Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
No. Smash the Mirror was 2 episodes filmed at the same time under a single Production Code and originally aired as a 2-hour special.

It's really not that hard to understand.
It's really not that hard to be nice. I am going with how the creators of the show have numbered the episodes. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Sad, but not all that surprising. First episodes after a break always experience a drop.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
Sad, but not all that surprising. First episodes after a break always experience a drop.
Plus MTV Movie Awards and the Red Sox/Yankees game was on
Old 04-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I am going with how the creators of the show have numbered the episodes.
You should also know, then, that Adam unequivocally settled the entire issue on Twitter by clarifying that the StM story comprises 2 episodes, not 1, even though both episodes have a 408 Production Code.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-13-2015, 11:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Honestly, I'm starting to worry about the ratings. I mean S5 is a sure thing, but anything beyond that is fair game and the ratings are not in favor of a S6.

The writers need to take a good look at what they're writing and fix it. Half of me has enjoyed this arc, but half of me is fed up with the character destruction for plot service. I think the show is underestimating how much Snow, Charming, and Rumple are loved. Viewers are likely tuning out because these 3 beloved characters are being destroyed.

I usually stay positive about the ratings, but we're one step closer to being below 1.5, and that's a scary number to me. Hopefully this is as low as the show goes, so things can be reworked next season, writing wise, resulting in better ratings.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

The LIVE ratings for the show mean very little in terms of its overall performance, since it's very much a show that many people are binge-watching or watching after-the-fact. It's consistently experienced dramatic increases in all relative categories once LIVE+ ratings numbers are tallied, and we know that ABC is not only fully aware of this, but proud of it as well.

It would take a dramatic decrease in the number of people who watch the series after it's originally aired for the show to be cancelled, even if the LIVE ratings continue to slip.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You should also know, then, that Adam unequivocally settled the entire issue on Twitter by clarifying that the StM story comprises 2 episodes, not 1, even though both episodes have a 408 Production Code.
That should make figuring out the 100th episode easier but it doesn't change the episode numbering for this year as far as spoilers and general discussion go. A&E continued to number the scripts as 22 episodes, not 23.

Hopefully if they do the same thing next year they will try o avoid this kind of numbering confusion.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
it doesn't change the episode numbering for this year as far as spoilers and general discussion go.
It does if you follow ABC's official site numbering, which delineates StM as comprising Episodes 8 and 9 and then increases every other episode's number by 1 from it's Production Code.

This has been made into a bigger issue than it actually is.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

For me personally I always choose the L+7 as the final official figure of the episode, take no notice of the overnights as people watch it 1 day later or a couple of days, and we get an official figure at the end of it

Speaking of L+7

L+7 for 4.16

Went from 1.7 to a 2.8 and went from 5.4 to 7.9 million viewers

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-13-2015 at 01:03 PM
Old 04-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The LIVE ratings for the show mean very little in terms of its overall performance, since it's very much a show that many people are binge-watching or watching after-the-fact. It's consistently experienced dramatic increases in all relative categories once LIVE+ ratings numbers are tallied, and we know that ABC is not only fully aware of this, but proud of it as well.
Yeah, I believe this to be true as well, but the live ratings still have importance. I'm not seeing Once in danger this year, but I'm worried for the near future.

Quote:
It would take a dramatic decrease in the number of people who watch the series after it's originally aired for the show to be cancelled, even if the LIVE ratings continue to slip.
Again, I agree, but the number of people who watch this show is falling, as seen in the DVR numbers posted.

Seriously though, I'm usually not negative about the ratings. It's one of those days that I'm not feeling optimistic about them. Ask me again another time, and I'll probably be fine. Today, I'm just unnaturally worried about them.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
Reading the report, the golf tournament The Masters overran it's allotted time and skewed all the numbers on Sunday. The ratings numbers all made note of the overrun and certain shows had an unusual spike up which the report surmised is from the golf overrun viewers.

As far as I know, the numbers in the OP are the immediate numbers post-airing and not L+7 numbers which has consistently been significantly higher. Based on the report, perhaps we should post the final L+7 number as an accurate reflection of the OUAT viewing audience. From my reading, it is clear that there is a greater audience who view the show during the week. ABC has 6 of the Top 10 playback gainers of any broadcast network with Once Upon A Time #6. Initials numbers always seem low at first but by the end of the week the audience has clearly doubled.

I suggest perhaps we should add the final L+7 numbers to the OP as a more accurate reflection of the true viewing audience of an episode.

Any objections? Other thoughts?

Quote:
via press release:

Live + 7 Day ratings for the week of 3/23/15 (Week #27):

ABC claimed the most Top 10 playback gainers of any broadcast network for the 2nd week in a row among Adults 18-49 – more than CBS (3), NBC (2) and Fox (0) combined. ABC had 6 of the week’s 10 biggest TV playback gainers among young adults, including the #1 gainer of the week: Modern Family (+2.3 rating points) – #1, Grey’s Anatomy (+1.6) and Scandal (+1.6) tied for – #2, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (+1.3 rating points) – #6 and Once Upon A Time (+1.1) and The Goldbergs (+1.1) tied at #7.
Quote:
Based on L+7 ratings through 27 weeks of the 2014-15 season, ABC is #1 in Nielsen’s non-sports Adult 18-49 averages (2.2 rating-tied with CBS), leading by double digits over NBC (+10% - 2.0) and Fox (+16% - 1.9). Growing to a 2.2 L+7 rating among Adults 18-49 in the non-sports numbers, ABC is even year to year (2.2 for 9/23/13-3/30/14), while CBS (-4%), NBC (-17%) and Fox (-10%) are each declining.
Among Adults 18-49 in the L+7 ratings, ABC has the Top 2 dramas on Thursday with HTGAWM (5.0 rating) and Scandal (4.7), the #1 show on Friday with Shark Tank (2.6) and the #1 broadcast series on Sunday with Once Upon A Time (3.5).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Updated OP. Thanks for link.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

CityGal, I'm definitely with you on that with putting the L+7 viewers, as I said in my previous post, I think those are the true reflection of the viewers of the episode...
Old 04-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, please add the L+7 numbers
Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM
Extreme Fan

@AdamHorowitzLA: the nice part was that the episode GREW in key demos as the hour went along. (We get more detailed data than public)

-----Adam, discussing this past episode on twitter this morning
Old 04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Absolute Fan

I've got to echo the sentiments that we should be including the LIVE+7 ratings in the OP, not only for this season, but for the previous seasons as well.