Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Emma being the biggest threat to the Wicked Witch or the one to break the curse makes sense. Because if Regina no longer exists when Zelena gets her second chance that only leaves Emma, the lead character, to stop her.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Evil vs. Wicked turns into the Savior vs. Wicked? I'm sorry but...
Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Evil vs. Wicked turns into the Savior vs. Wicked? I'm sorry but...
So the whole first episode of the arc with Emma trying to remember and get home doesn't hint towards her being needed in this fight?
Old 04-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Of course! The writers are not exactly subtle. Heck the last few episodes were full of anvils about Emma playing a big role in stopping Zelena.

1. Regina is not as powerful as Zelena
2. Emma thinking they can stop the WW together
3. Emma learning to use her powers
4. Zelena not being able to kill Emma

I don't have a problem with Emma helping to bring down Zelena. At most, I think her and Regina can be equals. But if Regina is sidelined while "Savior Emma" gets to play the hero? Yeah, I will have a problem with that.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusXXN (View Post)
It does add a certain stalkerish vibe to Hook, spying on Emma and the family from afar. I guess the writers are trying to amp up some sort of sympathy for Hook, and therefore Captain Swan. It's not working.

Mostly because the cow eyes he's shooting at Emma isn't something new. Or interesting. More like rinse, repeat, still no one cares? Try again.

): )
I took that scene more as him watching her with her whole family from a distance, as now he has the power to either rob her of her power, or watch her entire family die. What a horrible choice. I think I'd want to remove myself from their proximity for a while, too. How do you make a choice like that... or find a solution? I'd be horrified.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

If we're comparing it to Oz, Emma would resemble Dorothy because she's still struggling with what home means to her. And Regina without her heart. Well, that kinda goes without saying.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
I took that scene more as him watching her with her whole family from a distance, as now he has the power to either rob her of her power, or watch her entire family die. What a horrible choice. I think I'd want to remove myself from their proximity for a while, too. How do you make a choice like that... or find a solution? I'd be horrified.
Me too
Old 04-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyDuster (View Post)
It was also showing, that Hook should of been there with them... when we saw the scene first of them together in Grannys, he was invited but he declined due to he just couldnt be around Emma.. after what happened.. it also was to show as i said that he belonged there with them, coz he is one of them, as a team, where they all working together. Thats what its been showing with the interactions and bonds created with them each episode... being part of something, belonging there

Hook went over to look at them from afar... we just had Hook declare that he loves Emma so much (we saw in his flashback - how the loss of Emma affected him that he regressed badly into being his worse self (we also know that without your love/true love you are your worse self)... and trying to redirect his void onto his ship (Hook needs something to hang onto and fight for) - due to the loss of Emma, he talked of that ship like Smee said - a woman, which is what it was - whatever he said about his ship esp in referring to HER - was indication for Emma... and we know he made bad choices, we saw it - but we also know that somewhere along the line, he did the right thing as he came and found Emma and he did choose love/Emma over his ship (coz we still dont where the jolly roger is) etc and the bad choices he made haunted him and the guilt and the shame of it... he owned up, that is what Zelena master plan was all along... Zelena used it and then did what she had to when Hook went and owned up... and it nots wonder Hook has been in turmoil over it and the past... that you cant go back to the person you use to be... that line was flat out said at the start of the episode... everything he did in the flashback was him covering his own void and loss of Emma, which was to go and be a pirate and get his ship and Blackberard taunting him just further festered inside of him) , and he has been curse, and we know he yearns for her and loves her and pines for her
That last show was meant to be heartbreaking for him... being so near yet so far... your not meant to see it as stalkerish or creepy coz thats not how it was filmed at all... your meant to feel the situation Hook is in as he loves Emma - and he cares for her, and her family, and he should of been there with them like he always has been since Neverland, and the progression they have all made individually and as a team.

Last edited by HazelEyes008; 04-15-2014 at 07:49 PM
Old 04-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Of course! The writers are not exactly subtle. Heck the last few episodes were full of anvils about Emma playing a big role in stopping Zelena.

I don't have a problem with Emma helping to bring down Zelena. At most, I think her and Regina can be equals. But if Regina is sidelined while "Savior Emma" gets to play the hero? Yeah, I will have a problem with that.
I have not gotten that vibe at all. Other than the season 1 finale, Emma and Regina have teamed up on multiple occasions to counter the prevailing antagonist, i.e., destruction of SB, saving Henry.

Secondly, wouldn't it stand to reason that Regina and Emma's magic would be quite different - dark magic vs 'light' magic.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 PM
New Fan

Quote:

I kinda feel that way too, I think the problem with these shows sometimes is you make an all powerful super character in the case of Once Upon a Time rumple, and then it gets repetitive watching them either have too much magic to be stopped or seem kinda invincible, Emma is the savior yes, of the first curse and she fufilled that role, now obviously in season 3 having some bad guy come along and it take a final intervention by rumple with some spell or magical ability or Self sacrafice to stop them its gonna be pointless so they are obviously gonna now make Emma powerful enough to destory them and have sidelined rumple by giving Zelena control over him with the dagger and made Zelena more powerful than regina.

