Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2016, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Another 1.3 demo with series low ratings of 4 million.

Disappointing that viewers didn't tune in for the start of the arc
Old 03-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Wish it went up a little because it deserved it, let's hope they get a bump..

Let's face it though, no one watches live anymore
Old 03-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
They tied a series low. And I think that they tied The Simpsons and The Voice for that 1.3 demo so I guess they're in a three way tie for first place at that hour? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I'm just glad they got an early renewal. I mean they didn't fall but still for a spring premiere and their 100th episode? I honestly haven't thought taking the characters to the UW or what some people perceive as Hell for an arc would be a great idea. We'll have to see.

I think next season will be the last though. Going by past history, they'll slowly keep going down with a few ups here and there, imo.

It said they tied a series low so it looks like they tied the finale. I think relatively speaking they weren't bad considering the other shows. It was a bad night. I would bet The Walking Dead and Downton Abbey had killer ratings though. But not good for a premiere and the 100th episode, imo.
Yeah you are right, it's not too good a news. Hope it gets up, I thought the episode was very good and a deserving 100th

RoseBennett
Old 03-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thought the same meggy
Old 03-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

I guess we'll see this week if the trend holds, or if they go up or down a bit.

They have been renewed already, but they could get a reduce episode order for S6 if the ratings really fall, so it is important that they don't go too low. I'm starting to think S6 might very well be the last though, or maybe a short S7 to wrap things up.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was still the highest scripted show that night
Old 03-08-2016, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I think all across the board, people are tuning out live and watching it by other means/watching DVR

Cam - yep I'm thinking the same
Old 03-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I think all across the board, people are tuning out live and watching it by other means/watching DVR

I don't think so, I think ABC loves the show too much and like Adam and Eddy too much to force them to abort their storyline. They're surely plotting and planning S6 now and there's really no way to squeeze in 22 episodes worth of story into, say 13 for 6A. If ABC decides to end it, I don't think they would ever just drop that sort of bomb.....and they would allow a full season to play out.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well right now it was the highest scripted show in its time slot so I wouldn't worry
Old 03-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

I do think the ratings are an issue and there's no sense in denying it, but ultimately, I expect Once is safe for at least an abbreviated seventh season.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 03-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

They have their writers' camp for the next season after they have finished filming their current one, so most of the planning for S6 won't happen until after S5 is done.

I do think that ABC won't suddenly cancel them and will give them time to wrap up the story properly - it's a serialized show that will do better in syndication with a proper ending as well as it being a Disney show. But if the ratings continue to fall, I don't think OUAT has a lot of seasons to go. S6, yes. We already know they're getting that. A S7? Maybe, though could be a shortened one. I just think more than that is increasingly unlikely, especially if the ratings dip further.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
They have their writers' camp for the next season after they have finished filming their current one, so most of the planning for S6 won't happen until after S5 is done.

I do think that ABC won't suddenly cancel them and will give them time to wrap up the story properly - it's a serialized show that will do better in syndication with a proper ending as well as it being a Disney show. But if the ratings continue to fall, I don't think OUAT has a lot of seasons to go. S6, yes. We already know they're getting that. A S7? Maybe, though could be a shortened one. I just think more than that is increasingly unlikely, especially if the ratings dip further.
I agree with that........
Old 03-09-2016, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)

I agree

RoseBennett
Old 03-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New Thread