Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
TVLINE | That said, are you aware that Mary Margaret took some knocks, for basically “endorsing” adultery?
I very wisely, I believe, don’t read my own press, so no, I did not know that. But that was something we actually talked about [while filming] because it was a complicated line for me to say. My character actually was married to David, back when we were cursed the first time, and David wasn’t actually married to anyone else, so the only cheating that actually, technically occurred was between David and his sick wife [Kathryn]. We must have talked about it for 20 minutes, my making that comment to Regina — “Look, I’ve slept with a married man too” — and we decided that it had to be just a way of my trying to bring her out of her shell, to make her feel safe. It was not to be taken it as literally as it sounded. I’m not surprised that we got some s–t for it because good, we should, because these characters are flawed, and they’re real, and they’re, I think, relatable and fleshed out. If we were just the live-action incarnation of the Disney animated features, I wouldn’t watch us. I’d find that terribly boring. Instead, we have this really gray world in which we live.
I'm not going to link to the article because it contains spoilers but I really loved what Ginny says here about that scene from 4x08 that was so controversial. Snow is just trying to help Regina see that it's not that simple.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Elite Fan

x

Go Snow!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Loyal Fan

snow was on in the last episode, she could care less. i was kind of glad she admitted to not feeling sorry for Cpra because she doesn't need to be.

I really hope we get more snow in S4b, its just not the same and i didn't like that she was only used as a plot device for this half of the season.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Elite Fan

I hope we see more Snow in the last half too

I am not sure how I feel about her "confession" regarding Cora. I think she is glad Cora's dead. However if we take it as the truth rhat she is glad she killed Cora in that way then we also have to think she wishes she hadn't had kids with Charming, she prefeds Dr Whale,and David believes Neal could be Whale's son despite the fact that the math doesn't work. And none of those three things are true.

Plus if she doesn't regret how she killed Cora then the whole storyline where she shut out her family and begged Regina to kill her becomes strange and all about diappointing her dead mother. And the suicide wish becomes extremely selfish as she put her dead mother's memory ahead of her husband and daughter. Personally I don't see Snow as that selfish so I prefer her to have a real regret. But that's me and I realize it is a minority opinion to think she should be sorry for how she murdered Cora. The fact that she dis regret it made me love her character more.

But I have to admit that even though Snow is normally one of my favorites, I didn't like her much in 2.15 to 2.20. That is when Charming slipped in fron of her as my favorite where before she was first. I started loving her again in season 3.

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-12-2014 at 05:54 AM
Old 12-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh yeah I can totally see that and I agree because my being happy she didn't regret was kind of a superficial remark without breaking it down.

I saw the recent curse and the characters comments not as a "truth spell" or "confession spell" but more as a I'm annoyed with you and I'm going to pick on you because you're annoying. I do think that what they all said weren't lies but more of just saying anything that they know is going to hurt the other person. Like Snow calling Charming a fraud or saying Whale knew which part was which and Charming saying Neal was Whales', I really doubt she or he feels that way but I saw them more as just digs. Like something someone does one time and you can fixate on that and always bring it up.

Sometimes I don't even pay attention because the writing is all over the place. I swear I think the writers forget what they wrote in the last three seasons and thats why I called Snow a plot device because half the stuff she does makes no sense to whom they created in S1 & S2A especially when it comes to a Emma and Regina. But I took more as a technicality then an actually feeling or emotion. Like in technical terms she doesn't regret she killed Cora bc Cora was a big bad and was going to kill her family. But I do think she is sorry that she had to kill her, that she had to go to that place and take a life. I wasn't angry that the writers went there but I hate the way the writers have handled it. Sometimes I feel like they are trying to make Snow look worse than the villains.

I guess what I mean is that if you take what Snow said about Whale vs Charming, I don't think Snow prefers Whale as a lover but being that Whale is more of a womanizer he probably does a whole production and its more about sex. But I've seen people say that it can reference to Snowing's first time so technically Whale nows a female anatomy but realistically Snow prefers and is all about Charming. So technically Snow doesn't regret she killed Cora but she probably preferred that she didn't have to.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Or it could have been that Whale actually called the parts by name while touching them.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see the shattered sight as a truth spell either I saw more as your worse thoughts that you normally don't analyze and think logically coming out
Old 12-13-2014, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think it was a truth spell either. It was the worst thought you could haveat that moment expressed. I don't think Henry "never liked" Hook. I don't think Kristoff is glad Anna postponed the wedding. But at that moment they wanted to hurt tge other person so they said the first bad thing that popped into their head. I don't take what Snow and Charming said as "truth" even in their deepest selves. We know Snow doesn't regret having her kids with Charming so we know that statement was meant to hurt. Why should the other statements they made be true? It's not true that Neal could be Whale's mathmatically but Charming wanted to get a dig in on her after her comment. Then she responded in kind. I also think she is sorry she killed Cora and she meant her apology. But she's not sorry Cora's dead. No one is really including Regina.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I don't think it was a truth spell either. It was the worst thought you could haveat that moment expressed. I don't think Henry "never liked" Hook. I don't think Kristoff is glad Anna postponed the wedding. But at that moment they wanted to hurt tge other person so they said the first bad thing that popped into their head. I don't take what Snow and Charming said as "truth" even in their deepest selves. We know Snow doesn't regret having her kids with Charming so we know that statement was meant to hurt. Why should the other statements they made be true? It's not true that Neal could be Whale's mathmatically but Charming wanted to get a dig in on her after her comment. Then she responded in kind. I also think she is sorry she killed Cora and she meant her apology. But she's not sorry Cora's dead. No one is really including Regina.
Yes I definetly agree with that
Old 12-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Or it could have been that Whale actually called the parts by name while touching them.
totally accepted!!! Yup this makes way more sense. So we can say the curse was more like the literal spell. Whale is a doctor who is a gynecologist therefore knows the clinical terms for which part is which and he was telling her which part was which, therefore he is boring lover.

It reminds me of that commercial where they say that genies are literal and the guys asks for a 1 million bucks and he literally gets 1 million bucks as in the animal not the cash.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

x

Her expressions are amazing.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:01 AM
Master Fan

truly. Her scenes were the best last episode
Old 12-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Hahaha she was. I love the way she says "yeah that's right. Snow white's a murderer." I love she goes from cute to I'll cut you in nanoseconds.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

X
Old 12-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I love that episode Lot of great Snow scenes in it.