Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
One thing that deeply resonated with me was the giants "The victors get to tell the story" because this is exactly what Henry's book is - the stories, written by the people who won, who beat the "evil" and then told the stories the way where there is just black and white. And I really love that the show takes the wime to tell the stories behind those fairy tales of the victors and makes clear that there are always two sides of a story and it's not that one is true and the other one is a lie, both are true for the people who tell their story.
This.

It's so true too because even if you look at our own histories, a lot of the history books that are written for schools only show the side of the victor. You have to go out and do your own research to find out what happened to the other side and see how they tell it.
Emma♥Neal
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am going to give August the benefit of the doubt to see what he did with the money.I don't think he took it no matter what the blog says so far
Old 11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Neal insisted August take the money, so he did. That doesn't mean he took it to spend on himself. Maybe he took it to the bank ... or to hide .. or any number of things. Time will tell and we shall see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessB (View Post)
There's also the factor that Emma gave up Henry because she had nothing to offer, she wanted to give him "best chance" which I suppose plays out because if she had money she would have been able to have a place for her and Henry and work her way up.
Well, presumably she didn't KNOW she had money until she was released.

ETA: It seems H & K confirmed August used the money to go to Thailand, so bummer.

Last edited by Lutesse; 11-05-2012 at 02:40 PM Reason: new info
Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

In the new podcast with Adam and Eddy, they confirmed that August used the money to go to Thailand.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
In the new podcast with Adam and Eddy, they confirmed that August used the money to go to Thailand.
That stinks. I really didn't want to jump to any conclusions but now that it has been confirmed
Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh damn.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks cause I did like August and I could even excuse sending Neal away because he was worried Emma would become a repeat offender.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, the way he acted with the money was definitely sketchy to me. That didn't mean nothing.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I really hope Neal is Baelfire.

I wonder what was in that box that convinced Neal so quickly about magic.

When Emma finds out what August did to Neal and herself, she won't be pleased.

I think Aurora and Henry's dreams are connected to each other.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
New Fan

All I could ever think about in this episode was the keychain with the swan. Does Emma have a connection with the Swan Princess?

I loved when Snow jumped on Mulan. She's so badass!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Addicted Fan

It's been months since I last posted on this board, but wanted to share my thoughts on the episode for whatever it's worth. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority but I didn't really care for Neal. Or more specifically, his relationship with Emma. I thought it was kind of sweet, but I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't like how easily Neal agreed to let her go. Even if he was swayed by whatever it was in August's box. I wish he'd put up more of a fight. I was left feeling like he cared for her pretty deeply, but didn't get the true love vibe I think they were going for. This is nothing against the actor at all; I thought he played the part very well. But not feeling him and Emma as a couple.

Neal as Bae. At this point I'd rather he wasn't, only because it'd be a nice twist. It won't surprise me at all if he does turn out to be Bae. I kind of love the thought of him being both Peter Pan and Bae as some have speculated. Especially after all the references to Neverland.

August. Oh August. I was so excited when I found out that he'd be in this episode, but I wasn't expecting him to show up when he did! I assumed, like others I think, that we'd see him in Storybrook at the end or something. That was a pleasant surprise, though I wish we'd still gotten a glimpse of him as however he is now. Meanwhile, I know a lot of people aren't too happy with him right now, but I didn't mind what he did. Emma was heading down a dangerous path with Neal, one that was more than likely not going to lead to her breaking the curse. My thinking is that if her and Neal had made it to Tallahassee that she would've ended up keeping Henry and then what? Henry was the reason she went to Storybrook in the first place and her desire to make sure he was okay is what made her stay. And then if Henry had grown up with Emma and Neal and not in Storybrook, what are the odds he'd still know about the curse? Remember, he got the book from Mary Margaret because he needed to believe in a happy ending. But if Henry had grown up with Emma and Neal, he wouldn't have needed it.

I don't know. I can't get mad at August because I think that that's how it had to happen. Emma needed to stop her life of crime and toughen up some to become who she was meant to be. And I really can't hate August for taking the money considering where it came from. It wasn't August's to spend, no, but it also wasn't really Neal's to give in the first place. If it hadn't come from the sale of stolen goods I'd be more annoyed at August for spending it.

Was August the best guardian he could be to Emma? No, I don't think so. But I can't hate him. He did keep tabs on Emma over the years. We know that because he showed up here. He had his adventures, sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he checked up on her between then and the current point in the plot. And in the episode where he told Emma the truth last season, he really seemed like he regretted how he'd handled this responsibility. I think it's easy to focus on how hard Emma's life had been and rightfully so, but August's life hasn't been so wonderful either. I don't know, I just can't help feeling them both. Heaven help him when Emma finds out what he did though because I'm sure it won't be pretty.

Meanwhile I loved the scenes with Charming and Snow comforting Henry and Aurora, respectively. I'm really interested in seeing where that's going. Henry and Aurora just had to be seeing each other. They just had to. Loved Snow fighting Mulan and the following moments with Emma afterwards. Didn't think I'd care one way or other about the giant, but I liked him and was happy that Emma didn't kill him. And I can't help loving Hook - didn't think I was going to, but I do. Thought the chemistry between him and Emma was kind of fantastic. I think they'd make an interesting couple.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's been months since I last posted on this board, but wanted to share my thoughts on the episode for whatever it's worth. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority but I didn't really care for Neal. Or more specifically, his relationship with Emma. I thought it was kind of sweet, but I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't like how easily Neal agreed to let her go. Even if he was swayed by whatever it was in August's box. I wish he'd put up more of a fight. I was left feeling like he cared for her pretty deeply, but didn't get the true love vibe I think they were going for. This is nothing against the actor at all; I thought he played the part very well. But not feeling him and Emma as a couple.
Yeah. Absolutely agree with you.
And about Neal I might add also the fact he had already told her once to break off with each other without really trying to fight for it. It was only after Emma's idea of taking the clocks back he was going to stay with her.
I don't feel them the same
Also this actor I'm having a hard time picturing him as Neal,all I saw at first was the homicidal guy from True Blood season 1

Icon
Old 11-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

fallinrain basically summed up the way I feel about August, too. Yes, I'm disappointed that he spent Emma's money (albeit stolen), but that was a very Pinocchio thing to do... Maybe we'll see that he found a way to pay it back when she's out of jail. I hope so.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Absolute Fan

I said this in the Neal thread, but the shot they used of the typewriter case appeared to be one of said case being completely empty.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
We know that August is Pinocchio, so what did you expect ?