The way he was acting around the money.

oicaxf it's fine if you don't like a ship, but please don't use words like disgusting in the future. If you have any questions please PM one of us. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

One thing that deeply resonated with me was the giants "The victors get to tell the story" because this is exactly what Henry's book is - the stories, written by the people who won, who beat the "evil" and then told the stories the way where there is just black and white. And I really love that the show takes the wime to tell the stories behind those fairy tales of the victors and makes clear that there are always two sides of a story and it's not that one is true and the other one is a lie, both are true for the people who tell their story.

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved the Giant! Poor giant, all lonely and sadly alone.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's also the factor that Emma gave up Henry because she had nothing to offer, she wanted to give him "best chance" which I suppose plays out because if she had money she would have been able to have a place for her and Henry and work her way up.