As a fan of TVD/The Originals I feel its a bit like Klaus, id prob compare that character to rumple, golden rule is never create someone too poweful lol
Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I will never understand why Rumple and Regina get a free pass for everything they've done, while Hook is still compared to the devil. Last time I checked, his crimes are no where near as bad or evil as the dark one's or the Evil Queen's. And yet for some reason they're worshipped and Hook is still vilified. Unlike them he can't solve all his problems with magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I guess getting the message to Emma to come back and break the curse, or risking going back to Neverland to help everyone save Henry doesn't count for anything. Well, it obviously counts to Emma and her family. Because they've accepted him. He's part of the inner circle now. That's not going to change.

Zelena cursed Hook for a reason. She saw an opportunity to remove Emma's powers, and she used the one person who is closest to her right now. The man who came back for her. The man who got her to believe again. The man she trusts with her son. The man she invited to join her for dinner with her family. And the man who she told she doesn't care what he's not telling her about his past.

The writers wouldn't add that twist with Zelena if there wasn't meant to be some kind of resolution or payoff at the end of the season. It's just how this show works. Snowing went through their trials, just as Rumbelle went through theirs. This is no different for Captain Swan.
No they do not get a free pass because I just read an article that had comments about Regina raping Graham and Rumple's Stockholm syndrome thing with Belle as well as Hook's hitting women past(not my words, the posters, but he did hit Belle). This isn't the first time I read anti-Regina and anti-Rumple posts. No matter how popular some characters are, some people are not going to like them. I connect with Rumple, because I never considered him the villain in his original fairy tale. I also know what it is like to be bullied and want to get revenge, so I relate to him. Also he wasn't evil before the curse but was basically a punching bag for his father, wife, the village, and Hook. I am not going to get into why I don't like Hook, because I am sick of being called a hater. Suffice it to say, I don't and I do not have to explain either. If you don't want to hear why people don't like a character or not, stop asking. There are plenty of people that like Hook, so why do we have to constantly compare him to Rumple and Regina? Why do people who don't like Hook called hypocrites because they like Rumple and/or Regina? People have their preferences and it's nobody's business but their own. My mom is not thrilled with Hook, or ships anyone on the show. She just enjoys it like I do the majority of the time. Also, not all Hook dislike is because of shipping. Please lets not start another pointless debate over characters again!
Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Not that it was actually needed in this case. I think we could figure out what Hook was thinking even if he was just walking no where near Emma. And they definitely could have just shown Hook walk by the diner and pause before walking on. That would have been less stalker vibe.

Stalkerish vibe? Where the hell did that come from? I never got any stalkerish vibes from Hook at any time. Does this opinion come from some dislike of Hook?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextract (View Post)
I kinda feel that way too, I think the problem with these shows sometimes is you make an all powerful super character in the case of Once Upon a Time rumple, and then it gets repetitive watching them either have too much magic to be stopped or seem kinda invincible, Emma is the savior yes, of the first curse and she fufilled that role, now obviously in season 3 having some bad guy come along and it take a final intervention by rumple with some spell or magical ability or Self sacrafice to stop them its gonna be pointless so they are obviously gonna now make Emma powerful enough to destory them and have sidelined rumple by giving Zelena control over him with the dagger and made Zelena more powerful than regina.

As a fan of TVD/The Originals I feel its a bit like Klaus, id prob compare that character to rumple, golden rule is never create someone too poweful lol
I don't think we know enough at this point. They have already establish in season 2 that Emma had some magical abilities, and it has slowly been developed then placed on the back burner only to resurface when needed. But it has always been something minor, I still believe like season 1 Emma will break the curse, but defeating Zelena will be Regina. Sibling rivalry is too great a writing opportunity plus whatever is the interest of the Snowing baby will fall within Emma's hands.

So 'sidelining' Regina is hardly something I see being laid out.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Stalkerish vibe? Where the hell did that come from? I never got any stalkerish vibes from Hook at any time. Does this opinion come from some dislike of Hook?
Only the one scene... because he was more or less spying through the window with the spyglass. I don't consider it stalking, but certainly the scene if looked at out of context doesn't give the most pleasant sort of vibe.

And I love Hook.

Quote:
I don't think we know enough at this point. They have already establish in season 2 that Emma had some magical abilities, and it has slowly been developed then placed on the back burner only to resurface when needed. But it has always been something minor, I still believe like season 1 Emma will break the curse, but defeating Zelena will be Regina. Sibling rivalry is too great a writing opportunity plus whatever is the interest of the Snowing baby will fall within Emma's hands.

So 'sidelining' Regina is hardly something I see being laid out.
I agree with this. The show has laid the foundation for Emma and her magic to be key this season, but Zelena is also Regina's sister and confrontation to face. I foresee both of them having their moments in the finale.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

So with only 4 episodes to go when do you guys think we will start getting answers as to the mysteries of how Hook got to Emma. Whom gave him the potion? What happened to the JR? Who gave him the note, etc.

I'm thinking...

Potion= Glinda
Note= Rumple
JR= He traded it for a way to get back to Emma or the memory potion.

We have to find this out before the end of the season, there's no question about it.