Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why would Emma believe she could create Regina's happy ending? It sounds as if her "Savior" role, something she should have ditched after breaking the first curse, is affecting her ego.
Regina's obviously been a bad influence on her.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
OMG EDIT- I forgot something huge- Belle is absolutely 100% my favorite Disney Princess (even though if you actuaally think of it she's not a princess) So when Gold did his snaps and they danced to Beauty and the Beast i almost teared up a little. Yes, there it is, i'm opposed to it being like the Frozen movie right off the bat, but i tear up when they pull a movie stunt after a few years. Whhhatttt? Say somethin'!
Because to me personally, Beauty and the Beast is a classic. Frozen isn't. Simple as that.

Frozen is too new. It may very well be considered a classic in years to come. But to me, a classic is something that stands the test of time. And Beauty and the Beast has, imo.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

I quite enjoyed this episode - I think the Frozen characters were done extremely well, even if I do have some mixed feelings on them being featured so heavily.

I ADORED the Beauty and the Beast dance scene, but it was FAR, FAR too short. Something like that should've been longer than it was and not stuck in an episode where everything took a backseat to Frozen.

Robin's conversation with Regina made it seem as though he had more feelings for Regina than Marian, and he was staying with her more out of obligation than anything else.

I liked at least, that there was clear conflict within Regina and that shows how far she's come, but this review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye88 (View Post)
Kinda hits the nail on the head....no matter how much I love this show and its characters.

TPTB want to have their cake and eat it too with Rumple and Regina. To keep them on the show they know they have to develop them, but they keep regressing them because they're afraid to let these characters truly evolve. When I watch an episode like Going Home, that's emotionally powerful because of the growth of both Rumple and Regina as characters.......then see them backsliding again and again, it gets tiring. There's too much wheel spinning and resets in this show, hidden by time travel, portal jumping, and curses and curse breaking.

They can't keep that up. The moments of growth and evolution lose their punch when you expect them to fall of the wagon constantly. They're also like this with Emma, to a lesser extent.

I adore this show usually for what it is, but it could be a truly GREAT show if they actually let these people go on a real journey and evolve. Their inability to allow their characters to move forward hurts the characters and the storytelling.

~Kat
Old 09-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Why would Emma believe she could create Regina's happy ending? It sounds as if her "Savior" role, something she should have ditched after breaking the first curse, is affecting her ego.
Didn't Henry say something to Emma about her needing to bring back the happy endings? Maybe Emma's comment is in reference to that, but I agree that it's odd.....technically Emma's definition as "savior" really only directly referred to emma breaking the curse from S1.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

rating of OUAT S4E01:

It being Sunday night, NBC's Sunday Night Football topped all of broadcast.

ABC's decision to milk Disney's Frozen cash cow worked out nicely. Heavily inserting (and promoting) characters from the animated blockbuster into the premiere of Once Upon a Time, the drama reached a two-year high. It posted a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49 and 9.3 million viewers, up 30 percent from last year's live-plus-same-day premiere in the key demo.

x

*On ABC, the season four premiere of Once Upon A Time scored a 3.4 adults 18-49 rating up 31 percent from a 2.6 for the season three premiere and up 48 percent from a 2.3 for the season three finale. Your predictions (and our poll choices) were far too pessimistic. The season two premiere of Resurrection garnered a* 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 42 percent from a 3.8 for the season one premiere (which aired last March) and up 5 percent from a 2.1 for the season finale. The season four premiere of Revenge notched a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating, down 39 percent from a 2.3 for the season three premiere and even with the season three finale.

x
Old 10-01-2014, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

i really consideried droppin the show b/c I cant stand Frozen but Rumbelle pulls me back in

the dance scene is something else
too short tho

Last edited by science girlfriend; 10-01-2014 at 03:59 AM
Old 10-01-2014, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

The rating was actually adjusted up to 3.7 and 10.20, so it was even better than initially reported.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by science girlfriend (View Post)
i really consideried droppin the show b/c I cant stand Frozen but Rumbelle pulls me back in

too short tho
Yeah. The dance was the highlight of the episode for me. Glad the ratings were so good.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

too short tho
Do you like Cs too?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

too short tho
The dance was too short.

I love Rumbelle as well. I like many of the couples on the show, but Rumbelle is my OTP.

I'm hoping that they will release the tape with the choreographer and the bts scenes dance with Rumbelle
Old 10-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Regina's obviously been a bad influence on her.

You're blaming Emma's "savior complex" solely on Regina?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You're blaming Emma's "savior complex" solely on Regina?
She's only the savior because Regina couldn't leave her family alone.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
She's only the savior because Regina couldn't leave her family alone.
What? Emma is the savior because Rumplestiltskin wanted the curse cast and then wanted it broken at a certain time and wrote Emma into the curse as the one to break it because she is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and their very powerful true love.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
What? Emma is the savior because Rumplestiltskin wanted the curse cast and then wanted it broken at a certain time and wrote Emma into the curse as the one to break it because she is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and their very powerful true love.

The question is . . . why does Emma continue to believe she has to be the savior? Why do the other characters believe she has to be the savior? As Gwen107 had stated, the only reason she was labeled "the savior" in the first place, because Rumpelstiltskin wanted her to be the one to break the first curse. Well . . . she broke the curse. Why is everyone - including Emma - still calling her the savior? And if anyone thinks otherwise, then recall what Emma said to Regina in "A Tale of Two Sisters":

"Henry brought me to Storybrooke to bring back the happy endings. My job is not done until I do that for everyone, including you."

What the hell was that? Was she serious? This strikes me as taking the role of "savior" a bit too far.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Get back to me after Emma has committed half the atrocities Regina has.

I'm honestly still waiting for Regina to finally feel guilty for causing Emma to have such a miserable life, when she forced her parents to send her away. Or for killing Graham. Or using Kathryn to keep David and Mary Margaret apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
So I suppose Regina casting the curse and sending black knights to kill Emma when she was a baby isn't what forced her parents to send her away?

How silly of me to forget, this is the new rebooted version of OUAT where Regina was never the villain of the story. Oh, wait. Nope. It's still the same show, and she still did all that .

Last edited by scififan2009; 10-02-2014 at 02:23 PM