Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2015, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawqueen16 (View Post)
Does anyone else jut want to see Robin lose it with zelena. Like really lose it on her verbally?
Yes! I want this to happen, he has a right to be angry and to be able to tell her so. Unfortunately I don't think Zelena will care.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

The whole fandom agrees that the baby thing has been the worst plot they ever came up with, so I think we are all in the same page about it. But I'm with you guys, I'd love to see a scene in which Robin just calls Zelena out on what she's done to him and his family and I don't care if she cares. I just want to see him let it out (and then have some Regina comfort him ). Unfortunately, I don't think A&E care that much to show us such a thing...

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
Absolute Fan

The lack of focus on Robin's pov and insight into his headspace was one of the major problems of 4B, especially during the last few eps of the season. If you put one of your characters through such an insane trauma, you absolutely have to deal with the consequences and emotional fallout for him, too. Zelena lived with Robin and Roland for weeks, pretending to be the wife and mother they'd lost in the Enchanted Forest after she'd killed Marian herself. She manipulated and lied to them, used Roland to blackmail Robin emotionally. If we don't get a scene soon during which Robin will be able to confront her, I don't know how they're planning to continue this story without causing more of the same frustration among their viewers.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 08-20-2015, 02:03 AM
Master Fan

^ I agree, I liked 4b in general, definetely more than 4a, but I do think some things had been rushed/overlooked because they were in a hurry to fix everything and have time for the 2 ep finale. And as much as that was fun, I would have rather a less "epic" season finale but more time to develop some of the topics

RoseBennett
Old 08-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Loyal Fan

That is so true. The last episodes were rushed to fix every story in time for the finale. The same with Emma's story. Her story with her parents was rushed before the finale.

For Robin I think the writers see it the way that he is so angry at Zelena he does not even want to speak to her at all. But I think they cannot always keep it like that if Zelena has to stay in their lives because of the baby.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Hopefully, since we can't get rid of Zelena, they'll explore more of his POV on this whole mess next season

RoseBennett
Old 08-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Absolute Fan

And they will not make him disappear again for many episodes like last season.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Definetely

RoseBennett
Old 08-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
The same with Emma's story. Her story with her parents was rushed before the finale.

This is why I have more of a problem with how Emma became "the Dark One" and not with the Robin/Zelena story. There was no neat solution to the baby storyline and that is how I like it.l
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Old 08-21-2015, 04:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't want a neat solution for the baby story.

I didn't like that it was rushed. In that it is not different to me than the Emma story with David and Snow.

I didn't like that Robin was sexually assaulted by Zelena and in writing they will never admit that.

They ignore that he is a victim and they ignore his thoughts, his feelings.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Absolute Fan

If you change the story, the ending is up to you.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
I didn't like that Robin was sexually assaulted by Zelena and in writing they will never admit that.

They ignore that he is a victim and they ignore his thoughts, his feelings.
Same!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie_R (View Post)
Same!

I doubt that this show will ever express that someone committed outright rape. If Regina did use magic to sexually force herself on Graham, I don't recall the show runners ever expressing that out loud. If they do so with this situation with Robin and Zelena, I will be very surprised.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

The difference between the two situations is that Graham was never meant to stay or play a big part to the show's story. He was the Huntsman, yes, but they always intended to kill him off after 7 episodes and they've said so themselves. But Robin is a character that not only did they want to include on their show from the start, but also one that seems to be sticking around for good. If they do this and they keep him around, they NEED to develop him more, give the viewers his POV and definitely address this situation with Zelena more from his side rather than just Regina's. In the end, as much as I ADORE Regina, she is not the one directly affected by Zelena's manipulation, Robin is. So it should be him who has to at least verbally (and I'd say definitely physically too) express his outrage and his emotional state towards this messy situation. So yeah, they surely need to have him lash out on her and no, they will never call it rape directly, but insinuations have always worked on this show, so I'll take whatever they can give me.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014