Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

It's definitely shaping up greatly! Now we have to hope for some Sean and Lana panels and duo photo ops. Brazil did it wonderfully this year, Paris too last year (but I don't know what their deal is with some effin new policies, so I do not expect anything from them), so I certainly hope Chicago and London follow the same pattern. It doesn't hurt to get as much OQ promotion as we can. Hopefully by next spring, the twitter madness with the death threats will have stopped so that both Sean and Lana won't feel afraid to speak out loud about how they truly feel about the romance...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 08-31-2015, 07:20 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand what's going on with Xivents and them supposedly changing their duo photo op policies, but I also have a bit of a hard time imagening that Lana and Sean would just go along with that. Guess we'll have to wait and see who'll be joining them until summer 2016, but the way things are now I really don't see any reason for Xivents not to offer a Sean/Lana duo op.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 08-31-2015, 03:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Did they say there will not be a photoshoot with Lana & Sean and fans?
Old 09-01-2015, 04:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I have to say something. I see what is happening in the fandom and I am glad when I see much the fandom of Outlaw Queen supports Fred di Blasio and Tanya Maguire. The real life marriages of Lana and Sean. I am very glad.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I know... it's been a difficult last few days because few things in online fandoms tick me off quite as much as real life shipping, even if it doesn't involve any of my own favorites, and there's this conflict between wanting to speak up on the one hand and hoping that ignoring it will make it go away on the other.

I don't think anyone in this day and age still believes it doesn't exist at all, but I always felt the OUAT fandom as a whole did a good job of handling it over the last few years. But once you allow for something like that to take root and people feel entitled to "shipping" real people with very real lives and families outside of the show, once they believe their own fantasies and someone's spouse is being attacked on social media... yeah, it's hard to ignore and it easily sucks the fun out of things.

And make no mistake, Lana wasn't kidding when she thanked fans for being so supportive of their personal relationships during her panel with Sean in Brazil this summer. The actors are very aware of these things, thanks to Twitter and the like.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Totally agree Rina. I'm extremely proud that the OQ fandom has such a great relationship with Fred and Tanya and that they respect them and the fact that they are married to the two people who portray our fav couple.

In regards to the Xivents photo, I'd never see Sean and Lana agreeing in not doing a duo photo together. Those are their only indirect chance to promote OQ without causing twitter and fandom drama. And I don't know when this new policy started, but Lana was an extra guest in FT3 but she had duos with normal guests too. So... Idk...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 09-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Absolute Fan

I hope they do the photos together in Paris. I do not understand why there always must be drama and then it ruins the nice things for fans who did nothing bad.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:49 AM
Absolute Fan

We'll see how it goes. I imagine ultimately it's also a business decision and although duo photo ops for this con are likely to sell well either way since the single photo tickets for Lana and Sean sold out within hours... I don't think there's any doubt that a Sean/Lana duo would be popular with fans. At this point I see really zero reason why Xivents would want to miss out on that, but I guess you just never know and only time will tell.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
And make no mistake, Lana wasn't kidding when she thanked fans for being so supportive of their personal relationships during her panel with Sean in Brazil this summer. The actors are very aware of these things, thanks to Twitter and the like.
I know. This is it what makes me sad. The actors and the writers too see much more than the fans think they see. But luckily not only the bad.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't understand. Is this because of what happened at the French convention this year with Jennifer Morrison's duos?
Old 09-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
I don't understand. Is this because of what happened at the French convention this year with Jennifer Morrison's duos?
I think it has more to do with an agreement that their managers can come to. About price and such. But some fans are really disrespectful. I'm an outlaw queener Def but still respect swan queeners as well. I love the friendship they've developed. While I like the charming, i m not that into rumbelle or captain swan. But I would never trash it or put down others ships. It's probably a combo of both.

Also doing an ouat rewatch and I'm on season 3b...I'm really looking forward to seeing Robin ND regina work together again. To find Emma and other things that shall not be mentioned again.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Awww baby outlaw queen at their snapiest

RoseBennett
Old 09-03-2015, 10:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
The Jennifer Morrison situation this summer was another thing. She and Lana were both extra guests, so if the Xivents policy was only restricting duo photo ops between extras and regulars, then that duo photoshoot was totally a go. To be honest, knowing the Xivents stuff and their thirst to be the best and gain more money, I highly doubt it was their decision to not have a Swan Queen photo op, cause those would sell out in minutes and would grant them quite a big amount of money.

From all I know it was much more a manager issue from the side of the two actresses. I could get into further detail, but I don't think it is quite proper for this thread, so I won't go on about it. In any case, like I said before, between Lana and Sean the situation is completely different, for many reasons, and all those issues that existed in FT3 should not be a problem in FT4. Which is why I will be immensely surprised if there is no Lana/Sean photo op.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Old 09-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Absolute Fan

That is a good smiley for Sean!